DCS: P-47D-30 Discussion

Barrett_g

Yes, it has been a very long time, there were a number of unforeseen issues to get us here, I can only say I am sorry for the journey we have been on.

That said, it is almost here, yes we were hoping for Q1, it was only the best estimate, not a promise or carved into stone. Yes, we are taking some extra testing time. We did say we want it mostly completed for release (aside from unforeseen bugs). We are doing our best to make sure its a solid release.

I wish it was 5 or 6 years ago that we are at this point now, the trials and tribulations have been explained, from the Kickstarter to the Research issues, etc. So again, I am truly sorry it has taken so long, and I am sorry that we are now into Q2 and are still polishing, but we want people to be happy with this release, the length of time deserves a high-quality release, and that is what we are aiming for as well.

So it is still soon, sooner than the last soon, but not long at all now.

PS, you can change aircraft in your backer section, depending on the backer level and what you have received free already, if you wanted to change it for something that is already released (of the available Kickstarter planes), perhaps contact support to help you out.

Sir, as one of the Kickstarters . . . no apology for past or current issues getting this bird in the air.

I actually exchanged emails with Ilya in the beginning, and when he went dark, I just resigned myself to lost money.

I have led, and been a team member on large projects. I am EXTREMELY grateful that ED/TFC picked up the ashes on this, and carried it forward. I know how things can go sideways on complex projects that shift in scope, and ownership.

I for one, am very excited, and the time and duration to get where you are is meaningless to me. Just overjoyed she will be here soon.

I thank the team, and all they have done.

Pointy end hurt! Fire burn!!
JTF-191 25th Draggins - Hawg Main. Black Shark 2, A10C, A10CII, F-16, F/A-18, F-86, Mig-15, Mig-19, Mig-21, P-51, F-15, Su-27, Su-33, Mig-29, FW-190 Dora, Anton, BF 109, Mossie, Normandy, Caucasus, NTTR, Persian Gulf, Channel, Syria, Marianas, WWII Assets, CA. (WWII backer picked aircraft ME-262, P-47D).

• ED Team
Nine, I'm truly hoping that it is better than the IL-2, GB, P-47. That really performs terribly. The Thunderbolt had to be a better airplane than that!

I can not assure that our P-47 will fly as a Spitfire, but I can say that you will see its flight characteristics as close as we can make. Including all interesting things about its turbo.

Ніщо так сильно не ранить мозок, як уламки скла від розбитих рожевих окулярів

There is nothing so hurtful for the brain as splinters of broken rose-coloured spectacles.

Ничто так сильно не ранит мозг, как осколки стекла от разбитых розовых очков (С) Me

I can not assure that our P-47 will fly as a Spitfire, but I can say that you will see its flight characteristics as close as we can make. Including all interesting things about its turbo.

Music to my Ears Yo-Yo, will be so fun mastering the quirks of this JUG:thumbup:

Intel 8700k @5ghz, 32gb ram, 1080ti, Rift S

• ED Team
Will it have the fabled roll rate that we never see in any other "sims"? I always read about how fantastic the roll rate was when I read book like "Hellhawks" and such, but never see it in games.

You mean this one?

naca868-rollchart-jpg.396434

Ніщо так сильно не ранить мозок, як уламки скла від розбитих рожевих окулярів

There is nothing so hurtful for the brain as splinters of broken rose-coloured spectacles.

Ничто так сильно не ранит мозг, как осколки стекла от разбитых розовых очков (С) Me

Unless im reading it wrong, the Clipped Spit and 190 are top of the class?

At low speeds yes, but we have a sleeper plane here at high speeds P-51-B is a king :)

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor

Same as on BoX. With Warthog throttle: left throttle for turbo wastegate, right throttle for throttle/MP, INCR/DECR lever for prop/RPM, and red China Hat for mixture (which you don't change much).

Work fine.

Vulture

Fire all 8 guns, German Pilot exits the plane, "ich bin raus"

attachment.php?attachmentid=230947&stc=1&d=1585436542

Nice! Thanks for this sneak peak!

By the way, new damage model? Those impacts an puffs look much better :thumbup:

i7 12700KF | MSI Z690 A-PRO | Corsair Vengeance 2x16 gb @ 3200 Mhz | RTX 3070 Ti FE | Acer XB271HU 1440P 144HZ | Virpil T-50 CM throttle | Virpil WarBRD Base + MongoosT-50 CM2 Grip | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR 5 | HP Reverb G2

Bf 109 K-4 | Fw 190 A-8 | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | P-51D | Fw 190 D-9 | P-47D | Mosquito FB VI | F/A 18C | F-14 A/B | F-16C | MiG-15bis | MiG-21bis | M-2000C | A-10C | AJS-37 Viggen | UH-1H | Ka-50 | Mi-24P | C-101 | Flaming Cliffs 3

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Normandy | The Channel | Syria

P-47 ETA

Hi all I know the P-47 is a bit of a niche sell In DCS ATM but I was wondering if anyone has heard anything about the release date. Since COVID 19 is messing with the schedule it was originally to my understanding supposed to be released in Q1. Any word on the new release date

up 50 right 20 fire for effect run from north west to south east

You are not sitting on it until Wednesday may 6th are you?

P-47 first flight was May 6 1941

Just cause.. well.. dangit.. are we there yet?

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

Meanwhile at the ED testing facility.

image219.jpg

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

I just can't wait for this Big Beautiful Brute to become available. It is a high-and-fast boom and zoom king, patently NOT a turn fighter, but great in the vertical. BUT it will be THE supreme ground-attack warbird in DCS - 8X.50s, rockets, bombs - huge tough radial engine, and an airframe that can take a beating and just keep on flying. Woe to the opponent who gets caught by a burst from a P-47!

Watch this!