iControl DCS 2.1

iControl DCS 2.1 has been released to the App Store.

Added direct connect capability.

Combo MFD framerate increase

Fixed LASTE panel switches not updating with the in-sim values

Fixed an issue with CDU dials resetting

Other minor bug fixes and performance improvements

It requires a new server version.

Server auto-update will not work because... new website!

http://bit-shift.com/icontroldcs/index.html

I've spent all evening trying to make sure all the ducks are in a row. If anyone has any problems, please let me know via support@bit-shift.com

Happy flying!

Edited by boarder2

iControl DCS/DCS Virtual Cockpit - Full featured iPad Cockpit - Now with Android support!

A10 Virtual Cockpit Free - Free limited functionality version of iControl DCS!

DCS Virtual Cockpit - Android version!

Follow on Twitter for all the latest news

Quick question Boarder, do I have to set up the mfd screens to use this, reason I'm asking, is I'm am thinking of running my mfd's on my left and right screens, at full size, as I can't see a thing on the mfds at the normal size, joys of getting older :) darn eyesight. Anyway as I will have 2 mfds at full size on monitors, I don't need to have live mfds on my iPad. All I need is the mfds buttons to work. That way I can see what I'm doing and easily control my mfds using the iPad touchscreen. So is there anyway I can do this. Although thinking bout it, I may still put the live cdu on.

Cowboy10uk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh:

Quick question Boarder, do I have to set up the mfd screens to use this, reason I'm asking, is I'm am thinking of running my mfd's on my left and right screens, at full size, as I can't see a thing on the mfds at the normal size, joys of getting older :) darn eyesight. Anyway as I will have 2 mfds at full size on monitors, I don't need to have live mfds on my iPad. All I need is the mfds buttons to work. That way I can see what I'm doing and easily control my mfds using the iPad touchscreen. So is there anyway I can do this. Although thinking bout it, I may still put the live cdu on.

Cowboy10uk

There's not a simple way to do this using the server display configuration utility directly.

However, what you could do is, configure your display with the utility, leaving the MFDs NOT exported. Update the scripts, then manually edit your monitor configuration file to export the MFDs in the positions you want them.

If you do it that way, the server software will not export them to the iPad, you'll see them on the screen, and the buttons should work just fine.

Hope that helps!

iControl DCS/DCS Virtual Cockpit - Full featured iPad Cockpit - Now with Android support!

Yep think so Boarder, thanks for the quick answer. I have already got it set up showing the mfds how I want them. If I use the display configuration to put the cdu where I want it, and then create a script, am I right in thinking that if I copy and paste that cdu script into the mfd one I already hav then that should display the cdu in right place.

Ummm hope u can understand this, think I've just confused myself :)

Cowboy10uk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh:

Ummm hope u can understand this, think I've just confused myself :)

Cowboy10uk

Yeah, that should probably work. Basically you'll just have to make sure the two are merged correctly. Keep the copy of your current display config. Set up the display with the CDU using the server tool. Update the scripts. Then merge the CDU export config into your original config and rename it to replace the one with the CDU config.

Or merge the MFD exports into the one with the CDU... whichever. :)

Check out http://winmerge.org/

You can select both files and see the differences between the two, should make merging them a lot easier.

All done and set up. Works a treat. So so much easier to control and work with mfds now. Thanks for your help Boarder.

:thumbup::thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Anyone else getting really horrid framerates on the MFD's with this? I can't seem to figure out why all of a sudden I can't get about 5 FPS. My network is very good and utilization on the NIC is very low. Firewall is all good and settings seem to be fine...

Stumped...

"Never give in, never give in, never, never, never, never-in nothing" - Winston Churchill

Windows 7 64bit - AMD 1090T OC @ 4.02ghz NB @2.6ghz - MSI 990FXA-GD80 - 4x Geil Black Dragon 2GB 9-9-9-28 @ 1666mhz - 2x Geforce 580 GTX SLI OC @ Core 900Mhz Shaders 1800Mhz Memory 2100Mhz - Samsung 24" T240 @ 1900 x 1200 - 2 x Velicoraptor 150GB HDD - TM Warthog - Track IR 5 - Saitek Rudder Pedals - iPad & iPad2 running iControl DCS

Anyone else getting really horrid framerates on the MFD's with this? I can't seem to figure out why all of a sudden I can't get about 5 FPS. My network is very good and utilization on the NIC is very low. Firewall is all good and settings seem to be fine...

Stumped...

Is this recent? Were you getting higher rates before?

One thing that I've noticed is that disabling the aero glass themes and switching back to a standard theme in Windows 7 can have a huge impact on framerates.

For me, switching means jumping from ~12FPS in combo mode to ~25 and ~30FPS in zoomed to ~60.

I will be adding an option to automatically disable aero when you launch the server and re-enable it when you close it.

Any possibilities to get this for regular android devices?

Honeycomb version for tablets work is going to start soon, I hope. No plans for a smaller phone version, yet.

Honeycomb version for tablets work is going to start soon, I hope. No plans for a smaller phone version, yet.

:drunk:

Awesome. :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Not really sure when it started, my PC has been out of commission for some time now, just getting everything back to being set up. With version 2.1 my fps is shocking. Like average of 2 fps. Considering I discovered the network quirk with you I did check that it possibly could be the issue and I don't run an aero desktop anyway. Really no idea what gives.

Ever had issues with SLI setups? Or maybe nVidia beta drivers?

"Never give in, never give in, never, never, never, never-in nothing" - Winston Churchill

Windows 7 64bit - AMD 1090T OC @ 4.02ghz NB @2.6ghz - MSI 990FXA-GD80 - 4x Geil Black Dragon 2GB 9-9-9-28 @ 1666mhz - 2x Geforce 580 GTX SLI OC @ Core 900Mhz Shaders 1800Mhz Memory 2100Mhz - Samsung 24" T240 @ 1900 x 1200 - 2 x Velicoraptor 150GB HDD - TM Warthog - Track IR 5 - Saitek Rudder Pedals - iPad & iPad2 running iControl DCS

Not really sure when it started, my PC has been out of commission for some time now, just getting everything back to being set up. With version 2.1 my fps is shocking. Like average of 2 fps. Considering I discovered the network quirk with you I did check that it possibly could be the issue and I don't run an aero desktop anyway. Really no idea what gives.

Ever had issues with SLI setups? Or maybe nVidia beta drivers?

Sounds odd. You're the first one to have a problem like this :(

I don't have an SLI, or even NVIDIA driven computer to try with. However, I'm sure there are plenty of other users that have one or both and no one else has had these problems.

I would suggest completely reinstalling the app on the iPad (delete it and re-download from the App Store). And possibly doing the same for the server application on your PC. Definitely make sure you're not running with debug mode enabled (Options dialog). That will cause significant performance issues.

Sounds odd. You're the first one to have a problem like this :(

I don't have an SLI, or even NVIDIA driven computer to try with. However, I'm sure there are plenty of other users that have one or both and no one else has had these problems.

I would suggest completely reinstalling the app on the iPad (delete it and re-download from the App Store). And possibly doing the same for the server application on your PC. Definitely make sure you're not running with debug mode enabled (Options dialog). That will cause significant performance issues.

I've done both, maybe there is something hanging around from previous debugging that we did... Will try everything I can think of again.

Okay, nothing I do helps at all... I get 30fps when DCS is not running as it starts I get 1fps. I give up :-(

Okay, nothing I do helps at all... I get 30fps when DCS is not running as it starts I get 1fps. I give up :-(

Ok, let's try with debug mode then! :)

Start the server in debug mode before A-10, go to the screen you're getting 1FPS on (while it's running at 30fps), start DCS, let it run for half a min or so, and send email me that output.

I'm not sure if I'm logging enough that it will be able to pinpoint where the problem is, but it might get us close.

We'll figure it out! :D

Okie dokie, here we go...

I formatted my PC completely today, latest drivers and nothing else but DCS A-10 and iControl Server plus whatever else is required for flying - TrackIR, Thrustmaster etc.

I still have the same problem. The debug log doesn't show much at all, says its sending data, my guess is that its not enough or something to that effect. My Network is in good shape there are only two devices on it and no conflicting networks around either so just the iPad on the Wifi and the PC on the ethernet same subnet etc.

I've attached a pic of something I've never seen before and am not sure if it could be the cause of the problem. There is a border of background activity in each MFD, its almost like the 300 size does not fill the area, if I change to different MFD sizes I have the same issue.

Also I now never get about 1 or 2 FPS on desktop or DCS unless I extend to a virtual monitor on VGA then I can get better fps.

The performance of switch presses is excellent, instantaneous actually. I am completely stumped.

Log.txt

IMG_0952.thumb.JPG.ee6c3a3a5a0eb73de2ac08aa55fc5b54.JPG

Okay all sorted for anyone how is having this issue, or anyone who will.

Firstly this is not a iControl issue! So check your hardware first...

The RealTek PCIe GBE Family of NICs has a buggy driver - version 7.43 caused me an issue on my motherboard (seen below) use version 7.46 from this site...

http://www.realtek.com.tw/DOWNLOADS/downloadsView.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=13&PFid=5&Level=5&Conn=4&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false

and you won't have any issues.

Thanks for the help boarder2!

Edited by Dodgeza

• 1 month later...

Looks awsome Boarder, I bought it when I first saw it but have only just got some time to try it.

Being a bit of a noob with these things I need some guidance. Server is running fine and connecting to the ipad. There it ends, nothing seems to function and no MFDs. I'm guessing there is some kind of configuration that I don't know about.

Any idiots guide to setup is appreciated.

Any idiots guide to setup is appreciated.

Have a look at http://bit-shift.com/icontroldcs/index.html#help

and http://bit-shift.com/icontroldcs/index.html#displayconfig

Make sure the install location for A-10 is set correctly and then update the scripts via the tools menu.

This looks like a great app to borrow my parents Ipad for. I was excited to see this idea, but was turned off completely by the astronomical price! Any idea when it might become more affordable, its pretty much the same price as the simulator it self. I guess its just me cause I can't afford my own IPAD, I have to borrow my folks. I was thinking about $15 would be affordable and fair for an app like this, since it doesn't do your dishes or mow the lawn for you... :cry: Anyone else have ideas on this?

Are there any plans for BlackShark Support?

Edited by thinkr

Modded CapLoz HeliosV2.1_1280x1024.zip

2x 1080p 22"Monitors, Saitek X52, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals, Trackir5, Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel Q9550 @3.8Ghz, EP45-UD3L, 8GB Ram, Nvidia 560Ti 2GB, 2x 500GB Velociraptor

Flaming Cliffs 3

DCS:A10C,KA-50, Huey, Mi-8, WWII Euro 40+ Supporter, Mig21

Falcon 4 BMS

IL-2 Sturmovik: 1946

Take on Helicopters

Arma 2 AO + PMC + BF All Addons Series

Arma 3

EECH & EEAH

Medivac & Search and Rescue 4 Series