Suggestion for JF-17 Block II update.

J-20

Hi guys. I heard that Deka team is going to update this aircraft from block I to block II in the future. I would like to suggest that instead of upgrade the current plane into block II, let's have 2 separate planes instead. Just like the other team did with their F-5E and F-5E3 and the 2 P-51 variants we have. This way, we can simulate different scenarios.

Edited:

Here is one more idea.

RAZBAM made this MiG-19P module where you can decide to install SPO-2 RWR or not in the mission editor.

So how about do the same for JF-17's WP-13 engine? China had already made some JF-17 with that engine and demonstrated to Pakistan. It's just Pakistan hasn't purchased yet.

Also

Not only we get the block I and II, we also need to have the Chinese Variant.

I know some of you guys will be confused since JF-17 hasn't been accepted into the service of the Chinese military. Yes, true. But Chinese have some JF-17 as demonstrator. They use those aircraft to show the potential buyers how good JF-17 is. The Chinese variant has some advantage over the Pakistan version. For example: The Chinese JF-17 block II demonstrators have at least 3 advantages:

1: Helmet aiming sight for missiles.

2: WS-13 Engine

3: PL-8 and PL-9 missiles

Pakistan didn't purchase those due to budget constrains.

I think this will be good for Deka team if this is made, since it will be a good advertisement for JF-17.

Edited by J-20

I'm always one for more variants. So yeah if it wouldn't too much more additional work.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Here is one more idea.

RAZBAM made this MiG-19P module where you can decide to install SPO-2 RWR or not in the mission editor.

So how about do the same for JF-17's WS-13 engine? China had already made some JF-17 with that engine and demonstrated to Pakistan. It's just Pakistan hasn't purchased yet.

Edited by J-20

Air to air refueling is the biggest issue for me, as the jet really needs it for me to enjoy longer sorties. Deka could please everyone by simply making the refuel probe a checkable box in the editor or in special options.

I don't think the probe will be "in your face" while flying, however. I was worried about that with the mirage, and after flying it for years I hardly notice it... As far as in the face fuel probes go, it doesn't get more in ones face that the M2000!

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

I've never had a situation that I really need to do AAR in Caucasus nor in PG. Most of the missions on any servers I've played didnt actually need that as friendly airbases quite close and conflict region used not that big. Only few pilots would want to fly from Anapa to do CAP over Kutaisi then by the time you arrived you probably be dead or already fired almost all your missiles thus just need to land.

Regarding new block, let Deka finishes that first. I would hope they would not comment anything about this because anything they say about future dev could be used against them if anything happens not as expected (by fans).

JF-17 is already great module. They just need fixing and completing few things.

Mastering others is strength. Mastering yourself is true power. - Lao Tze

I would only ask for two versions if the jet has any changes to the cockpit.

So far Deka said that there will only be external modification and the AAR switches are already present in cockpit so there is no real reason for having two versions.

Good thing it is on the side and not on the nose like Mirage.

0rWGPzM.jpg

Gotta love the blind right side.

Current Hangar : A-10C II ¦ AJS-37 ¦ A/V-8B ¦ F-14A/B ¦ F/A-18C ¦ FC3 ¦ JF-17 ¦ Ka-50 III ¦ Mi-8 ¦ M2000-C ¦ SA342 ¦ UH-1H

Other Modules : Combined Arms ¦ Persian Gulf

TRAINED - LEARNING - LOW EXPERIENCE - ABANDONED

So far Deka said that there will only be external modification and the AAR switches are already present in cockpit so there is no real reason for having two versions.

The purpose of having 2 versions of plane is to simulate different era and different scenarios. Just like the 2 F-5E we are getting. They are 2 different plane released in different years to face different enemy. Cockpit shouldn't be a factor in this as they would want to have the cockpit remain the same so it is easy to convert pilots from the previous version to the current ones.

Can someone point me to the post that says we are getting 2 f5e s

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

It’s important to remember the IFR probe is designed to be removed just like Mirages. I heard that in the ADA they often have fewer refueling probes then Mirages and thus shuffle them around. We have to have to the option for or without AAR as it wouldn’t be realistic without. You can see the same plane photographed with and without their AAR at different times

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

The purpose of having 2 versions of plane is to simulate different era and different scenarios. Just like the 2 F-5E we are getting. They are 2 different plane released in different years to face different enemy. Cockpit shouldn't be a factor in this as they would want to have the cockpit remain the same so it is easy to convert pilots from the previous version to the current ones.
If you want just simulating 2 era it can be done already via mission editor like Blue Flag admins do. Restrict the missiles to suit the era you want to simulate.

Mastering others is strength. Mastering yourself is true power. - Lao Tze

Whats the purpose of having block I when you have block II. A simple upgrade to block II will be good.

What's the purpose of having MiG-15 and MiG-19, since we already have MiG-21? Why are we having R-60, AIM-9B and AIM-7F when we already hav R-60M, AIM-9M and AIM-7M?

More choices are already better. We can simulation the hanger management. For example: this team can only have so many particular version of aircraft and once you run out you run out. This would be particularly useful once the ED release dynamic campaign system.

Edited by J-20

What's the purpose of having MiG-15 and MiG-19, since we already have MiG-21? Why are we having R-60, AIM-9B and AIM-7F when we already hav R-60M, AIM-9M and AIM-7M?

More choices are already better. We can simulation the hanger management. For example: this team can only have so many particular version of aircraft and once you run out you run out. This would be particularly useful once the ED release dynamic campaign system.

But doesnt that mean that we will have to pay for entirely new aircraft. ?? That would be a bit unfair.

Just like the other team did with their F-5E and F-5E3.

Belsimtek only make a F-5E-3 "Agressor" version, and now, ED has not planned a "new" F-5E version. About Wags AMA interview, has only a graphic update, same of A-10C release and Ka-50 incoming.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4103453&postcount=68

Edited by Silver_Dragon

But doesnt that mean that we will have to pay for entirely new aircraft. ?? That would be a bit unfair.

Have you even been reading the posts? I specifically said like the F-5E and F-5E3 we have. That mean no.

They are updating the block I to block II. So all they need to do is to keep the old block I files, then we can have 2 versions of the plane.

In fact, they had done the same to P-51. If you check the game, there are 2 P-51 variants in the game.

Belsimtek only make a F-5E-3 "Agressor" version, and now, has not planned a "new" F-5E version. About Wags AMA interview, has only a graphic update, same of A-10C release and Ka-50 incoming.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4103453&postcount=68

Frankly, I don't own F-5E module. I only noticed there are 2 version of F-5 listed as flyable when I was making multiplayer missions for my friends.

Same goes for P-51. There are 2 variants for P-51. That I know for sure since I flied both of them.

Edited by J-20

I'd be happy either way, but more options is never a bad thing.

Heatblur are adding the F-14A as a variation, so no reason Deka couldn't do so as well (unless it's more of a task than we realise).

Win10 Pro | i7-9700K @5.0GHz | 2080 Super @2160MHz | 32GB DDR4 3600 | DCS on 1TB M.2 NVME | TM Warthog | MFG Crosswinds V2 | HP Reverb | Huion 640P | Jetpad FSE | PointCTRL

J-20 those two F-5 versions are the AI and the AI version of the flyable. Just like there is F/A-18 and F/A-18C Lot 20.

The best comparison would be the way you get multiple Gazelle models with one purchase, two C-101s, eventually we should have MiG-19P and MiG-19S.

I see no reason to throw away the oxygen and landing lights and this ignore simulating 2010-2015 and older models not yet upgraded.

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

Frankly, I don't own F-5E module. I only noticed there are 2 version of F-5 listed as flyable when I was making multiplayer missions for my friends.

Same goes for P-51. There are 2 variants for P-51. That I know for sure since I flied both of them.

I understand what you are saying. Better understanding would be how Heatblur are offering F-14A and F-14B within the same purchase.

After reading some of the points you guys made, I would have to agree, providing us with an option to use both block versions would be a welcome addition to an already amazing module.

Not every scenario would require AAR. Especially if the loadout already has fuel tanks. It is very necessary though for this jet because the internal fuel capacity is quite low.

Additionally, Since this jet was designed to be completely modular, it makes sense how we can have all the different setups between blocks because the original jet has very similar setup.

Current Hangar : A-10C II ¦ AJS-37 ¦ A/V-8B ¦ F-14A/B ¦ F/A-18C ¦ FC3 ¦ JF-17 ¦ Ka-50 III ¦ Mi-8 ¦ M2000-C ¦ SA342 ¦ UH-1H

Other Modules : Combined Arms ¦ Persian Gulf

TRAINED - LEARNING - LOW EXPERIENCE - ABANDONED

We have to, not every Block II has AAR wasn’t developed until 229(block II #29), and we don’t know if it’s like ADA where there are fewer AAR probes then planes that can use them, as the system is designed to be modular and allow taking the probe on and off

I understand what you are saying. Better understanding would be how Heatblur are offering F-14A and F-14B within the same purchase.

I heard there are quite the difference between the F-14A and F-14B. In fact there are more differences between F-14A and B then between JF-17b1 and b2. That's why I was suggesting to get a WS-13 engine upgrade as an option at the mission editor just like Razbam did to their SPO-2 upgrade for their MiG-19.

Not every scenario would require AAR. Especially if the loadout already has fuel tanks. It is very necessary though for this jet because the internal fuel capacity is quite low.

We have to, not every Block II has AAR wasn’t developed until 229(block II #29), and we don’t know if it’s like ADA where there are fewer AAR probes then planes that can use them, as the system is designed to be modular and allow taking the probe on and off

Maybe we can choose to have AAR the same way as the SPO-2 in the mission editor too. Alternatively, we can treat it as a pylon in the loadout.

Edited by J-20