Vought F4-U corsair with black sheep skin

tango55

problem is that all magnitude planes has no sounds, which is no go for me.
Well, bearing in mind R2800 is the same in P-47, lets hope sound is not a problem.

S!

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

Well, bearing in mind R2800 is the same in P-47, lets hope sound is not a problem.

S!

maybe engines are the same but P-47 uses exhaust manifold which supply turbine with exhaust gases so sound will be quite difrent.

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor

maybe engines are the same but P-47 uses exhaust manifold which supply turbine with exhaust gases so sound will be quite difrent.
Lets hope then the TFC Corsair would do the trick either if they take that way :lol: .

S!

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

I would not pre judge but, lets agree that the Corsair had a very distinctive sound, the Japanese called it the Whistling Death...

There are no references in any contemporary Japanese sources that refer to this term, or anything similar. The "whistling death" myth only appears in Allied literature.

Ref: Sakaida, Henry. Imperial Japanese Navy Aces, 1937-45. Botley, Oxfordshire, UK: Osprey Publishing, 1998. ISBN 1-85532-727-9.

That said, if you have any historical Japanese references to the contrary, please let us know.

Nevertheless, p-47 will have difent sound then F4U.

Simple example P-38 which uses turbocharged V-1710 alisons sounds completely difrent than any other plane with non turbocharged Alison.

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor

Interesting about the nicknames. And makes sense.

I kind of like the more understated British approach of being "affectionately disparaging" in their nicknames. Saying, in essence, "Despite it's obvious shortcomings, this bird keeps bringing me home intact."

Nevertheless, p-47 will have difent sound then F4U.

Simple example P-38 which uses turbocharged V-1710 alisons sounds completely difrent than any other plane with non turbocharged Alison.

On has to keep in mind, however, that in the -38 the piping to the turbo is the only way the exhaust can get out. In -47 the situation is different, gases can go out either through turbo, or through standard exhaust pipes below cooling gills. When wastegates are closed, the plane works like any non-turbo R2800-powered aircraft and with most, if not all restored, flying -47s having their turbo systems non-functional, they don't sound all THAT different compared to Hellcats and Corsairs (different props notwithstanding). I'd hazard a guess the same applies to the plane ED took recordings off last summer in Duxford.

In either case, If Magnitude guys don't have capabilities/resources for producing their own Corsair soundset, I'd rather see them copying ED's Thunderbolt sounds (whatever they will turn out to be) rather than Mustang ones :D.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

On has to keep in mind, however, that in the -38 the piping to the turbo is the only way the exhaust can get out. In -47 the situation is different, gases can go out either through turbo, or through standard exhaust pipes below cooling gills. When wastegates are closed, the plane works like any non-turbo R2800-powered aircraft and with most, if not all restored, flying -47s having their turbo systems non-functional, they don't sound all THAT different compared to Hellcats and Corsairs (different props notwithstanding). I'd hazard a guess the same applies to the plane ED took recordings off last summer in Duxford.

In either case, If Magnitude guys don't have capabilities/resources for producing their own Corsair soundset, I'd rather see them copying ED's Thunderbolt sounds (whatever they will turn out to be) rather than Mustang ones :D.

Still in F4U exhaust is stacked to couple exits where in p 47 you have 2. F4u sounds difrent.

I think it will be tf-51 sound.

I would not pre judge but, lets agree that the Corsair had a very distinctive sound, the Japanese called it the Whistling Death...

I didn't hear any whistling when my small-town street got beat up by an F4U a few summers ago. It sure was LOUD though! I heard a vicious snarling, roaring aircraft engine and ran up from the basement to to my front yard. There was a fully restored F4U from the warbirds museum in Ottawa doing low passes over the house 3 doors down. That's where one of the volunteer mechanics who worked on the restoring the plane lives (he did the massive carburetor). This was a salute to him for his work, apparently. What a wild sound - but no whistling. Maybe if the throttle had been backed off, but not with the throttle on full roar!