DCS: UH-1H Videos

wess24m

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Oil Rig Landing Instant Action Mission

My first flight in almost a year in the UH-1H. This was my second attempt at the mission :)

CPU: Core i7 7700k, Mobo: GA-Z270x Gaming 7 rev. 1, RAM: 2 x 8GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz, GPU: Zotac GTX 1060 Amp Edition, SSD: Samsung 850 pro 512 GB, SSD: 2 x Samsung 850 EVO 512 GB (RAID 0), Intel 530 Series 240GB SSD, HDD: WD 2TB Caviar Black, TrackIR 5, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro, CH PRO Pedals.

Practicing with the Huey. Took it for a spin around Batumi in a circuit pattern. Would like you guys to comment on how I could improve upon my hover, transitions and landings (which I messed uo as usual https://forums.eagle.ru/images/smilies/joystick.gif)

I first tried practicing the hover and then again before takeoff. During landing I was trying to get into a stable hover IGE over the runway threshold. Also I should have added more power before starting the takeoff run as the Huey was in a gunship configuration.

I'd like advice on:

- when to start descent and the proper descent rate

- whether I should go down to the deck and then approach the runway and slow down

- how much collective should I increase before I enter VRS?

CPU: Core i7 7700k, Mobo: GA-Z270x Gaming 7 rev. 1, RAM: 2 x 8GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz, GPU: Zotac GTX 1060 Amp Edition, SSD: Samsung 850 pro 512 GB, SSD: 2 x Samsung 850 EVO 512 GB (RAID 0), Intel 530 Series 240GB SSD, HDD: WD 2TB Caviar Black, TrackIR 5, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro, CH PRO Pedals.

A short clip of the Huey landing on the Stennis

Huge Fly Past

Well it might not be huge but it's pretty big, although it did not go according to plan. Anyway interesting to see lots of AI Hueys in one place.

The Elbrus Rescue

Flying the Elbrus Rescue mission. I still need more practice. Got away with one or two potential collisions to the ground but maybe it was snow :)

Where can I get some good troop transport missions for the Huey? I've been trying to make one with the CTLD script and after nearly a week of frustration I found out that once you drop off the troops they won't follow the waypoints and that this is a bug :doh:

Are there any ready made missions for using the Huey as a transport? Low to medium difficulty :)

Are there any ready made missions for using the Huey as a transport? Low to medium difficulty :)

For single Player

https://thefraternitysim.com/single-player-missions/snow-desert-mission-1/

The Multiplayer version is still pending but can be flown already with the UGLY ANGLES online.

Just visit us on Teamspeak 212.224.121.9:6113

https://www.tigermercs.de/

Angels flying actual usually from 18:00 Zulu until 21:00 to 22:00 Zulu

We also invite you to fly with us in missions like the one in the next Thread :smilewink:

Always happy landings ;)

UGLY ANGELS Mission summery 1

Just 15 min. filtered out of 2 hours of flight time.

We build our own missions, where we can fly in formation and fulfill different tasks like transport, search and destroy rescue, and more.

It is so much fun to fly together.

We like to invite any, some kind of German-speaking (English may welcome as well), Helicopter Pilots in DCS looking for a funny and crazy Squad to be part of, or just fly by.

Always happy landings ;)

For single Player

https://thefraternitysim.com/single-player-missions/snow-desert-mission-1/

The Multiplayer version is still pending but can be flown already with the UGLY ANGLES online.

Just visit us on Teamspeak 212.224.121.9:6113

Angels flying actual usually from 18:00 Zulu until 21:00 to 22:00 Zulu

We also invite you to fly with us in missions like the one in the next Thread :smilewink:

Thankyou for the link. Actually I'm still practicing. I'm not that good. Great video and thanks for the invite :)

• 2 weeks later...

Huey in combined action with Tiger Mercs Kockey's

This video is taken during the Tiger Mercs Monday Evening Mission from a Huey Pilots perspective.

More than 10 Jets exercising CAS and CAP for 3 Huey's and one Mi-8.

Always happy landings ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Batumi Dispatch

A short video of 2 Medevac runs in the Batumi dispatch custom mission.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

FARP Hollywood Mission #1: Troop Extraction

A long mission it is!

• 2 weeks later...

UH-1 Tutorial No. 1 / Cockpit Familiarisation

That's the first video of a new series UH-1 Tutorials.

Bevor startup and flying around with any aircraft you have to be familiar, at least with the essential instruments and you shud know where the necessary switches are.

In this video, we guide you through the cockpit from the pilots perspective.

You will get a basic understanding of the purpose of Switches, Instruments and radios, and where you find them inside the cockpit.

Helicopter Pilot Meeting Point on DICORD

https://discord.gg/CXCA7rf

Always happy landings ;)

Nice Tutorial :thumbup:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Bell UH-1 Tutorial 2 / Quick Startup

This is Tutorial No. 2 about a fast engine startup procedure that brings you up in the air.

A quick startup guide or video may only contain the necessary steps. However, that will be a lousy decision too.

Any wrong or careless doing you catch up at the beginning is hard to correct in the future, and bad habits may follow you a lifetime.

So this Video guide shows not the fastest way to start up, but the let's say most practicable way to a quick start and should be easy to memorize.

Helicopter Pilot Meeting Point on DISCORD

https://discord.gg/CXCA7rf

Always happy landings ;)

FARP Hollywood Second Mission

It's been quite a while. Was feeling lazy about flying the Huey. Instead I flew the civilian airliners which are easier to fly and land. Anyways, here's the second mission in the FARP Hollywood series by TheFraternitySim guys.

You've got it thought out, just a shame it is to see a lot of distractions in the cockpit, as the tips at startup and the cross with the axes of the joystick.

For the production of the video feel free to turn on MSAA 4x, or ReShade and filter SMAA, which eliminates the jagged very well.

🖥️MSI PRO Z690-A DDR4, Kingston 3600 MHz 64 Gb, i5 12600K, Gigabyte RTX 4090, Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus,🕹️VKB NXT Premium.

You've got it thought out, just a shame it is to see a lot of distractions in the cockpit, as the tips at startup and the cross with the axes of the joystick.

For the production of the video feel free to turn on MSAA 4x, or ReShade and filter SMAA, which eliminates the jagged very well.

Thanks man! I'll follow that advice in the next mission.

Cargo Transport

There are some advises tips and tricks on how to do sling load fast and easy.

n this video, we show that this second task is even under some time pressure not that difficult, and we use the chance to explain something about sling load with the UH-1.

A comment about the technical part. It depends a lot on your controls. If you use proper controls, like an extended cyclic stick and rudder pedals it will be a lot easier.

Always happy landings ;)