A wing (missing) and a prayer....

NineLine

I don't see any sources saying it was fake, it's only you that say it...

Please read this : http://www.migflug.com/jetflights/f-15-lands-with-one-wing.html

"When inquired by the Israeli Air Force, the manufacturer McDonnell Douglas (now Boeing) said that it was possible to fly the F-15 Eagle with one wing missing due to the lift from the fuselage and the force from the engine."

Here : http://www.uss-bennington.org/phz-nowing-f15.html

"McDonnell Douglas attributes the saving of this aircraft to the amount of lift generated by the engine intake/body"

AND from the very article you quoted : https://theaviationist.com/2014/09/15/f-15-lands-with-one-wing/

MD: "After the mishap, McDonnell Douglas, inquired by the Israeli Air Force, affirmed that it was impossible for an F-15 to land with one wing only,.."

"After the mishap, McDonnell Douglas, inquired by the Israeli Air Force, affirmed that it was impossible for an F-15 to with one wing only, but once they received the photo of the Eagle flying without one wing, they said that, pilot skills aside, damaged aircraft had been able to return to the base thanks to the lift generated by both its engine intakes and its fuselage."

The above is a bad move from you, you only quoted what was making your point, not what the article was saying... :noexpression:

Edited by myHelljumper

Helljumper - M2000C Guru

Helljumper's Youtube

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK3rTjezLUxPbWHvJJ3W2fA

Correction, something on the ground hit plane's wing - but well never know that for sure :huh:.

Read: https://theaviationist.com/2014/09/15/f-15-lands-with-one-wing/

Listen:

Quote from article: "As told by Easley, it was only after he turned back to shake his instructor’s hand, that Zivi discovered that he had flown and landed without a wing!"

Quote from video by pilot: "I told my wingmen to inspect me.."

Landing at 260 knots (~300mph, ~480kmh)?

https://www.quora.com/What-aircraft-has-the-highest-landing-speed

Blackbird has special ceramic coated (white) tires for its landing speed, X-15 skids..

Tires: https://www.goodyearaviation.com/tires/tire-line-details.html?search=all&sortorder=70

F-15 - 200 knots max landing speed..

“According to an early edition of 'the Guinness book of world records' the X15 also holds the record for fastest landing speed at 242 mph (~210knots) compared with 210 mph for the space shuttle.”

MD: "After the mishap, McDonnell Douglas, inquired by the Israeli Air Force, affirmed that it was impossible for an F-15 to land with one wing only,.."

Damage report by picture: Elevator and vertical fin are untouched even they (F15 & A4) hit each other belly to belly? Ripping would trow wing up and back as flight speed vs proximity collision speed gives advantage to flight speed vector meaning that ripped wing (if made by glass) would surely slam into vertical fin and even elevator.. but no damage there. Debris holes?

14.jpg

So.. get real guys, I know it sounds great but.. no way. :music_whistling:

:doh:

Blackbird tires are ceramic coated to deal with the heat generated by the airframe at Mach 3+ not because of its landing speed. Blackbird landing speed is comparable to that of concord which doesn't have ceramic coated tires.

I just told you that the F104 lands at 230 KNOTS for a flapless landing which is 265mph.

Yes he asked his wingman to inspect the damage but the wingman couldn't see any of the damage because of the smoke and fuel vapour coming from the damaged part of the aircraft. This was said in the exact video which you just used to try and prove that it was fake.

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

So how long would take fuel to exit tru wing root? Wingman didnt saw missing wing becouse fuel instantly transformed into wing shape? Sr71 flies mach3 with gear down? Its Gear bay temp is what? What about sr71 weight on touchdown compared to f104? ... Goodyear's f15 tyre LS limit is what?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is a video of me flying a wingless F-15. Me and my buddy were fighting one another and messing around online when he hit me with a missile and thought he killed me, but I lived. This is when I just started playing DCS so I did not even have trackir. So it was a high point at the time to land this thing.

We Know all , for the moment the f15C here is arcade.

Lot of other things are so weird for sure. Cross fingers ED improve this UNREALISTIC F15C poor FM

Edited by =THRUST=
  • Like 1

So how long would take fuel to exit tru wing root? Wingman didnt saw missing wing becouse fuel instantly transformed into wing shape? Sr71 flies mach3 with gear down? Its Gear bay temp is what? What about sr71 weight on touchdown compared to f104? ... Goodyear's f15 tyre LS limit is what?

Alright, I think I am are done here. I won't feed the troll anymore...

• Like 1

Helljumper - M2000C Guru

Helljumper's Youtube

What about sr71 weight on touchdown compared to f104? ...

What has wheight to do in this example? You do notice that the SR-71 has six mainwheels vs the F-104 two mainwheels.

e.g.

SR-71 (80000lbs) approach speed = 185kts, landing speed = 165kts.

F-104 (23000lbs) approach speed = 210kts, landing speed = 195kts. (no flaps 265kts/230kts)

i7-7700K 4.2GHz, 16GB, GTX 1070 

What weight has with friction on touchdown, right? 200kts vs 260kts is what safety margin factor as CF force is square multiplied by rpm increase meaning that force on tire is exponentialy increased by speed gain.

Again, did you count the number of wheels? You were talking about the difference between the SR-71 and the F-104, and the LCN is basically the same.

i7-7700K 4.2GHz, 16GB, GTX 1070 

It can have 20 wheels but if you spin them up that high it will blow up as force between 200 and 260kts is allmost 1.7-2 safety margin increase. If I would tell that story as pilot involved I would smile and express that event way more relaxed than that IAF pilot. He's lying man.

Two things to say to that:

1.: Anyone feel reminded of the infamous 'wheels on grass' thread yet? Just saying...

2.: Wasn't this thread supposed to be about collecting tracks to fix a bug? How did it turn into conspiracy central?

• Like 1

1.: Anyone feel reminded of the infamous 'wheels on grass' thread yet? Just saying...

I agree.

2.: Wasn't this thread supposed to be about collecting tracks to fix a bug? How did it turn into conspiracy central?

See here :

That IAF F-15 winless landing is fake.

Helljumper - M2000C Guru

Helljumper's Youtube

Well it could be that ED has modeled its F15 damage model in relation to IAF incident claims. It doesnt mean that but shurely it looks like based by F15 vids posted above. Conspiracy, nah, but lack of flight dynamics understanding and logic, for sure. Just to ad to this 'cospiracy theory': why didnt jet fuel ignite after pilot engaged afterburners in 'stabilization process' while fuel spraying all over the place? C'mon wise guys?

• Like 1

SiThSpAwN, I must apologize for this little thread interruption regarding wingless landing case explanation. I hope that I demystified that case enough but its up to each personal belief weather one will accept solid facts or not and there my story ends. Regarding this thread, I urge everyone to proceed with this topic if one has material for it. Regards.

H2JukDW.jpg

H2Jus7f.jpg

H2JuwYv.jpgH2JuwYv.jpg

Edited by jackmckay

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

@FlankerMan have seen you ask about the big pics a few times now not seen an answer for you so here it is :D

when you upload an image you click on your attached image so it opens the click again to get it in a new browser tab copy the url (rightclicking on the small image and using copy image address does the same thing) and paste it into the insert image button when creating a post that'll give the full size pics

you can then either keep or remove the attachments

Edited by Dingo_Bob

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Modules are like Pokemon you gotta catch 'em all :joystick::lol::pilotfly:

AMD Ryzen7 3700x, G-Skills 32Gb RAM @ 3200Mhz, MSI GTX1080Ti, TM Warthog (20cm extension by Sahaj), MFG Crosswind Pedals, Oculus Rift, Track Ir5