VAICOM PRO plugin for VoiceAttack

Hollywood_315

Only works before mission start and only for the non steerpoints marks. The steerpoints, to my knowkedge, need to be set in mission editor.
Ok. So what exactly does RESTORE do then? I'm really confused.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Ok. So what exactly does RESTORE do then? I'm really confused.

I have no idea really. Never have used that command.

I do believe that as RIO you can manually input a waypoint. Perhaps 'restore' changes the waypoint back to inputed ones before flight. But juust guessing here.

I'm a little stumped. Cannot figure out what's wrong as whenever i say repair or chocks, i get an outside view like F2. Has anyone had this problem?

Tried it with engines off on carrier and airfield with canopy open. Any pointers would be great.

Cheers

Hi Badass,

Yes,I said Request Repair. The other was after I landed on the carrier, I requested chocks as I was rolling off the ship. As soon as I said any of the requests, it gave me a view outside the plane as if I pressed F2

I will do another test this afternoon and see if another mod or voice command could be a problem.

Cheers

I have VA and Vaicom working. Chatter working. I fly the A10C. VHF AM, FM, UHF working. The manual recommends to use TX6 for self created commands. At first i tried using TX4 for custom commands. Does not work so well.

1. Which throttle button do you guys recommend for TX6?

I tried button 1, the mouse button on the throttle. Then I tried speedback aft and forward. All are push buttons but Vaicom only shows the press and not the release, although i mapped both press and release for TX6. On the VAC window when you press TX1 to 4 and let go the headset icon listens for as long as you say the command and stops, the the log shows press.

But for the button assigned to TX6, the log shows press, the headset listen and stop in a split second. At least for TX4 it listens for as long as you hold the press.

I know we can create custom profile and daisy chain it to the main vaicom for dcs world profile. 2. But the vaicom profile itself also lets you create commands. Is one way better than the other?

When i try saying the commands at the custom profile itself, it seems to recognize the words. I also trained the vaicom pro list of commands many times. And did the MS training. When daisy chained, it seems to not recognize the words so well. Then sometimes even going straight back to the custom profile it doesn't recognize the words too. For some commands I tried many variations of calling it, but still doesn't recognize them 90% of the time, even with pauses.

Hmm, according to the VAICOM manual,

Always use TX6 with your own commands if you want to use the plugin’s Exposed Variables. Page 13.

But then page 27 says:

The AUX function on TX6 can be used for non-radio communications functions e.g. for

non-VAICOM PRO commands that you added yourself. Future extension may use this

node also.

so future extensions may also use this node. but right now it can already be used for custom commands? but can't just press and say the word, must use this advanced exposed variables stuff?

I don't even know which button on the hotas or panels is a good candidate for TX6,

11:48:58 AM - UNABLE TO INVOKE PLUGIN, 'VAICOM PRO 2.5. DUE TO EXCEPTION: 'VoiceAttack.VoiceAttackInvokeProxyClass' does not contain a definition for 'Utility'

Updated/re-installed

Tried windows default themes

nothing worked

please help

Hello, after translate AIRIO 2.5.2

datalink tune and radio tune don't work

12:16:15 - UNABLE TO INVOKE PLUGIN, 'VAICOM PRO 2.5. DUE TO EXCEPTION: Champ introuvable : 'Macro.Seq_J_INPUT_NUM_50'.

12:16:15 - Listening suspended

12:16:15 - Joystick : 'Transmit TX2 release'

12:16:14 - UNABLE TO INVOKE PLUGIN, 'VAICOM PRO 2.5. DUE TO EXCEPTION: Champ introuvable : 'Macro.Seq_J_INPUT_NUM_50'.

12:16:14 - Recognized : 'cargo'

12:16:14 - Plugin execution exception: Champ introuvable : 'Macro.Seq_J_INPUT_NUM_50'.

12:16:14 - Recognized : 'fréquence radio 1 3 2 point 5 deux cinq'

12:16:08 - Listening resumed

THX

Hello all, I've been using this for a little while now and everything was running fine (last 3 weeks) up until 10 mins ago, eg, 'Chief ground power on' is recognized by voice attack voice attack says copy, power is connected but I am not hearing the response in game from the ground crew.

Same with connect air supply.

I read somewhere ages ago that the lua files for simshaker software could cause issues, could anyone verify this, and what I need to do to reset this.

Or if its something completely different.

Ok so I've deleted the export lua in saved games, I've created a custom path, I've reverified the install, now its not as above at all, it's hearing the command clearly but voice attack in debug mode reads constructing message and does nothing :(

any ideas ?

EDIT: I managed to get it to work not sure really what I did numerous restarts and deleting the export lua multiple times, eventually got there lol :)

Until tomorrow when I find something else to break lol

Edited by Onslawt
update

System specs:

Intel i7-8700k - OC to 4.8 GHz |32 GB RAM 3000 MHz C15 | 1080ti | H150i | Samsung SSD 960 EVO 1TB m2.NVMe | Samsung SSD 840 EVO 1 TB

Rift CV1| Rift S| TM Warthog Hotas | MFG Crosswind pedals | NLR v3 motion platform

Vaicom Pro https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=198297

SimShaker for Aviators https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=175028&highlight=Simshaker

Point CTRL https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=218861

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Remapping TX Nodes

Hi Hollywood,

Somebody might have asked this already, but I'm looking for a way to remap the TX nodes. I'm using a TM Warthog and the default mapping in Viacom Pro conflicts with my mapping for the Tomcat.

Regards,

Requiem

Crowbar Inc.: "We deliver pain."

I have no idea really. Never have used that command.

I do believe that as RIO you can manually input a waypoint. Perhaps 'restore' changes the waypoint back to inputed ones before flight. But juust guessing here.

Head scratcher. The problem that I have is I never fly SP. And there are times that I can't get a RIO. On MP servers, like Hoggit, you can't jump in back and program Bulls or set up a CAP on steerpoints. So you just wander around. LOL

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

@ Hollywood:

I have two problems at the moment:

- Occasional long delays between VAICOM sending a command to DCS and DCS actually registering the command - sometimes up to 10 seconds. Direct comms using the menu manually go through straight away. This applies to AIRIO commands and AI radio comms.

- Jester manual radio tuning is broken completely. Command is recognised correctly but results in random or no changes to the frequency

Any ideas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

overalien

Hog Driver starting to really like the Tomcat

System specs:

Intel i7-8700k - OC to 5.0 GHz

| 32 GB RAM 3600 MHz | Nvidia 1080ti SLi | Mixed Storage - Win 10 and DCS on Samsung SSD 970 Pro

Flightgear:

7 Displays (3 x 1440p, 1 X 1080p, 3 X Lilliput Touch) | 3 x Cougar MFDs

| Warthog HOTAS | Thrustmaster TPR Pedals | iBEAM Shaker + Simshaker for Aviators w. Sound Module | Helios | VAICOM Pro + AIRIO | TrackIR 5

11:48:58 AM - UNABLE TO INVOKE PLUGIN, 'VAICOM PRO 2.5. DUE TO EXCEPTION: 'VoiceAttack.VoiceAttackInvokeProxyClass' does not contain a definition for 'Utility'

Check that you are running the latest version of VoiceAttack (v1.7.5 I think)

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

This is a bug in the f14 module not in AIRIO.

thanks RedeyeStorm for clearing that up, I had a suspicion that this came after the latest 2.5.5 patch.

The delays in response have been around a bit longer and are intermittent. A mission restart or DCS restart sometimes fixes it and sometimes it's not a problem at all. IN mission there seems to be no way to reset it. even restartinfg VoiceAttack does not help. I have Win 10 and am now experimenting with the UDP Packet fix to see if it might be related, even though that issue is not really Windows 10 related. Couild just be a DCS bug though... it's really frustrating when your mission pressure mounts and suddenly Wingman and Jester are smoked up on weed... :p

overalien

System specs:

| 32 GB RAM 3600 MHz | Nvidia 1080ti SLi | Mixed Storage - Win 10 and DCS on Samsung SSD 970 Pro

Flightgear:

| Warthog HOTAS | Thrustmaster TPR Pedals | iBEAM Shaker + Simshaker for Aviators w. Sound Module | Helios | VAICOM Pro + AIRIO | TrackIR 5

Command Delay:

So, I finally have VAICOM working most of the time. But I sometimes, it has a long delay(45 seconds) before it issues my spoken command. The Log window recognized the command and beeps, so I assume it is telling DCS the Radio command. But I have to wait 45+ seconds before DCS says and displays my command on the screen.

Is this something I can fix? It's pretty annoying. :joystick:

I have the same problem intermittently. did you manage to solve your issue?

overalien

System specs:

Flightgear:

It's been a while, so I don't remember how that got fixed. Sorry.

I might have reinstalled VAICOM.

At one point I noticed that the export script was corrupted. It had all the code in it twice. But I'm not sure what fixed it..

Sent from my Moto Z Play using Tapatalk

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

- ҉ - Blackshark Cockpit Trainer - ҉ -    Thread   | Download

@rocketeer When using your own commands you need to use a TX for PTT. Can be any TX but when you want a dedicated key for your own commands use TX6 making sure press/release are properly configured.

@biselvon Make sure your VA version is current i.e. 1.7.5

@Maddog Translation support for the new AIRIO manual tune commands will be in next update

@onslawt Ok good you got it to work

@Requiem The simple way is using the SRS radio slot mapping for the F-14

@overalien The delay hasn't been reproducible, perhaps check if the log gives any clues. For the F14 confirm your menu setting in DCS/Special is set to default. By @snacks' suggestion also inspect your export.lua in Saved Games.

Grtz

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

There is no spoon.

Avatar_old_80x80.gif.0c105925ce4b9f5b87697ea37cbde317.gif

VAICOM PRO plugin for DCS World

www.vaicompro.com

@overalien The delay hasn't been reproducible, perhaps check if the log gives any clues. For the F14 confirm your menu setting in DCS/Special is set to default. By @snacks' suggestion also inspect your export.lua in Saved Games.

Grtz

I checked all but got no clues. Tried changing the order of the entries in the export.lua by moving the VAICOM entries to the last line. This might have helped since I experienced no delays since then, but in one mission the 'Radar is in Lock State' issue reappeared and remained stubbornly in the same mission despite restarts. Did you ever find out the cause of that one?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

overalien

System specs:

Flightgear:

By itself Radar lock state behavior is normal, you will have the same when using the traditional menu wheel instead of AIRIO.

When locked to a contact (STT) you cannot change certain radar scan parameters such as range. The 'break lock' voice command is used to have Jester release the STT state and then these parameters can be changed again.

There is no spoon.

Avatar_old_80x80.gif.0c105925ce4b9f5b87697ea37cbde317.gif

VAICOM PRO plugin for DCS World

www.vaicompro.com