New Helmet Decal - how to

=DECOY=

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

decal issues

hi there,

im having some trouble getting logos onto the helmet. when i change the Lua as described on the first page, i get a smeared white/green effect on the sides of the helmet, and lose the detail on the oxygen mask as well as the reflection on the helmet visor. ive tried leaving the rest of the template clear, as well as trying it on the open beta and main game, but get the same results. if its not this then i get the 'no texture' digital camo on both the helmet and all of the visor. can anyone shed some light on this?

FYI. In reality USMC Harrier drivers ALWAYS wear camo helmets. It's for them to remember they are riflemen first and foremost. Harrier pilots actually train with ground units thus creating the synergy. A ground pounder can always look up and rely on their brother grunts in the sky.

That being said. I LOVE to see the helmets skins. Some are really bad A$$

• 2 weeks later...

Edit: Forget it. It seems asking for help with anything on this aircraft is like pulling teeth. Does anyone even fly this anymore? Judging by the Qty in the User Files section it doesn't seem like it. It has been out what - several years?

In any case it seems you just need to fix this stuff yourself - have changed the default helmet texture to camo, along with a bunch of other 'fixes' (readable warning lights/clean canopy etc).

Edited by VampireNZ

Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha| i7-6700K @ 4.60GHz | nVidia GTX 1080ti Strix OC 11GB @ 2075MHz| 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 CL14 |

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 SSD | Corsair Force LE 480GB SSD | Windows 10 64-Bit | TM Warthog with FSSB R3 Lighting Base | VKB Gunfighter Pro + MCG | TM MFD's | Oculus Rift S | Jetseat FSE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I have a selection of helmet logos on one template for PS only though, all you'd need to do as add your own logo with a new layer and uncheck the others, I add multiple ones as the positioning and size is correct for me. I can make the PSD available on my google drive if that would help anyone.

• 2 weeks later...
Edit: Forget it. It seems asking for help with anything on this aircraft is like pulling teeth. Does anyone even fly this anymore? Judging by the Qty in the User Files section it doesn't seem like it. It has been out what - several years?

In any case it seems you just need to fix this stuff yourself - have changed the default helmet texture to camo, along with a bunch of other 'fixes' (readable warning lights/clean canopy etc).

Oh, you can bet on it... it is in OpenBeta/early access for about a year now and currently Razbam adds features and updates very frequently. With bomb delivery modes added, Updates to the MFD pages, complex INS/GPS alignment procedures for land, carrier with and without SINS, etc. it is a blast to fly and do ground attack.

CCIP-to-AUTO conversion and proper altitude modes (RCIP, BCIP, GCIP) with target designation from INS waypoint, markpoints or DMT, starts establishing it as a fast and deadly alternative to the A-10C and other CAS/Strike aircraft.

I love this little bugger! :cheer3nc:

You may want to look at the last video from Redkite showing the new CCIP update:

• Like 1

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VIRPIL CM 50 Stick & Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Look!

A fake MARINE is planejacking a Harrier :helpsmilie:

He was a bit generalizing. In Combat they wear the camo to remind them, they are foremost Marines and aviators second.

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VIRPIL CM 50 Stick & Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

• 5 months later...

I'm having an issue after switching to the Intel texture plugin for converting to dds. My helmet decal is no longer transparent its always white and therefore covers the entire helmet white. Anyone able to help?

Its definitely something to do with my decal saving to dds as my older decals work fine.

I'm having an issue after switching to the Intel texture plugin for converting to dds. My helmet decal is no longer transparent its always white and therefore covers the entire helmet white. Anyone able to help?

Its definitely something to do with my decal saving to dds as my older decals work fine.

Be sure to save as DXT 5, not DXT 1.

Intel i5-8600k | EVGA RTX 3070 | Windows 10 | 32GB RAM @3600 MHz | 500 GB Samsung 850 SSD

• 2 months later...
Yes the camo will only be customised :)

This was an answer to "will the camo still be default" @@

Camo is not default on ANY skin, and I can't figure out exactly how to re-enable it. Every skin is the same white helmet with anchor and globe decal.

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2