Will Mirage customers ever get to use the Precision INS Bombing?

Joni

Like the title says. Will we ever see the INS Precision Bombing feature work again?

Its very frustrating not being able to use one of the most awaited features.

Zeus?

Intel Core i5-8600k + Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO | Gigabyte GTX 1070 Aorus 8G | 32GB DDR4 Corsair Vengance LPX Black 3200MHz | Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Gaming 3 | WD Black SN750 NVMe 500GB | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Green 240GB | WD Caviar Black 1TB SATA 3 | WD Caviar Blue 500GB SATA 3 | EVGA 650 GQ 80+ Gold | Samsung CF391 Curved 32" | Corsair 400C | Steelseries Arctis 5 --- Razer Kraken X Lite | Logitech G305 | Redragon Dyaus 2 K509 | Xbox 360 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Thrustmaster TWCS | TrackIR 5

Lol, the bug is already reported. You might want to check the version... You are posting a video from 2016! :doh:

Edited by JohnnyQ

Intel Core i5-8600k + Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO | Gigabyte GTX 1070 Aorus 8G | 32GB DDR4 Corsair Vengance LPX Black 3200MHz | Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Gaming 3 | WD Black SN750 NVMe 500GB | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Green 240GB | WD Caviar Black 1TB SATA 3 | WD Caviar Blue 500GB SATA 3 | EVGA 650 GQ 80+ Gold | Samsung CF391 Curved 32" | Corsair 400C | Steelseries Arctis 5 --- Razer Kraken X Lite | Logitech G305 | Redragon Dyaus 2 K509 | Xbox 360 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Thrustmaster TWCS | TrackIR 5

Not in 1.5.7

Is this also a bug in DCS 2? Or is it a Mirage bug?

Hi,

As I can see in other threads, Zeus is back but he works on .... Harrier ...

RAZBAM priority is still Harrier

So I didn't expect any bug fix or avionic update soon... Perhaps for RAZBAM, a week is equal to a month ... Wait until September 12th (3 month instead of 3 weeks) !!!!

I hope I'm wrong,.. I hope :mad:

Edited by sunski34
  • Like 1

Oh man! :doh:

I thought this was solved a while ago. I'll have to check.

I am deeply sorry if it isn't.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

Hi Zeus,

no problem....

But clearly, when you announced 3 weeks in June for avionics update, a lot of people (like me) wait for it (same for the FM) !

But weeks passed and nothing was released ! That's why some of us are disappointed !

So, now, I hope it's just a question of weeks ;)

Well, it's Wednesday, so let's see what happens.

Since the Harrier was announced for Q3, "a question of weeks" might well mean the Harrier gets released before the Mirage is out of early access and fixed properly.

I for one am going to hold off on buying any other Razbam module until that happens, even though I am quite looking forward to flying every aircraft they have announced thus far :(

• Like 1
Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

Hi Zeus,

no problem....

But clearly, when you announced 3 weeks in June for avionics update, a lot of people (like me) wait for it (same for the FM) !

But weeks passed and nothing was released ! That's why some of us are disappointed !

I wish I could tell you all the stuff that happens in our office that sometimes play havoc with our plans.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

I can understand that of course...

Planned delays can shift because of problems or other "havoc" as you said.

Bugs and update shifts are cumulative little problems, and finally, that creates a big "problem" from customer's point of view.

So, in that case, can you give us new delays for major updates like avionic or irritating bug fix ?

Edited by sunski34

I can understand that of course...

Planned delays can shift because of problems or other "havoc" as you said.

Bugs and update shifts are cumulative little problems, and finally, that creates a big "problem" from customer's point of view.

So, in that case, can you give us new delays for major updates like avionic or irritating bug fix ?

It is too late for this week's update so I will check and commit some bug fixes for next update. Unfortunately the AV-8B NA does demand most of my attention but this does not mean that I don't want to update/upgrade the M-2000C.

It is too late for this week's update so I will check and commit some bug fixes for next update.

thank you Zeus

Unfortunately the AV-8B NA does demand most of my attention but this does not mean that I don't want to update/upgrade the M-2000C.

Of course ... And that is perfectly understandable ;)

Thank you again for your return, I appreciate :thumbup:

It is too late for this week's update so I will check and commit some bug fixes for next update.

Sweet, thanks! :)

Unfortunately the AV-8B NA does demand most of my attention

Are you able/allowed to elaborate on that? Is there still pressure from ED?

I wish I could tell you all the stuff that happens in our office that sometimes play havoc with our plans.

From an employer's point of view, that statement is none of our concern, however understandable it may be. An employer only cares about results, and in this analogy the people who bought the Mirage module are the "employer", since we are the ones paying Razbam. I'm sure they understand...

Edited by Elysian Angel
Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

It is too late for this week's update so I will check and commit some bug fixes for next update. Unfortunately the AV-8B NA does demand most of my attention but this does not mean that I don't want to update/upgrade the M-2000C.
I like you guys at Razbam, I really do. Take this as honest feedback.

This is not good behaviour on your (Razbam I mean) part, no matter the reason behind it.

This is not good behaviour on your (Razbam I mean) part, no matter the reason behind it.

Indeed, it's made me decide to hold off on purchasing the Harrier because i expect the same thing will happen to it, they'll put a hold on development and bug fixing to concentrate on the Tucano or whatever.

It's a shame because they started off really well, but months are turning into years for various 3rd parties. I'm just glad that ED themselves release there own modules pretty much complete.

Indeed, it's made me decide to hold off on purchasing the Harrier because i expect the same thing will happen to it, they'll put a hold on development and bug fixing to concentrate on the Tucano or whatever.

It's a shame because they started off really well, but months are turning into years for various 3rd parties. I'm just glad that ED themselves release there own modules pretty much complete.

Cool

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Youtube

Reddit

Zeus, you did solve the problem a while ago but the bug came back, so there must be something going on there.

Thanks for coming to comment here, I hope this is fixed as it is a tremendous feature.

• 3 weeks later...

Zeus, how are you? It's been a couple of updates since this comment, I was wondering if this got fixed?

Thanks!

very interesting information...

...and I thank you for that. I was just about to purchase Mirage module bit I decided to check forums first. I can see and understand from the statements posted here that one person who is assigned to Mirage fixes is now busy with yet another "alpha" release. So there will be two early stage products and still one person dedicated to it unless that very same person is given third alpha product to work on. Interesting strategy, although hard to find analogy in life.

Well, need to wait and see what happens.

• Like 1

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

What doesn't work with the INS bombing ? the release cue is still bugged, ie when holding the trigger it releases immediately whereas it should release when it crosses the FPM. But other then that it works fine in the latest 1.5.7 update, didn't test in 2.1 but i doubt it will make a difference since they both got updated.

Edited by Rex854Warrior

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

What doesn't work with the INS bombing ? the release cue is still bugged, ie when holding the trigger it releases immediately whereas it should release when it crosses the FPM. But other then that it works fine in the latest 1.5.7 update, didn't test in 2.1 but i doubt it will make a difference since they both got updated.

what an incoherent statement

other than that it works fine??? No, it doesnt. it would work fine if the release cue worked fine.