Razbam's Official Discord Channel

=DECOY=

Welcome to the Razbam Official Channel

Here you can talk with the Devs as well as like minded fans of our modules. You can also report Bugs and share cool pics.

Also this will become a great source of info on up and coming modules :)

https://discord.gg/T5xM8XT

Edited by =DECOY=

Water cooled i9-9900K | Maximus Code XI MB | RTX3090  | 64GB | HP Reverb G2 

All im saying is it opens them up to pointless abuse, Forums are bad enough.

Thanks for the concern

There are tight behavior guidelines but at the same time i know we'll nonsense comments, but comes with the job, grew tired of reading post abput people that say they know how we run this organization but are dead wrong, or presume (based on wrong knowledge) about developments, this converts into gossip and then into an alleged truth, while in reality is not.

Discord gives you a less formal channel (than a forum) to get in touch with any of us.

Thanks for the concern

There are tight behavior guidelines but at the same time i know we'll nonsense comments, but comes with the job, grew tired of reading post abput people that say they know how we run this organization but are dead wrong, or presume (based on wrong knowledge) about developments, this converts into gossip and then into an alleged truth, while in reality is not.

Discord gives you a less formal channel (than a forum) to get in touch with any of us.

Those you are referring to are a limited amount of obnoxious users. Most people here are -in different nuances- well aware of how difficult and complex can be your job.

If I may say so, the best medicine for nonsense is continue to improve transparency and communication with your playerbase.

Anyway, I think the discord channel is a great idea.

Thanks for the concern

Well get in touch is a relative thing, I posted some questions/concerns last night that were promptly ignored/blown off. Pretty much like on this forum. And if thats how you plan to run the Discord, its probably gonna do more harm than good IMO.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Well get in touch is a relative thing, I posted some questions/concerns last night that were promptly ignored/blown off. Pretty much like on this forum. And if thats how you plan to run the Discord, its probably gonna do more harm than good IMO.

Do they now work 24/7 lol

Invite link is broken now

Im not gonna say it.... :music_whistling:

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Do they now work 24/7 lol

Zeues blew me off in like 3 minutes of my first post. So he was certainly on at the time.

This discord is a smart idea in order to get more in touch with people in the DCS community. I know many groups in DCS that use Discord for their comms and having an open server where you can drop by and talk to the devs is good because it allows for more online/active user feedback and you can talk straight to the devs. (Word on word sentence I know)

Invite link is broken now

Same here ... too bad I thought it was a wonderful idea.

Zip - VEAF :pilotfly:

If you want to learn, talk and fly with french-speaking friends, the Virtual European Air Force is here for you ! Meet us on our Discord and our forum

If you're a mission creator, you may want to check the VEAF Mission Creation Tools (and its GitHub repository) a set of open-source scripts and tools that make creating a dynamic mission a breeze !

Yes but give them a break man.

I could but why? What is the purpose of having a Discord to "communicate" with your fan base if you don't actually communicate?

I could but why? What is the purpose of having a Discord to "communicate" with your fan base if you don't actually communicate?

They do communicate with their fanbase. I occasionally see them respond back to people's requests and feedback on their modules, both in-dev and released.

Always one who cant be happy with progress !

Water cooled i9-9900K | Maximus Code XI MB | RTX3090  | 64GB | HP Reverb G2 

Always one who cant be happy with progress !

No offense DECOY, I'm just not sure it is actually progress. From where I sit it seems to be one more shiny distraction of "looking like" something is happening. Most of the "interaction" on the discord was pretty trite from what I saw. But I guess now you can say you have a discord channel.

I compare this to another dev team, and when someone asks if a feature on the AWG9 is gonna be there or how its implemented or a link4 system, they usually get a decent answer, and in a fairly quick time frame. Thats a stark contrast to the ASL bug that has been an issue since mid last year, and likely long before then thats finally acknowledged and hopefully getting fixed. Or myeslf and others asking questions about things relating to the ARBS bombing system and related functionality working right, or whether or not things are implemented and hearing nothing back. I'm a pretty easy guy to keep happy, but I think there is a quote from "The outlaw Josey Wales" that increasingly applies to the Harrier development.

I think you guys have a perception and PR problem plain and simple IMO. Its not really helped by your lead coder's sig line implying that his customer base are idiots BTW. Just my two cents from someone looking from the outside in.

Edited by Harlikwin