DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone

Ciribob

Many thanks for your replay, Gizzy.

Yes, I'm aware of the two overlays. Let call the one that looks like an actual cockpit instrument the Radio Overlay and the other one the Text Box Overlay.

I don't use the Radio Overlay at all. After watching the video in the first post I see that this is the one that should turn displayed and undisplayed with my TMWH buttons. but it only ever gets displayed by the button on the 'General' page of the SRS. But I'm not concerned about that one.

I'm concerned with the Text Box Overlay, which I now know doesn't get displayed with TMWH buttons. To be honest, I don't want to and any more complexity to my configuration, so I'm going to abstain from remapping anything to attempt to get it to work with TMWH input. I'll just have to live what I have, and hope to remember to <LCtrl><LShift><Esc> when necessary ;)

Many thanks again :thumbup:

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

Only keyboard keys can be used for the native DCS overlay, it's a limitation of SRS not being a module. As Gizzy says, you can edit the config for that and change the keyboard keys, but it must be a keyboard shortcut as it's DCS controlled.

The interactive SRS window hotkey can be anything you like (it's SRS controlled)- and I tested that key combination and it worked without issue, not sure why it's not working for you!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

cant get rid of pop up when offline

Fixed with the l shift lctrl esc .

Im new to SRS and have an issue. When Im playing offline Im getting a SRS window always onscreen when Im in cockpit. Its not the toggleable channel screen . its a prompt saying Im not connected . Its a transparent dragable box. I cant get rid of it. iven when SRS isn't turned on. v bugging. Any ideas ?

Edited by silent one

Fixed with the l shift lctrl esc .

Im new to SRS and have an issue. When Im playing offline Im getting a SRS window always onscreen when Im in cockpit. Its not the toggleable channel screen . its a prompt saying Im not connected . Its a transparent dragable box. I cant get rid of it. iven when SRS isn't turned on. v bugging. Any ideas ?

The text-box is defined within DCS, so it appears when DCS is running. Use LCtrl-LShift-Esc to switch it off.

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

now that we have DCS dedicated server, we can run multiple instances of DCS servers on one box. Can we run multiple SRS servers on different ports, so we have one per DCS server instance?
Yes - just edit the server.cfg to configure the ports. It'll always use the one in the file and +1 on that

I.e set 5002 and it'll use 5002 and 5003

Are there plans to add 2 extra voice channels for the Hornet, now that we have MIDS in the game?
Not sure how best to handle it yet but possibly

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

I seem to be having a conflict between srs and the asus graphics card software, any ideas on how to fix it?

Faulting application name: SR-Server.exe, version: 1.5.8.0, time stamp: 0x5c54a774

Faulting module name: GTII-OSD64.dll, version: 2.0.3.2, time stamp: 0x5be93503

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x000000000003c386

Faulting process ID: 0xd08

Faulting application start time: 0x01d4d46847eecb83

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\DCS-SimpleRadio-Standalone\SR-Server.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\ASUS\GPU TweakII\GTII-OSD\x64\GTII-OSD64.dll

Report ID: 698dde0d-c4d4-4b69-b2a3-09b658c19cf9

Faulting package full name:

Faulting package-relative application ID:

I seem to be having a conflict between srs and the asus graphics card software, any ideas on how to fix it?

Faulting application name: SR-Server.exe, version: 1.5.8.0, time stamp: 0x5c54a774

Faulting module name: GTII-OSD64.dll, version: 2.0.3.2, time stamp: 0x5be93503

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x000000000003c386

Faulting process ID: 0xd08

Faulting application start time: 0x01d4d46847eecb83

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\DCS-SimpleRadio-Standalone\SR-Server.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\ASUS\GPU TweakII\GTII-OSD\x64\GTII-OSD64.dll

Report ID: 698dde0d-c4d4-4b69-b2a3-09b658c19cf9

Faulting package full name:

Faulting package-relative application ID:

Seen this before, the software tries to inject an FPS counter into .net programs, and then crashes them... You can try updating it as I thought they fixed this a while ago.

Otherwise unfortunately I can't work around it as it's another program trying to do silly things to SRS

Yes - just edit the server.cfg to configure the ports. It'll always use the one in the file and +1 on that

I.e set 5002 and it'll use 5002 and 5003Not sure how best to handle it yet but possibly

Can you elaborate a little on this please.

Using dedicated servers and the -w server1 and -w server2 I get 2 new folders in my Saved Games folder, one for each server.

Do i need multiple SRS installs?

How does the server know with folder to point to since the installer just asks for the general Saved Games folder and not the seperated server folders?

Which settings file are you saying to edit and where is that located?

VFA-25 Fist Of The Fleet

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Joint Task Force 1 | Discord

Gannon, the way i've done it (ciri can tell me if i'm wrong)

1. Main install of SRS and let it auto find the main DCS folder.

2. Copy the DCS scripts etc to the other servers.

3. Copy the SRS folder to a new folder, update server.cfg with the new port.

4. Update DCS Script for auto connect with ip/serveradd:port

5. Run DCS.

that being said Ciribob, could we possibly get the ability to point on load a instance to a new .cfg file save us having to have multiple copies?

i7 13700k, 64gb DDR5, Warthog HOTAS, HP Reverb G2 VR, win 11, RTX 3070

TGW Dedicated Server Admin, Australian PVE/PVP gameplay. (taskgroupwarrior.info/2020)

All I did was copy the dcs script folder toneah of your instance and then edit then auto connect located in the hooks folder to the IP that you want to use.

How this helps

Woodb

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Can we PLEAAASE, after all these years, have this thing as an official module or baked directly into vanilla DCS? I'd even pay for it to not have to mess around with updates, export scripts and all the things that come with it being a mod instead of an official module. Please, ED, make it happen. Pay the man.

| i9 12900K |  64GB DDR5-6000 | STRIX RTX 4090 OC | LG 38GN950 38" |

| Hanns-G HT225HPB | TIR 5 & Varjo Aero | Virpil Throttle & Stick | TM TPRs |

You don't stop playing because you grow old, you grow old because you stop playing.

Does the latest version support intercom between F-14 pilot & RIO?

Did for me, out of the box.

Either switch Hot Mic on (ICS panel, left side of the pit, at least for the pilot) so your buddy can hear you breathing and sneezing and cursing all the time :music_whistling: or map Mic Switch ICS in the F-14 control settings. :thumbup:

Hello

Firstly let me state that I usually have the setting "Radio switch works as push-to-talk" set to off. This is because if I just want to open the comm menu in game in flight (Hornet) to talk to the AWACS etc, I don't want to transmit over SRS so as not to get the on/off "click" myself and annoy other people with it.

In all other aircraft, take the F18 for example, once the mic switch has been pushed up to select radio one, that radio stays selected in SRS and then I can use a PTT switch set in SRS to transmit over SRS.

However, in the Tomcat, once the mic switch has been released, the radio is de-selected in SRS.

Is this something that can be changed in SRS so it is the same as all other aircraft, or is it the way the tomcat is programmed?

Thanks

Did for me, out of the box.

Either switch Hot Mic on (ICS panel, left side of the pit, at least for the pilot) so your buddy can hear you breathing and sneezing and cursing all the time :music_whistling: or map Mic Switch ICS in the F-14 control settings. :thumbup:

Voice activation for intercom would bei a nice feature

Lctrl+Lshift+esc

Wysłane z mojego SM-G960F przy użyciu Tapatalka

PC: i7 13700k, 64GB RAM 3200MHz DDR4, RTX 4090, VR: Quest 3.

VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Grip, VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle, crosswinds rudder pedals, VPC panel CP3, WinWing PTO2

In the F14 Tomcat, the SRS defined activation buttons do not work.

Instead the DCS defined mic switches do trigger SRS.

This is really a nuisance because they also show or hide the DCS communication menu.

All of this in the latest release - 1.5.7.0

Is there something I missed ?

Ciribob ? Is this how it is supposed to work ?

Zip - VEAF :pilotfly:

If you want to learn, talk and fly with french-speaking friends, the Virtual European Air Force is here for you ! Meet us on our Discord and our forum

If you're a mission creator, you may want to check the VEAF Mission Creation Tools (and its GitHub repository) a set of open-source scripts and tools that make creating a dynamic mission a breeze !

All of this in the latest release - 1.5.7.0

The latest release is 1.5.9.0 (this thread is lagging behind a bit, but you should get an upgrade notification on each program start).

Be sure to check out the F-14 "Special" tab in the game options, it holds some options specific to the SRS implementation.