Add women pilots

dali

While we're making changes, I'd like my pilot to be Scottish and bi-curious.

Devils Canyon i7 4790K @ 4.9GHz |16gb DDR3 | MSI GeForce GTX 1080Ti | Samsung 860 EVO

Thrustmaster Warthog | Virpil WarBRD | Virpil TM-50CM2 Grip | VKB-Sim T-Rudder Mk.IV | Acer X34A (21:9) | Oculus Rift S

A-10C | AJS-37 | AV-8B | C-101 | F/A-18C | F-14A/B | F-5E | KA-50 | L-39 | M-2000C | SA342 | Spitfire LF Mk IX | UH-1H

I mean I don't really care but to be honest isn't it kinda difficult to tell? From the outside you're body is just a uniform, a helmet, a visor covering the top half of your face and a mask covering the bottom would you be able to tell the difference? And in cockpit well... I imagine most players turn pilot body off as it gets in the way of switches but even if you do turn it on the only thing you can see your uniformed arms and legs at best, if you look in the mirror it's the same story with the helmet mask and visor... This kinda begs the question what changes would you make exactly?

Now female voice actors? Go right ahead, there's already some female ATC voices, and the radio thing isn't DCS' best feature so fine go for it.

Although this has to take the lowest of all priorities, there are a lot of things that should take priority.

Edited by Northstar98

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

also please option to remove uniform, no need to have ful clothes in planes like yak

and the cat

and microtransactions to buy special clothes and jewelry, like dressing barbie dolls or something

Edited by dovla

I wouldn't mind hearing and seeing more female voices and pilots, part of my group would like to be able to have their pilots sound more like they do, and honestly the excuses used constantly by people against are a bit of a joke.

We have US, British, Russian and many others all whom have had active combat pilots either since ww2 (Russia) or at least the late 80's and 90's ... of course while we are at it... change some of the voices so we are not talking to wags all the time hehe.

i7 13700k, 64gb DDR5, Warthog HOTAS, HP Reverb G2 VR, win 11, RTX 3070

TGW Dedicated Server Admin, Australian PVE/PVP gameplay. (taskgroupwarrior.info/2020)

I would rather have the development of much more things before they put anytime into this.

*Edit so no one takes it the wrong way I could care less if they added females Or not but would rather have the devs work on game features we need first.

Edited by A Hamburgler

it is interesting and sad at the same time, how much bigotry and sexism this drew...

I haven't seen bigotry or sexism displayed here. I have seen someone who thinks they are somehow morally superior to everyone else decide to take up a position on how a video game should be developed and be offended when not everyone thinks it is important.

Truly superior pilots are those that use their superior judgment to avoid those situations where they might have to use their superior skills.

If you ever find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

"If at first you don't succeed, Carrier Landings are not for you!"

@Demon , where are you when we need you ?

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

I'd like to think that the reason female pilots weren't available from the start was oversight rather than intent, and it would be nice to see that mistake fixed. There is every bit as much reason to do this as there is reason to have a pilot

body at all IMO.

Glad the kids come up with these jokes too, it's nice they can still contribute when they don't have anything meaningful to say.

Edited by Horns
Fixed editing

Modules: [A-10C] [AJS 37] [AV8B N/A] [F-5E] [F-14] [F/A-18C] [FC3] [Ka-50] [M-2000C] [Mig-21 bis] [NTTR] [PG] [SC]

Intel i7-12700F, Nvidia GTX 3080, MSI MPG Z690 Carbon WiFi, 32GB DDR4 @ 1600 MHz, SteelSeries Apex Pro, Razer Basilisk 3

VKB Gunfighter 3 w/ F-14 grip, Thrustmaster Warthog throttle, Thrustmaster MFD Cougars x2, MFG Crosswind,

DSD Flight Series button controller, XK-24, Oculus Rift (HM-A)

+1 yeeeeeeeeees Please

icon modules dcs small.png

My Liveries : Download Here       IIF Project : Click here       My Discord : Isaac#5625       Iranian DCS Community Discord Channel : Click Here
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
My Gear :

CPU: i5 7500 @ 3.8GHz | Mainboard: ASUS STRIX H270F Gaming | Ram: 32gig 2400 | GPU: ASUS DUAL GTX 1060 6G OC | Monitor: ASUS VG278HE 27" 144Hrz | Headtracker: Open Track + DIY Clips | HOTAS : T.16000M | Mouse & Keyboard: ROG IMPACT II & Cooler Master Devastator 3

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

WISH LIST Maps : Iraq and West of IRAN  | Vietnam 

Not another one of these threads. I don't mind the idea of female pilot voices at all, but I hate the idea that it's for the sake of satisfying someone else's politics rather than just immersion or nice to have options. Personally though if we're talking voice acting, I'd rather we get decent ATC first (male, female, both, I don't care).

With regards to the pilot bodies, it probably doesn't make much of a difference for the jets. For example, here is a photo of an A-10 pilot from an excellent article in TWZ from a while back:

rc-rcp_8942_0.jpg

However, the helicopter pilot models in DCS are a bit different. They have open-faced helmets without visors, and at least some of the models have facial hair. And for all of the choppers except the Ka-50, you have pilots sitting next to each other and thus visible in the cockpit. And you have to admit that it's a bit strange that we have a woman who flew a Blackhawk in combat sitting in the US Senate, but only male helicopter pilots in DCS. I think someone might have tried modding the heliopter pilot models to remove the facial hair a while back, I'd have to check.

I'd like to think that the reason female pilots weren't available from the start was oversight rather than intent, and it would be nice to see that mistake fixed. There is every bit as much reason to do this as there is reason to have a pilot

body at all IMO.

Glad the kids come up with these jokes too, it's nice they can still contribute when they don't have anything meaningful to say.

mistake?

its called money. maybe you've herd of it. What money do they make from having a female pilot in the game? They make 1 model, move on to the next thing.

Intel i9-9900K 32GB DDR4, RTX 2080tiftw3, Windows 10, 1tb 970 M2, TM Warthog, 4k 144hz HDR g-sync.