BFVG Harrier Field Ops Mod

SUNTSAG

The BFVG are pleased to offer the DCS community its first Mod of 2018 for the AV-8B/Harrier. It contains field based elements and a working AM2 FARP replacement, to enable arming and refuelling at your remote locations. We have been working toward this for quite some time, so we hope you enjoy.

Cheers

SUNTSAG (Callsign: NAKED) Lua/Skins/GUI/Testing

Mithandra (Callsign: Specter) 3D Models/Textures

attachment.php?attachmentid=175742&stc=1&d=1515344847

HOW TO INSTALL THE MOD:

Download and then unzip/Extract the BFVG Harrier Field Ops Mod.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-iWkNJtbr6WeOfKCNTrQU8Q40rP6s_2t/view?usp=sharing

1. Once complete double click the folder named BFVG Harrier Field Ops Mod.

2. You will now see two folders and a zip file named:

a. BFVG AM2 FARP.

b. nBFVG Harrier Pack.

c. FIELDMODPACK.miz

3. Move the BFVG AM2 FARP folder to your JSGME/OvGME location and activate as normal.

4. Move the nBFVG Harrier Pack to your saved games folder under DCSVersion/Mods/tech.

5. Move the FIELDMODPACK.miz file to your Saved Games/DCSVersion/Missions folder.

6. Installation complete.

(Please note the AM2 FARP Mod replaces the current in game 4 slot FARP. To revert back to the standard 4 slot FARP simply deactivate the Mod in JSGME/OvGME).

* Our thanks and appreciation go to "voc" for giving us access to his ground crew models from his excellent mod for which we have provided new skins as part of this offering.

**We have included a 1.58 .miz file, which contains a "ROADSIDE HIDE" "COMPLETE FIELD BASED HIDE & RUNWAY" and a "ABANDONED RUNWAY HIDE" as examples of what is achievable with a little patience and time. GRIDS: ZR41 GG38 LM08 (KUTAISI)

***We have created this mod to work in both 1.58 and 2.2 and therefore we have encountered some issues with the lighting effects. We may have to look into these elements further when 2.5 arrives, we will have to wait and see.

2.5 UPDATE refers to the FARP ONLY element which takes advantage of the new Single FARP recently introduced. This is activated through JSGME/OvGME you will still need nBFVG Harrier Pack in your saved games folder. No update was required for this element.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1B7SHy--Z545brYBvLj6JG-Q1UbPadKJl?usp=sharing

Edited by SUNTSAG
Update for 2.5
  • Like 6

Callsign: NAKED

My YouTube Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Indeed, excellent work. thank you!

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

Looks great!

I'm having a problem though. Harriers placed on top of the mat explode immediately.

Hi johnv2pt0

I'm going to need a little more info to try and help you out.

Is the the problem in 2.2 or 1.58?

Are they exploding on a FARP of AM2 or a Single, X4, X14 or x28 length of AM2?

Can you either PM me or link the .miz file here and I will take a look for you.

Cheers.

My YouTube Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

A must for Harrier lovers.

Simply amazing boys, thanks a lot for this

Edited by Esac_mirmidon

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

The NTTR map mesh is hideous to try and place items on there are very few areas of the map mesh that are actually flat enough unfortunately. even the mesh where roads are is raised considerably its just finding a good location/locations through trial and error.

My YouTube Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi johnv2pt0

Cheers.

I believe this is a DCS feature with AI planes set to start from anywhere. Doesn't apply to player/client slots for which this is intended.

AAAaaaand Well done guys! Awesome work!

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

Hi johnv2pt0

Cheers.

Sorry, it's on 1.58 and on a FARP. Checked in MP as host as well. Thanks ~

FARP Mod test.miz

Edited by johnv2pt0

Sorry, it's on 1.58 and on a FARP. Checked in MP as host as well. Thanks ~

Hi johnv2pt0

I have attached your mission with a few minor changes and it works well now. The ground location where you had originally placed your FARPS was raised enough to make them float in the air. When you spawned in the Harrier, it was impacting the ground beneath and exploding.

I haven't moved them far from your initial placement so all is good. Thanks for your interest in our Mod and enjoy :thumbup:

• Like 1

My YouTube Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi johnv2pt0

I have attached your mission with a few minor changes and it works well now. The ground location where you had originally placed your FARPS was raised enough to make them float in the air. When you spawned in the Harrier, it was impacting the ground beneath and exploding.

I haven't moved them far from your initial placement so all is good. Thanks for your interest in our Mod and enjoy :thumbup:

Cool thx, good to know the placement might be a bit more sensitive than the traditional raised farp.

Thanks again for the mod and for taking the time to look at this. Very nicely done ~