Using simple radio online...? how...

kaboki

Just wanted to join the blueflag server, and learn howto use ""simple radio". Is there any guides out there on howto talk to GCI/ATC,, like in what to say and when to say it,,,? Do I announce when I start engines, taxi, and takeoff, and if so, how?

Specs:

Intel i7 3770k 3.5Ghz, Nvidia GTX980 4GB, 8gb RAM

Start by making the same calls you hear when you communicate with the tower in single player. If you join a virtual squadron, there'll either be documentation available specifying voice procedure, or they'll talk you through it.

I wouldn't be too worried about getting things mixed up at first, as long as you can let people know when you're joining the active runway, and as long as you listen out for other pilots announcing the same, you should be fine.

The key is to talk to the other guys, let them know you're just starting out on multiplayer servers, and you'll be made very welcome.

Thanks, would be nice though to have all the "calls" written down in a guide, so I can use as refference,,, does such a ATC/GCI/JTAC guide exist, or do I have to make my own?

Specs:

Intel i7 3770k 3.5Ghz, Nvidia GTX980 4GB, 8gb RAM

Only calls you should be making are your taxi and takeoff intentions. Calls to gci and others. Engine starting or going through everything that you are doing are non essential to everybody's situational awareness. Anything that doesn't involve another aircraft directly should be left out. Pm me for further information

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Know and use all the capabilities in your airplane. If you don't, sooner or later, some guy who does use them all will kick your ass.

— Dave 'Preacher' Pace, USN.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone

I just install simple radio, and from desktop did audio preview and seems to be working.

I haven't flown much in multiplayer but will be jumping in soon. My question is, is their a server using simple radio that I could join for testing and learning the radio without being a bother to the well others.

Thanks

Intel core I9 10900K 3.7 ghz

Asrock Z490 Extreme4

G-SKill Ripjaws V 32GB

Cooler Master 120m

GTX 980 Superclocked

Corsair AX850w psu

Samsung 1 T M.2 2 X 850 ssd's

Sony 48 in HD TV

Trackir 5

Hotas Warthog F/A-18C Hornet Grip

Logitech Pro Peddles