A-10C Module and DCS: CA (and VR)

Twwhitey

So I came across a series of Youtube videos by Bunyap Sims (whose channel is a DCS goldmine BTW) where he was flying the A-10C in a mission that's included in DCS Combined Arms. (Mission is called "Company Day Advance on Kislovodsk" and the 1st video of the series is here:

)

I've read that DCS CA does NOT support VR but obviously the A-10C module does. As someone who flys exclusively in VR now (and I own the A-10C module) can I fly this mission in DCS CA in the A-10C in VR? or does NOTHING work in VR related to Combined Arms?

I have no interest in taking 1st person control of ground units knowing that VR isn't supported (well actually I have a little interest but understand it's broken) however the mission, and being able to direct units via the map, in his video look pretty cool so for $20 I'd buy it just for that and the other included missions... if, of course, I can fly the A-10C in VR.

It's a little confusing what works in VR and how plane modules interact with CA...

Any guidance out there?

Edited by Twwhitey
typo

i9-9900K @ 5.0GHz, ASUS ROG Z390 MAXIMUS XI HERO, ASUS GeForce RTX 2080Ti 11GB, 32GB DDR4 @ 3866MHZ, 1TB Intel 660P M.2 NVMe SSD, 1TB WD Black SN750 NVMe SSD, Oculus Rift S

You can control units through the f10 menu in VR. I do it all the time. You can even do some of the first person stuff in CA but the tracking is badly broken

Owned Modules: F-18, F-16, F-14, AV-8B, A-10c, Huey, Hip, KA-50, Gazelle, Mig 15, Mig 19, Mig 21, FC3, P-51, BF-109, C-101, L-39, F-5, YAK-52

PC Specs- 8700k at 5.1GHz on Asrock z370 Fata1ity k6, EVGA 1080ti SSC2, 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ, 1TB NVMe m.2 Drive for DCS with a 500gb NVMe M.2 boot drive, Oculus Rift S

You can control units through the f10 menu in VR. I do it all the time. You can even do some of the first person stuff in CA but the tracking is badly broken

Got it thank you - I’m going to give it a go

i9-9900K @ 5.0GHz, ASUS ROG Z390 MAXIMUS XI HERO, ASUS GeForce RTX 2080Ti 11GB, 32GB DDR4 @ 3866MHZ, 1TB Intel 660P M.2 NVMe SSD, 1TB WD Black SN750 NVMe SSD, Oculus Rift S