DCS Server Control

• 1 month later...

Still no Remote or even Local Web GUI ????

Have I missed some News ??

RyZen5 3600x, MSI GamingX RX 5700xt, AX-370-K7, 16 Gig G-Skil 3200 :thumbup:, Antec 650w (Still),Win10 on 256G 870 NVMe, 860+850 Evo for Apps, 2x1TB WD HDs for :music_whistling:, TR5 :detective:, Hog stick:joystick:, 3x TM MFD Bezels. a 32" AOC, @ 2560x1440, no floppy & a crappy chair :pain:. Its hard to find a chair that accepts you as you grow.:pilotfly:

I'm using the Firefox browser for the Web gui and I have no problems at all. I even went back a build in the dedicated server and now can run it with clients running the DCS release/stable version.

486DX w/turbo button

so it's not working on chrome (even tho it used to) but it is working on firefox. weird

wonder when it will be sorted?

I'm not going to download firefox just to get this to work

You're kidding, right?

Asus Z790-PLUS D4, Corsair 1000X PS / Intel i9-13900KF @5.8Gz - Corsair H150i Liquid CPU cooler, 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 @3192mhz / 2TB M.2 NvMe Boot Drive (DCS World Beta installed here), 1TB M.2 Data drive, 1TB WD SATA drive, Zotac Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 Trinity 24GB - Nvidia 552.12 driver / 3 Samsung LC32G53TQWUXEN 32" 7680x1440 at 144Hz  / Win11 Pro Ver.  23H2 - Build 22631.3447 TIR 5, TM Warthog HOTAS\VirPil stick base, MFG V3 Crosswind Pedals, TM MFDs  on 2 8" Lilliputs/ Simgears ICP / Varjo Aero VR

Actually for me the WebGUI will work on some systems and not others. I have two PCs with DCS installed, and Firefox. Both identically configured as far as I can determine, yet on one I can fire up the dedicated server and the local WebGUI will connect just fine. On the other I fire up the dedicated server, but the local WebGUI claims "server not responding" and won't connect. Have not been able to figure out yet what is different between the two!

Unfortunately remote control via WebGui doesn't work on our server. It says, "Server not responding".

We are Virtual Pilots, a growing International Squad of pilots, we fly Allies in WWII and Red Force in Korea and Modern combat.

We are recruiting like minded people of all Nationalities and skill levels.

Visit our website:

VIRTUAL-PILOTS.COM

checked chrome, firefox, edge and internet explorer. no joy on any of them. as I said it used to work absolutely fine on chrome until the update that broke it, anybody else got any ideas?

I also tried removing the web folder in the install and repairing it to no luck as well

Edited by PSYKOnz

Tomcat, Tomcat über allen

Actually for me the WebGUI will work on some systems and not others. I have two PCs with DCS installed, and Firefox. Both identically configured as far as I can determine, yet on one I can fire up the dedicated server and the local WebGUI will connect just fine. On the other I fire up the dedicated server, but the local WebGUI claims "server not responding" and won't connect. Have not been able to figure out yet what is different between the two!

Same here. Wonder if something is using the port

Ryzen 5600X (stock), GBX570, 32Gb RAM, AMD 6900XT (reference), G2, WInwing Orion HOTAS, T-flight rudder

Well it's gotta be local but I don't think tacview has anything to do with it. My experience is, I just built a server on Win7 and local web control works fine. Set up a Win10 VPS and it doesn't work. In resource monitor I can see DCS.exe listening on port 8088 but the port is unavailable, and I haven't been able to figure out why. I have rules that open the port both ways (which I doubt matters) whitelisted DCS and even turned the firewall off and it's still fubar. I really hate windows. So, I guess the question is, whether netstat will tell me something resource monitor isn't, and if there's no conflict, how to open that port to localhost. I guess.

Edited by DeltaMike

Ryzen 5600X (stock), GBX570, 32Gb RAM, AMD 6900XT (reference), G2, WInwing Orion HOTAS, T-flight rudder

Our both dedi servers are running on Windows 10 Pro machine.

Opening WebGUI using firefox locally and remote with dcs-website didn't make any problems.

Windows Firewall is active and we allowed the dcs.exe for private and public access. We didn't used explicit ports in windows firewall. We use only Windows Defender and no 3rd party virus scanner.

Hope that information helps.

SYSTEM: Mainboard MSI MEG X570 | CPU Ryzen 7 5800X @ 4.5 GHz | RAM 64 GB @ 3200 MHz | GPU GIGABYTE RTX 4090 | 1 TB SSD | Win 10 x64

DEVICES: ASUS 27" LCD | TrackIR 5 | LukeClip | Quest 3 | PointCTRL | Virpil HOTAS | MFG Crosswind | TableMount MonsterTech

MODULES: To much to list. But I stopped buying more, because of too much bugs in e.g. A-10C(II). @ED: Fix the bugs and I spend money on modules again. Promised.

PROJECTS: OpenFlightSchool: DE / EN

I hear you. Same here. I can’t understand why some are having issues and others are not. :confused:

I wonder if it's because those who it works for had it working previously and something is missing now in later updates. Can anyone verify that a totally clean install of the dedicated server works for them? I tried installing it for the first time during the last update version, on a clean machine that's never had DCS on it, and it never worked, shows as running but the WebGUI won't connect. (And yes, its port is forwarded. I'm very familiar with running server software behind a NAT router.)

Edited by SMH

I think that too. Happened to me on a PC that never had DCS installed. With the dedicated server build and Windows 10. No way to make it work with any browser. And also it isn't a port forwarding issue. Not working local or remote. Something is wrong with latests builds. Too many people complaining to be something related to port stuff. At least the server is working and people can connect. But web console is somehow broken for some people.

It seems, for what I've read, that it's only affecting new installations as you say, and people that had it installed since or near the beginning aren't (no matter being full DCS or DS build). That's the only thing I see in common here. And to mention.. yes, the port appears opened on netstat, but it's not responding.

Edited by Robles

Same here. Wonder if something is using the port

Run on the command line:

netstat -a

That will show all your listening ports. Try it before launching the server to see if anything else is on 8088 and 3389.

Only after I start the dedicated server does 8088 start listening. The DCS site shows the server exists, but can't connect to the WebGUI.

3389 doesn't seem to be listening but I assume that's because I need the WebGUI to start the DCS side of the server.