Maverick AMG-65 H and illumination flare strange behaviour

gghelli

Hi, I'm going through the Advanced Flight Qualification campaign with DCS-World 1.5 and at the last mission I'm trying to shoot an AMG-65 H (optical sensor) to a flare illuminated target but the MFCD is black and I can't see the target,if a change my point of view in cockpit sometimes I'm able to see the expected display, like if by shifting my head I was able to move the flare illuminated area. The mav locks on the target even if the MFCD is black (slave all to SPI and then 'track').

Thank you very much

• 2 years later...

How did you get past this? I seem to get a lock sometimes at 2 miles out and it still misses with the H model. The D model locks on correctly without issues. It seems the illumination is not as strong as the flares at waypoint 3. 9/10 I can not get a lock and then I notice the flare goes out after your first pass if you miss, out of luck.

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz