[CHECKING] Startup Training Mission - Will Never Start Engine!

imacken

I know it's old, but there will be new Bf 109 people out there who will be confused by this startup trainer.

Following the instructor will never start the engine, as he never mentions setting the breakers for generator and battery to on. He instructs you to switch on 2 or 3 and then says something like 'these are all the necessary breakers to be switched on for startup'!

Oh, and also, can't communicate with ATC on channel 3. No reply to anything.

Edited by imacken

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

I know it's old, but there will be new Bf 109 people out there who will be confused by this startup trainer.

Following the instructor will never start the engine, as he never mentions setting the breakers for generator and battery to on. He instructs you to switch on 2 or 3 and then says something like 'these are all the necessary breakers to be switched on for startup'!

Oh, and also, can't communicate with ATC on channel 3. No reply to anything.

Lots of training missions are so old that, i dont even trying them.

Since this training mission was done long time ago,countles changes had happen.

I just use comunity guides, those are most up to date

Edited by grafspee

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor

With all due respect, that's not really the point.

If modules are being sold, then there is a responsibility to ensure that the contents included work.

I regularly revisit modules and training missions just to see if there is something I am missing, and I would say that most stand up to all the changes that have been made over the years, and often they are updated.

In this case, there is an easy fix for something that is likely to confuse the novice.

In fact, both the manual and Chuck's Guide are both wrong as well on this.

I think it's that both the battery and generator breakers are assumed to be already set, and this can be seen in the photos in both documents. Now, I don't know if the default position on these has changed, but I'm pretty sure this is an easy fix if there was any willing to maintain the module.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

Gen and battery switches are newest changes, probably soon there will be update for training missions too.

But there are lots of other nagging problems and bugs, by my book training missions bugs are last in queue

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor

Lots of new purchasers may not necessarily agree with you, but, each to his own. Doesn't alter the fact that the mission is bugged.

All the others are fine.

In fact, both the manual and Chuck's Guide are both wrong as well on this.

Well, page 28 of my guide states "All forward circuit breakers – ON (C100 Nav Lights and C101 UV Lights optional)"

I don't see what's technically wrong with it since the battery (Sammler) and generator (Stromer Zeuger) are included in these circuit breakers.

Maybe it could be interpreted that "forward CBs" refer to the first vertical row and not the second, but they are all in the same circle? Is that what is confusing people?

Well, page 28 of my guide states "All forward circuit breakers – ON (C100 Nav Lights and C101 UV Lights optional)"

I don't see what's technically wrong with it since the battery (Sammler) and generator (Stromer Zeuger) are included in these circuit breakers.

Maybe it could be interpreted that "forward CBs" refer to the first vertical row and not the second, but they are all in the same circle? Is that what is confusing people?

Yep, sorry Chuck, my mistake, you do mention switching ALL circuit breakers on in the 'Pre-flight' section. Thanks for pointing that out. I'm pretty sure there is no mention in the main manual though.

Anyway, the point of this thread was for me to report a bug in the TM.