Would you like a custom skin? Advice please!

Jackdaws

Hi All,

I was wanting some advice on whether or not to charge a small fee to do custom skin work for people? Ive attached an simple example. This pilot skin is for the M2000C.

I can do other custom work like entire planes with your logo and name etc. You can see this in the last picture or for better pictures just follow the link to my skins and check the screen shots.

All installs are as simple as dragging and dropping a folder.

So prices would vary depending on the amount of work that had to be done. But i wouldn't want paying anything too crazy as I really enjoy doing this, it just takes time.

So if i was to change the pilot skin below to your custom logos/names etc.. I would ask for $30 Australian Dollars via Paypal. You would have to provide logos, unless they already exist on google etc.

I really have no Idea if its rude to ask for money or not?.. is this over pricing? under pricing? or even legal? Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thank you!!

9AtVVNV.jpg

5TCTBNN.jpg

FsfCEkN.jpg

tT2V48o.jpg

My Files.....

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I think this is a great idea. I don't see anything wrong with charging for your creative services. For people who don't have the time or talent to make their own skins this would be helpful.

Thanks.. i agree. Im still trying to post as many free skins as i can, but custom ones i will now start to charge a small fee. :D

• Like 1

My Files.....

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Seems fair to me. A good skin is a lot of work, even if you have the skills.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Three things:

1. Read EULA. With this, you would basically alter and resell someone's work.

2. Opinion: There are like 100 people making skins, mods and whatnot on this forum, which means there are like 100 people who will always do it cheaper or for free. Mostly for free.

3. Just a heads up, your link in the signature goes literally to MY files and everybody who clicks that will then see their files. Look in my sig how the url should look. You can set up a search filter for your username and then use the url it'll give you :)

Edited by GeorgeLKMT

Three things:

1. Read EULA. With this, you would basically alter and resell someone's work.

2. Opinion: There are like 100 people making skins, mods and whatnot on this forum, which means there are like 100 people who will always do it cheaper or for free. Mostly for free.

3. Just a heads up, your link in the signature goes literally to MY files and everybody who clicks that will then see their files. Look in my sig how the url should look. You can set up a search filter for your username and then use the url it'll give you :)

Yes, thanks for your info.

I will attempt to change my link and hopefully it will work better.

I also understand people will do work for free as I do this all the time.

I would never dream of asking for anything i upload to my user files, just custom work.

I'm sure if i was to read EULA it would prevent me altering existing files and getting paid for it. That totally makes sense. I guess sometimes when you get wrapped up in the community you tend to forget about these things and just want to make people happy.

Thanks again for your advice.

My Files.....

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Wow. I think you must ask ED if you may ask money from customers for such work. And i must say i started skinning. I find it awesome to do. :D

New system:I9-9900KS, Kingston 128 GB DDR4 3200Mhz, MSI RTX 4090, Corsair H150 Pro RGB, 2xSamsung 970 EVO 2Tb, 2xsamsung 970 EVO 1 TB, Scandisk m2 500 MB, 2 x Crucial 1 Tb, T16000M HOTAS, HP Reverb Professional 2, Corsair 750 Watt.

Old system:I7-4770K(OC 4.5Ghz), Kingston 24 GB DDR3 1600 Mhz,MSI RTX 2080(OC 2070 Mhz), 2 * 500 GB SSD, 3,5 TB HDD, 55' Samsung 3d tv, Trackir 5, Logitech HD Cam, T16000M HOTAS. All DCS modules, maps and campaigns:pilotfly:

• 2 weeks later...