HP's Reverb VR Pro Headset

nervousenergy

I had taken a snapshot of it and it would go straight to the BBB if they tried to change it. :smilewink:

Nah. If you would have kept it, they would have probably downgraded your warranty like they did with mine. They probably just don't update your warranty status anymore because you returned the headset. Heh...either that or they just like you better. :D

I-7 8700K 5 Ghz OC, Trident Z RGB 32GB DDR4-3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E Gaming, ASUS RTX2080 8GB OC, NVMe PCIe M.2 1 TB SSD, EVO 1TB SSD, WD 1TB HD, WD Black 2 TB HD image, Corsair H150i Pro Cooler, HOTAS 16000FCS, Corsair Crystal 570X RGB case, Corsair RM750x Gold PSU, Razer Cynosa Chroma RGB keyboard, Razer Mamba Wireless Gaming Mouse, Samsung QLED 4K 82" :) TV/monitor. HP Reverb. Lenovo Explorer. IRL Private Pilot.

So I've noticed more 'cloudiness' lately, I'm wondering if this is mura. I notice it more on the PG map.

Curious if anyone else noticed this too.

Mura is like this ( and I do see this when looking at the sky in WMR home)

When rotating your head across the FOV, the view you see changes, but the pixels in front of your eyes appear to follow you.

Edited by Wmacky

A friend of mine had a serial number looking like this: SN: 8CC925ZOLT. Does this mean the 25th week of 2019?

Yes, mine is the same. I suspect the 25th week HMDs were the first batch that got the fixes since they came with clips and went to a few retailers out of the blue and when the feedback said no more issues from those of us who bought them, HP went into mass production for those they're selling on their website directly last week. I'm just guessing BTW :)

Edited by Naruto

System specs: Intel i9-9900k OC 5.1Ghz, 32 GB PC3200 G.SKILL TridentZ RGB RAM, Asus Strix 2080 TI OC SLI, Asus Z390 Workstation Pro, 970 EVO 1TB M.2 PCIe NVMe and many other SSDs, Alienware 3418DW Widescreen 120 Hz G-Sync Monitor, Corsair H150i PRO RGB CPU Cooler

Flightgear: HP Reverb Pro, Samsung Odyssey +, Virpil MongoosT-50CM2 Grip & T-50CM2 Base, TM Warthog, TM TPR Rudder, TM Cougar MFDs, Jetseat, Trackir 5, Sennheiser Game One Headset

So I've noticed more 'cloudiness' lately, I'm wondering if this is mura. I notice it more on the PG map.

Curious if anyone else noticed this too.

Yeah I've seen the mura… A lot, on light colored backgrounds IF you look for it. I dunno, some people might confuse it with SDE, but its definitely mura, and mostly apparent against a whitish background. Mostly a non issue if you don't look for it though.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

For the record, my ShopBLT Reverb Pro ordered around the 10th of August says it is a Rev A of week 25. I've only used it for maybe an hour, so certainly not long enough to really judge. I hope HP went back through their stock and fixed the older units cause it looks like I got one. I read back through the last 6 pages to catch up.

Has Voodoo confirmed at all what the Rev A is? I know a lot of people have a Gen 1 without any issues, but I'm trying to figure out if I need to worry about the $650 purchase I just made. Mine does have a clip, though, so I'm hoping they made sure their remaining Gen 1's were OK.

You will still need to do the cable mod to stress relieve the cable connections themselves.

System spec: i9 9900K, Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Ultra motherboard, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200 RAM, Corsair M.2 NVMe 1Tb Boot SSD. Seagate 1Tb Hybrid mass storage SSD. ASUS RTX2080TI Dual OC, Thermaltake Flo Riing 360mm water pumper, EVGA 850G3 PSU. HP Reverb, TM Warthog, Crosswind pedals, Buttkicker Gamer 2.

The difference for us Aussies is that the Pro is not available in Australia! Nevermind, it was only around a week ago that anybody in Australia working for HP had even heard of it.

Pretty sure we get the pro. Mine came with an extra cable and the leather like padding. I had originally ordered from shopblt but cancelled as soon as I saw the posts on here saying HP Aus had them. :thumbup:

I added the latest update last night and noticed my FPS dropped about 8 FPS also notice a lot more haze in all the maps. Anybody else notice this? I did a repair and deleted the files.

My Reverb VR1000.2 Week 925

Edited by Shortcut

13700K, MSI Z690 D4 Edge wifi, Swiftech H360X3 Cooling with Corsair Water Block, Gigabyte 4090 OC, 64gb Trident Z 3600 CL16, Evga 850W G2 power supply, TM Warthog,  MFG Crosswinds Rudder, TrackIR 5, HP Reverb 2, Pimax Crystal

:

Originally Posted by msgreene77 View Post

For the record, my ShopBLT Reverb Pro ordered around the 10th of August says it is a Rev A of week 25. I've only used it for maybe an hour, so certainly not long enough to really judge. I hope HP went back through their stock and fixed the older units cause it looks like I got one. I read back through the last 6 pages to catch up.

Has Voodoo confirmed at all what the Rev A is? I know a lot of people have a Gen 1 without any issues, but I'm trying to figure out if I need to worry about the $650 purchase I just made. Mine does have a clip, though, so I'm hoping they made sure their remaining Gen 1's were OK.

The other thing is mentioned here:

"The unit will still get warm but the thermals have been improved.

Flicker has been fixed, too."

"So can one assume all of the units now being offerred for sale around the world at hp sales websites are now updated units? For instance the Reverb only went on sale in Australia last night for the first time and am hoping it is a revised version? Cheers and thanks for the updates :)"

Voodooimaxx

Correct. :)

I added the latest update last night and noticed my FPS dropped about 8 FPS also notice a lot more haze in all the maps. Anybody else notice this? I did a repair and deleted the files.

If you mean the steam vr beta update: yes. Same problem, maybe 25% higher frame times with unchanged settings and steam ss.

Thanks so it's not just me it may have been Steam both updated about the same time. Is there any way to reduce the amount of haze I have every thing pretty much set to high?

13700K, MSI Z690 D4 Edge wifi, Swiftech H360X3 Cooling with Corsair Water Block, Gigabyte 4090 OC, 64gb Trident Z 3600 CL16, Evga 850W G2 power supply, TM Warthog,  MFG Crosswinds Rudder, TrackIR 5, HP Reverb 2, Pimax Crystal

I asked the HP QC guy about the week number and fixes. The HP tech guy I was also talking to told me that the issue that developed over time (many hours of use) from the heating was not caught until later on after the cable had been addressed and was kind of discovered by luck by one engineer who happened to catch it on a unit he thought was ok after hours of use. Week 25 seems really early to me to have had that fix in it (he mentioned it about the second week in July which was like 28 ) but lets see if he knows the actual week or a ballpark at least when the all of he fixes were done.

Edited by Secoda

I-7 8700K 5 Ghz OC, Trident Z RGB 32GB DDR4-3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E Gaming, ASUS RTX2080 8GB OC, NVMe PCIe M.2 1 TB SSD, EVO 1TB SSD, WD 1TB HD, WD Black 2 TB HD image, Corsair H150i Pro Cooler, HOTAS 16000FCS, Corsair Crystal 570X RGB case, Corsair RM750x Gold PSU, Razer Cynosa Chroma RGB keyboard, Razer Mamba Wireless Gaming Mouse, Samsung QLED 4K 82" :) TV/monitor. HP Reverb. Lenovo Explorer. IRL Private Pilot.

Hi All!

Finally I got my device purchased at AMAZON in the middle of July.

Bad news:

And what I see after 30 minutes of playing – RIGHT display is flickering. So after all this issue reporting to hp and after all “sold out periods” in May and June - in July HP again put on sale crappy devices! Unbelivable!

Good news:

I used this device every day for more than a week and every day/time I see absolutely the same picture: after 30 minutes of playing right display start flickering for about 40 – 50 seconds and then flickering completely goes away until I the end of gaming which is about 2 hours every day. This 50 seconds flickering is absolutely not bothering me.

All this makes me think that the problem is nor in the cable neither in the overheating. I assume that this is kind of Mis-synchronization of the displays which happens for short period of time.

Hi All!

Finally I got my device purchased at AMAZON in the middle of July.

Bad news:

And what I see after 30 minutes of playing – RIGHT display is flickering. So after all this issue reporting to hp and after all “sold out periods” in May and June - in July HP again put on sale crappy devices! Unbelivable!

Good news:

I used this device every day for more than a week and every day/time I see absolutely the same picture: after 30 minutes of playing right display start flickering for about 40 – 50 seconds and then flickering completely goes away until I the end of gaming which is about 2 hours every day. This 50 seconds flickering is absolutely not bothering me.

All this makes me think that the problem is nor in the cable neither in the overheating. I assume that this is kind of Mis-synchronization of the displays which happens for short period of time.

If you are "over" the Reverb and don't fancy getting another, I'd check out the Rift S. It's obviously not as clear as the Reverb but outside of having to restart the Oculus application occasionally (after closing the Beta version of DCS) I haven't had any issues with it at all.......and my PC is over 10 years old. LOL

I had some issues getting it installed/setup, but that's expected when you built your computer during the Paleolithic Period.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Ark

------------------

Windows 10 Pro x64

9900K @ 5ghz

Gigabyte Aorus Master Z390

32GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB CAS 14

EVGA RTX 2080 Ti Ultra XC2

256gb Samsung 869 Pro (Boot Drive)

1TB - Samsung 970 EVO Plus

Seasoninc 1000w Titanium Ultra PSU

34" ASUS PG348

Been tweaking my 931 unit. Now, I know my current GTX 1070 card is way under-powered for the Reverb, but I wish to hold off on the video upgrade until the new AMD cards reach distributors in a month or so. I am finding, however, that, when over-clocked, the 1070 performs adequately with somewhat reduced settings. Smooth and decidedly better graphics than the CV1.

Actually, I am seeing some Rift S's for sale as the Gen 2 Reverb's are shipping.

I tried to use my Lenovo Explorer (1440 x 1440 per eye) in between the two Reverb's I had/have and I can't go backwards. I guess I would get used to it again but it caused eyestrain.

I tested the Rift S, Valve Index, and Reverb in DCS. At this point I would wait for the Acer Ojo ConceptD (same exact Japanese lenses as the Reverb) or another 2160 x 2160 per eye level VR headset if the Reverb was pulled off of the market for DCS.

I found out that Best Buy should relist the Reverb in the next week or so to start selling the Gen 2's and then I will get my third and hopefully final Reverb. :thumbup: I see that Amazon now has seven sellers back selling the Gen 2's.

I also see the Gen 1's still being sold out there as returns and open boxes. That is a bit disturbing.

If you are "over" the Reverb and don't fancy getting another, I'd check out the Rift S. It's obviously not as clear as the Reverb but outside of having to restart the Oculus application occasionally (after closing the Beta version of DCS) I haven't had any issues with it at all.......and my PC is over 10 years old. LOL

I had some issues getting it installed/setup, but that's expected when you built your computer during the Paleolithic Period.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Besides the clarity the other big surprise with the Reverb was that the high native resolution allows for minimum SS and the headsets perform with lower requirements than was anticipated.

Been tweaking my 931 unit. Now, I know my current GTX 1070 card is way under-powered for the Reverb, but I wish to hold off on the video upgrade until the new AMD cards reach distributors in a month or so. I am finding, however, that, when over-clocked, the 1070 performs adequately with somewhat reduced settings. Smooth and decidedly better graphics than the CV1.

Thanks so it's not just me it may have been Steam both updated about the same time. Is there any way to reduce the amount of haze I have every thing pretty much set to high?

If you download and try Kegetys shader Mod you should see a reduction in haze (assuming its in game environmental haze your referring to) and increased VR performance depending on your system. It is also essentially creating a smaller area of MSAA if you use it, somewhat similar to fixed foveated rendering for AA and supersampling. On my machine I get a good 20% increase which I use to up other graphics settings to higher levels for similar fps........your mileage may vary though and some folks dont like the minor atifacts which I dont notice anyway.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=215373

For those new to WMR/Steam VR, I am also getting a smoother and crisper experience by not launching DCS from within the Steam house/ home and launching direct from desktop. This has been mentioned a couple of times in this thread previously but thought I would mention it again. No idea why it is happening but definately looks better and smoother.

Hope that helps. :)

Edited by Macka
speeelllling

There we were....two against a thousand.....so what'd we do....Shotem' both!!!!

Intel core I5-9600, GB RTX 2080TI@2050Mhz, Asus ROG Strix Z390, 32GB G.Skill ddr4 3000 Ram. 40" Philips 4K monitor, HP Reverb, Vive Pro, Rift CV1, TMWH and SimXperience Motion Sim, Lime green jocks, Jack Daniels 1770, 2 packs Marlborough, etc etc etc...:megalol:

With all of the Windows/Network tweaks and overclocking I am using I get pretty good performance but I would be curious what kind of performance delta folks doing this see with the Reverb by adding the Kegetys shader mod(s). Especially in the F-18.

I had a Rift S and the Reverb is far better imo.

I'd like to try Kegetys shader Mod but the instructions for setting it up aren't very clear