Full fidelity Russian as next module?

carss

Deka is already working on a J-10 but as an AI for the China Asset Pack. The J-10 is too advanced to be made as a full fidelity module in DCS, at least for the next few years

Isn't there an export version of it? IIRC it uses a very similar radar to the JF-17 too?

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Based on that post, there is literally nothing about older declassified modules to included the SU-24 and SU-17 that would be a problem. Maybe that line is the SU-27 since he didn't ask. But then again maybe not. IMO its easier and more profitable for ED to pump out more generic 4th Gen US stuff so thats what they do for now...

Well another alternative would also be European 4th gen deltas, like early model Rafales or Gripens.

Isn't there an export version of it? IIRC it uses a very similar radar to the JF-17 too?

Not to sure about it, I think it's still too classified. There is only the standard J-10A, then the J-10B which has a stealthier intake and some more advanced features, and the C model will be even more advanced than that

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Planes: FC3, P-51, F-86, F-5E, Mirage 2000, F/A-18, F-14, F-16, Mig-19P :joystick:

ED pls gib A-4 and F-4 :cry:

the mi-24p is in development.

so the next module may very well be both Russian and full fidelity.

it will just be a helicopter to annoy all the jet jocks :)

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/downloads/screenshots/

top left picture is a textured mi-24 cockpit.

so ED will do full fidelity Russian. if they feel like it.

My Rig: AM5 7950X, 32GB DDR5 6000, M2 SSD, EVGA 1080 Superclocked, Warthog Throttle and Stick, MFG Crosswinds, Oculus Rift.

I think it is safe to say that we can all forget about getting any 4th gen Russian "Jet" in DCS anytime soon.

The current ED pipeline is full of American jets.

Deka have already stated that they will not do any Russian jets.

Razbam is doing an on and off job with MIG-23.

Polychop doesn't like Russian "helicopters" because of how they feel.

No other developer has shown any interest in anything relative modern from Russia.

I believe if we are to get any developer's interest going, we need to make some noise in the main DCS subforums so they understand that there is bigger demand for these jets now that we have so many nato sided planes.

I really wish there were some other Russian developers than ED who were interested in Red Jets.

Current Hangar : A-10C II ¦ AJS-37 ¦ A/V-8B ¦ F-14A/B ¦ F/A-18C ¦ FC3 ¦ JF-17 ¦ Ka-50 ¦ Mi-8 ¦ M2000-C ¦ SA342 ¦ UH-1H

Other Modules : Combined Arms ¦ Persian Gulf

TRAINED - LEARNING - UNTOUCHED - ABANDONED

I mean really, once ED runs out of the next 4th superfighter whats gonna be left?

Honestly I think if Raz makes the mig23 and does it well, and the F4E come out, at that point you have a chance of doing older cold war scenarios, and someone will do that decently for online MP. At that point, you'd also need something like a SU-17 for a decent redfor striker though.

Given that we have already have stable of pretty modern bluefor A/C I'd rather see a modernish Mig29 or Su-27, or even the older end of cold war versions, which really if you look at it was the majority of mig-29's that were exported and soldiered on into the early 2000's.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Are you guys considering a full fidelity Russian aircraft as your next module? If so, would the Mig-29K be possible for you guys?

The problem is the proper documentation and manuals, doesn't matter if it's in Russian or any other language, where is the doc about MIG-29K?

If DEKA make only Chinese aircraft, maybe next J-15;)? For supercarrier dlc)))

Sorry buddy, but Deka have already mentioned that they will/can not develop anything that is currently being used by the Chinese airforce. Something to do with how strict the airforce is about showing off their current tech.

Current Hangar : A-10C II ¦ AJS-37 ¦ A/V-8B ¦ F-14A/B ¦ F/A-18C ¦ FC3 ¦ JF-17 ¦ Ka-50 ¦ Mi-8 ¦ M2000-C ¦ SA342 ¦ UH-1H

Sorry buddy, but Deka have already mentioned that they will/can not develop anything that is currently being used by the Chinese airforce. Something to do with how strict the airforce is about showing off their current tech.

It's more of a Naval issue than anything else. I believe Deka did say they were gonna work on the J-8 or JH-7 next which is like the Chinese Su-24 or Tornado type aircraft. If they could do that, I'm sure they could make a Chinese Naval J-15, again supposing the PLAAN is cool with it

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Planes: FC3, P-51, F-86, F-5E, Mirage 2000, F/A-18, F-14, F-16, Mig-19P :joystick:

In India, i suppose :)

However, MiG-29K is a late 2000s plane, too new to be available IMHO.

Yes India is the only export operator of the Mig-29K. And come to think of it, it could just make for the perfect counter to the Pak JF-17s on MP servers ;)

34d8715dd43b7c5589c6bcbeaef0ce1f.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I’m pretty sure in a Liaoning thread I started uboats posted a picture of a prison cell when asked about J-15. I think they have said the same for JH-7, can’t do front line PLA fighter. In jabbers interview they mentioned Q-5 or J-8II as possible.

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

It's more of a Naval issue than anything else. I believe Deka did say they were gonna work on the J-8 or JH-7 next which is like the Chinese Su-24 or Tornado type aircraft. If they could do that, I'm sure they could make a Chinese Naval J-15, again supposing the PLAAN is cool with it

Well, their response on the J-15 is in this thread. J-15?

It's a totally different story, we can safely forget it.

Well, their response on the J-15 is in this thread. J-15?

They did change their story on that more recently. But if anything it will be FC3 level.

I’m pretty sure in a Liaoning thread I started uboats posted a picture of a prison cell when asked about J-15. I think they have said the same for JH-7, can’t do front line PLA fighter. In jabbers interview they mentioned Q-5 or J-8II as possible.

Yeah, I'd actually think the J-8II could be an interesting addition. The Q-5 is fairly primitive by comparison.

They did change their story on that more recently. But if anything it will be FC3 level.

I suppose FC3 level is better than nothing. Care to share where they discussed this? I am definitely interested.

I suppose FC3 level is better than nothing. Care to share where they discussed this? I am definitely interested.

It was a different more recent J-15 thread or maybe a liaoning one.

Not that specific post. But somewhere else I recall reading there was some possibility. If I'm wrong I apologize in advance.

True, however the Liaoning is getting made so there's that. The least we could do is fly Russian Su-33s off a Liaoning. Hopefully we can get the J-15 as an AI only at the very least. I hope the same for the Mig-29K. Maybe the mig has scope of becoming a module a few years later at least. We can only hope

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...
I doubt that Deka would even have the right connections and access to the Russian technology for this task. It will probably take some Russian developers to develop this jet properly.

Actually, I suspect it might take a non-Russian dev to do it. They are funny about state info. My daily driver is a Sukhoi, and we’ve had to mod everything due to parts export issues and/or technical info. They are... interesting (searching for right word here). Though I haven’t flown a modern mig I’ve burned a lot of fuel (and runway length) in VK-1/F based jets, they are a blast but temperamental af, have to peg your numbers and ensure you understand the likely poorly translated prohibited maneuvers in POH.

Again though I am Sukhoi fan. They make well designed and absurdly overbuilt planes, literally everything is made from titanium, and they punish poor stick and rudder skills. I would love to see a Su-35, though that’s probably not possible, but what about something like a dual seat su-30? Multi crew is fun, interesting plane. Once you go glass you can’t go back, so I’d love a 35 but don’t see it happening

just a dude who probably doesn't know what he's talking about

Actually, I suspect it might take a non-Russian dev to do it. They are funny about state info. My daily driver is a Sukhoi, and we’ve had to mod everything due to parts export issues and/or technical info. They are... interesting (searching for right word here). Though I haven’t flown a modern mig I’ve burned a lot of fuel (and runway length) in VK-1/F based jets, they are a blast but temperamental af, have to peg your numbers and ensure you understand the likely poorly translated prohibited maneuvers in POH.

Again though I am Sukhoi fan. They make well designed and absurdly overbuilt planes, literally everything is made from titanium, and they punish poor stick and rudder skills. I would love to see a Su-35, though that’s probably not possible, but what about something like a dual seat su-30? Multi crew is fun, interesting plane. Once you go glass you can’t go back, so I’d love a 35 but don’t see it happening

I'd love an Su-30 and so would so many! I think much like the F-16 they'll have to settle on one particular Su-30, and I'm pretty sure they can't make one with canards and TVC since those are more advanced.

A good middle ground IMO would be the Su-30M2. It's the standard Su-30 airframe but upgreaded just enough to be potent and not behind in tech like a standard early model Su-27 or Su-30

474abe34fcfb6c94ceb5440825e3f623.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I'd love an Su-30 and so would so many! I think much like the F-16 they'll have to settle on one particular Su-30, and I'm pretty sure they can't make one with canards and TVC since those are more advanced.

A good middle ground IMO would be the Su-30M2. It's the standard Su-30 airframe but upgreaded just enough to be potent and not behind in tech like a standard early model Su-27 or Su-30

Maybe a SU-30MKK?

Its old enough that it might be easier to get data for it

(while still being capable)

and Since its Operated by China Deka might have an easier time getting Data for it.

Or maybe even a Su-30MK2 as again might be easier for Deka to find data on then a Russian Su-30M2.

Maybe a SU-30MKK?

Its old enough that it might be easier to get data for it

(while still being capable)

and Since its Operated by China Deka might have an easier time getting Data for it.

Or maybe even a Su-30MK2 as again might be easier for Deka to find data on then a Russian Su-30M2.

Yes the Chinese version may just be a better work for Deka. plus doesn't the Su-30MKK or Mk2 have the SD-10 or other Chinese weapons implementation? If so even better!

baccdf95074196497416da1c8e5dcd03.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]