Warthog HOTAS

Zarma

Now why would you hope this? Personally, I have ZERO desire to buy a VKB stick and throttle based on the Flanker to fly the Hornet. I’m sure the same can be said about using a Warthog to fly a Flanker. The most important fact is you WANT thrustmaster producing a Hornet Stick and Throttle setup because competition keeps prices low.

Fact.

My HOTAS Warthog Stick base Gimbal broke last year, I opened it up to have a look and was quite shoked about the cheap plastic parts for this high price product. The O-Ring was also in tatters, but this I expected.

Anyway, O-Ring and new gimbal would have cost me something like 105 US $ without shipping, shipping time 4 weeks. In the same time I ordered and got a Virpil T50 Base, the Warthog Stick is 100% compatible and it works like a charm.

To get to the point: the quality of the VPC base is top notch, delivery time was the same for me in the situation and our beloved Warthog Stick or future Hornet stick is Plug and Play compatible.

Also when someday my HOTAS Throttle will leave me, I will order die Virpil one.

Now why would you hope this? Personally, I have ZERO desire to buy a VKB stick and throttle based on the Flanker to fly the Hornet. I’m sure the same can be said about using a Warthog to fly a Flanker. The most important fact is you WANT thrustmaster producing a Hornet Stick and Throttle setup because competition keeps prices low.

Fact.

it is not about the grip but the base. TM bas was the best but now there are better products out there. If TM can't provide a base that is better then the competition AND compatible with TM warthog grip, why not get a VirPil base that is 100% compatible with the Warthog gri? And since I get the base why not also the grip that works really well with L39 and Mig21?

In the same time I ordered and got a Virpil T50 Base, the Warthog Stick is 100% compatible and it works like a charm.

To get to the point: the quality of the VPC base is top notch, delivery time was the same for me in the situation and our beloved Warthog Stick or future Hornet stick is Plug and Play compatible.

Also when someday my HOTAS Throttle will leave me, I will order die Virpil one.

Does the T-50 base match the Warthog in accuracy, or I need to sacrifice some accuracy for build quality and better movement?

Edited by Cotoi

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 5820K, 32GB DDR4, 3x250GB SSD RAID0, nVidia GTX 1080, Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle, Virpil WarBird base with Thrustmaster Warthog grip, MFG Crosswind rudder pedals - 2484.

It's even better. Absolutely precise, I am flying with zero dead zone. Also it comes with 3 sets of springs to configure the stiffness of the stick, currently mine is easy going with two fingers for precise little movings and gets stiffer toward the edges. I am loving it.

I am thankful to TM (and CH) for keeping high quality products on the markets on former dire simulation times, but concerning VPC, I was amazed that they could raise the bar even higher.

A friend of mine purchased it complete with the T50 Stick and is very satisfied, but be aware, the T50 stick is high quality plastics. (The base has no plastic parts at all as far is I know).

I live in the best of both worlds, there is nothing better than the feel of cold steel for flying.

PS: Nice lancer.

VKB and Virpil are smaller outfits that will continue to grow and with that order times etc will come down. They both have far superior bases to the Thrustmaster Warthog. I'm going to be using my Virpil T-50 Base with a nice long Sahaj extension and a metal TM Warthog stick(until I get the Hornet and Tomcat sticks). The great news in Virpil's case is they just opened a new large production facility and will soon be able to fill orders quicker. But until then people will need to preorder and wait for the quality just like the MFG Crosswinds.

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | ASUS Crosshair Hero X670E | 64GB G Skill Trident Z DDR5 6000 | Nvidia RTX 4090 FE| Samsung EVO Plus 6 TB M.2 PCIe SSDs | TM Hornet Stick/WinWing Hornet Throttle and MIP | VPC T-50 Stick Base | TM TPR Rudder Pedals W/Damper | Varjo Aero/Pimax Crystal

VFA-25 Fist of the Fleet

Carrier Strike Group One(CSG-1) Discord