2dof Motion Reality Chair with DCS

=DECOY=

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi

can you confirm where you got your seat from please?

cheers

Neal

Desktop PC:

Intel i7 14700K, MSI Z790 MAG Tomahawk MOBO, 64Gb RAM , GPU Nvidia RTX 3080ti

Windows 11, VPC joystick, Crosswind rudder peddles, HP Reverb G2, VPC Collective, DOF Reality H2, Gametrix seat, WinWing panels.

motion chair all good until the server u join blocks lua traffic? :/

impressive chair though.

if i had an extra room i would build one as well.

doesn't matter what server your on, it works based of 'your' flight outputs. pitch, roll and so on.

Wont stop working mate.

Water cooled i9-9900K | Maximus Code XI MB | RTX3090  | 64GB | HP Reverb G2 

I ordered the chair as recommended from the 2DOF Motion Simulator manufacturer however any chair with a frame mounting should work.

My chair is a JEGS (Jegs.com) model 555-70200K1 - $129.99 which includes shipping.

They have a less expensive one but I also wanted a cover/pad and a sliding bracket which is also recommended by 2 DOF.

Remember to tell the 2DOF rep that you want it for flight simulation, define your seat bolt pattern dimensions, Joystick, Rudder and Pedals type and whether or not you use VR and which headset. These are the questions they came back to me with.

The Hotas mounts cost approx $50 extra from 2 DOF.

Let me know if this is helpful.

Recieved word that my 2DOF sim is ready for shipment!!! Hope the wife doesn't kill me.

Ravens, you mentioned on page 3 "There is another set of instructions with better pictures, I will find that link as well"

Any luck finding these better instructions?

[sIGPIC] "GOONIE" [/sIGPIC]

"GOONIE"

CSG-1 VFA-25

Recieved word that my 2DOF sim is ready for shipment!!! Hope the wife doesn't kill me.

Ravens, you mentioned on page 3 "There is another set of instructions with better pictures, I will find that link as well"

Yer no prob. I will find the email they sent me and post in here when I get home ;)

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

And congrats on your order ;)

RAVENS,

Just received an email from 2DOF that my V2 has been shipped and also the 33 pages of the latest instructions.

Looking forward to finally getting the motion simulator and hope can get it set up and running

without too much difficulty. Will definitely need your help and guidance.

I fly mostly WWII planes and the F-86 Sabre.

Win 10, i7-7700K, 32 Gigs, GTX 1080Ti, 1Tb SSD, 4TB HDD, Oculus Rift CV1, Jet Seat, T/M Warthog with extension, Saitek Pedals

Edited by fiddlinjim

RAVENS,

Just received an email from 2DOF that my V2 has been shipped and also the 33 pages of the latest instructions.

Looking forward to finally getting the motion simulator and hope can get it set up and running

without too much difficulty. Will definitely need your help and guidance.

I fly mostly WWII planes and the F-86 Sabre.

Win 10, i7-7700K, 32 Gigs, GTX 1080Ti, 1Tb SSD, 4TB HDD, Oculus Rift CV1, Jet Seat, T/M Warthog with extension, Saitek Pedals

Congrats;)

I should have setup an affiliate program with them hahahaha

No really happy for you. And always willing to help

I'm thinking maybe one evening we can meet on our teamspeak to see if we can help anyone with this new setup.

Aswell as provide tips and ideas;)

Ravens,

I don't currently use TEAMSPEAK, so please enter info on how to set it up and connect with you.

fiddlinjim

Pm me on here.

In regards to the setup. If you follow the instructions you should be built and set up.

Then use my export.lua I mentioned a few posts back, if you need help just ask

I don't no get it.

In the DCS you roll left by moving stick to left.

The Chair detects your input and tilts chair to left....?

1) Based to your stick movements

2) Based to the aircraft attitude that DCS reports?

The VR system has cameras in corners, not connected to the chair.... ?

1) Does the VR know your HMD movement is not your caused but the chair and keeps your view steady in cockpit even when your chair tilts and so on your head moves in room?

2) The VR reacts to HMD movement and will roll your view inside a cockpit (related to aircraft, not to world) if chair tilts to left?

3) To keep your head in level inside cockpit, you need to tilt your HMD to right when chair tilts to right?

I could totally find understand the function when the VR sensors are mounted to the moving chair itself, so when chair tilts to left, sensors tilts left and your HMD movement because chair doesn't get affected as they are one assembly, unless you tilt head to right so it would tilt to right in DCS....

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

I don't no get it.

In the DCS you roll left by moving stick to left.

The Chair detects your input and tilts chair to left....?

1) Based to your stick movements

2) Based to the aircraft attitude that DCS reports?

The VR system has cameras in corners, not connected to the chair.... ?

1) Does the VR know your HMD movement is not your caused but the chair and keeps your view steady in cockpit even when your chair tilts and so on your head moves in room?

2) The VR reacts to HMD movement and will roll your view inside a cockpit (related to aircraft, not to world) if chair tilts to left?

3) To keep your head in level inside cockpit, you need to tilt your HMD to right when chair tilts to right?

I could totally find understand the function when the VR sensors are mounted to the moving chair itself, so when chair tilts to left, sensors tilts left and your HMD movement because chair doesn't get affected as they are one assembly, unless you tilt head to right so it would tilt to right in DCS....

This is a test with the cv1 on the chair to show the slight movement.

When a real pilot flies they will naturally rotate / tilt their head to keep with the horizon, and I honestly cannot see this slight movement as an issue.

Would the sensors be better on the chair (YES) but it's not an option for me as I use the rift for other things than dcs as stated in a previous post.

• 2 weeks later...
Hey Raven's did you purchase a simtools license, if so which one?

Also did you purchase the simtools plugin for DCS, or just create your own?

Hi The pro version comes with the chair. Also the plugin are sent by dofreality ;)

Ravens,

I received my 2DOF-V2 shipment and have it completely assembled, seat mounted and ready to start the software installation. The assembly portion went very smoothly and took about 2 days.

I haven't downloaded your export lua file yet but will be doing so as soon as I am finished with the DOF and Simtools software installation and testing.

Please clarify if your export lua is to implement DCS 2.1.1 Open Alpha.

I am confused as to exactly how to use it.

Thanks

Jim

Ravens,

I received my 2DOF-V2 shipment and have it completely assembled, seat mounted and ready to start the software installation. The assembly portion went very smoothly and took about 2 days.

I haven't downloaded your export lua file yet but will be doing so as soon as I am finished with the DOF and Simtools software installation and testing.

Please clarify if your export lua is to implement DCS 2.1.1 Open Alpha.

I am confused as to exactly how to use it.

Thanks

Jim

Congrats on the build Jim :)

Ok so you need to load simtools and follow the steps in the instructions, but i would recommend using the simtools settings i provided, ( at least these will serve as a starting point for you)

once you have done this you need to patch the game as per the instructions, once this is done you can then copy my lua, or edit your own.

I found the lua from a guy called steveh2112 on the xsim forum

HERE IS THE LINK https://www.xsimulator.net/community/threads/my-2dof-30-degrees-tilting-chair-mosim.9181/page-3

look for the post starting with "hi everybody, i've fixed all the jumping and jerking around problems at extreme pitch and roll (for DCS)"

you can use this and copy into your lua file ( thats what i did)

Now getting this to work in all versions of dcs:

all you have to do is copy the lua to each version of dcs. Thats all i had to do.

( no need to repatch or create new game profiles)

IF YOU NEED ANY HELP. IM ALWAYS ON TEAMSPEAK :)

• 2 weeks later...

Ravens, getting ready to place an order inspired by all your helpful postings. Any thoughts on your system now that you had it a while? Updated Pros / Cons?

I was planning to get the DOF REALITY P2 since I fly 6 hours a day / every day (retired). Is there less issues / slop with the bigger motors. Also love the chair you selected. Thinking of getting something similar...

https://www.amazon.com/ProCar-Scat-80-1606-61R-SPORTSMAN-Velour/dp/B002L1EQOW

Edited by lasvideo

Win 10 I7 6700K @ 4.0 GHZ. 16 gig memory GTX 1070 SSD

I ordered the chair as recommended from the 2DOF Motion Simulator manufacturer however any chair with a frame mounting should work.

My chair is a JEGS (Jegs.com) model 555-70200K1 - $129.99 which includes shipping.

They have a less expensive one but I also wanted a cover/pad and a sliding bracket which is also recommended by 2 DOF.

Remember to tell the 2DOF rep that you want it for flight simulation, define your seat bolt pattern dimensions, Joystick, Rudder and Pedals type and whether or not you use VR and which headset. These are the questions they came back to me with.

The Hotas mounts cost approx $50 extra from 2 DOF.

Let me know if this is helpful.

I am about to place my order for DOF Reality P2 system.

How do you like you seat? Is it comfortable on long flights? Did you use the rail sliders to provide DOF Reality with info on where to drill holes in the system? Do you use or need those racing seat belts ? Any other relevant info is appreciated. I want to get things right before I drop all that cash.

Edited by lasvideo

Win 10 I7 6700K @ 4.0 GHZ. 16 gig memory GTX 1070 SSD

Ravens, getting ready to place an order inspired by all your helpful postings. Any thoughts on your system now that you had it a while? Updated Pros / Cons?

I was planning to get the DOF REALITY P2 since I fly 6 hours a day / every day (retired). Is there less issues / slop with the bigger motors. Also love the chair you selected. Thinking of getting something similar...

https://www.amazon.com/ProCar-Scat-80-1606-61R-SPORTSMAN-Velour/dp/B002L1EQOW

Hey. Apologies for the late reply.

Yer I'm still rocking my chair. Nothing has gone wrong and still surprises me every time i use it ;)

The seat on mine is a made a rx7 seat....so comfy. I have the jetseat motors inside the chair (6 motors) which vibrate during flight and weapons release.

It's a great addition ;)

I am about to place my order for DOF Reality P2 system.

How do you like you seat? Is it comfortable on long flights? Did you use the rail sliders to provide DOF Reality with info on where to drill holes in the system? Any other relevant info is appreciated. I want to get things right before I drop all that cash.

Yer I gave them the hole dimension so they pre drilled them, I highly recommend this as it saves you time :)