TFC/ED Newsletter

MTFDarkEagle

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everything i ever wanted to be present in DCS is in the newsletter.

FAntastic work ED thank you again.

[sigpic][/sigpic]

MB MSI x570 Prestige Creation, RYzen 9 3900X, 32 Gb Ram 3333MHz, cooler Dark rock PRO 4, eVGA 1080Ti, 32 inch BenQ 32011pt, saitek X52Pro, HP Reverb, win 10 64bit

"The next DCS Jet[/b]

This DCS jet aircraft is still in its early stages and a lot can still change, even the aircraft itself. As such, we will not be announcing what aircraft this is until it is much further along."

So my guess is that they haven´t pretty much developed both products in parallel (p-51 and the next whatever Jet). Main focus seemed to lay on the Mustang, why ever they put it infront of the DCS Jet in the line of modules....That´s actually too bad, but considering that alle the other things are soon to be come or soon to be announced including aprox releaseinformation, we´ll have a good and intense time until the next Jet will se the light of day. Also not to forgive that FC3 will provide a huge bandwith of fun.

Work also moved forward on these two products and we have some very interesting and fun new features in work for both products. More on those later.

Thanks ED for the information. But I´ve to admit that a short Nevada update would also be a fine thing...hope it wont take too long anymore...

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

BlackSharkDen - Helicopter only

Specs:: ASrock Z790 Pro RS; Intel i5-13600K @5,1Ghz; 64GB DDR5 RAM; RTX 3080 @10GB; Corsair RMX Serie 750; 2x SSD 850 EVO 1x860 EVO 500GB 1x nvme M.2 970 EVO 1TB; 1x nvme M.2 980 Pro 2TB+ 3 TB HDD

Hardware: Oculus Rift S; HOTAS Warthog; Saitek Rudder Pedals, K-51 Collective

So my guess is that they haven´t pretty much developed both products in parallel

You are assuming that all work towards DCS Next-Jet can only ever be applied to one extremely specific aircraft. There might be things that need to be made first that could apply equally to multiple aircraft.

Possible candidate could be that whole new radar system engines need to be created or things like that. In this case, development on that could be ongoing even without knowing exactly which aircraft it'll be used for. And of course, that's not the only thing that might be required for any candidate aircaft within the "pointy-nose" category yet is not specific to a given model. Another guess could be that the AFM system needs serious upgrades and stuff to handle the transonic and supersonic regimes properly, in which case it might actually be extremely counterproductive to begin detailed FM development before this is done. (You don't build your kitchen before you've got the house foundations laid down, after all.)

NOTE, SINCE I KNOW SOME PEOPLE MIGHT OTHERWISE GET A BIT OVERENTHUSIASTIC: I don't know any of this for facts, this is just me guessing. No point trying to pick through it for clues about actual fact - as always, we are need-to-know only. :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Great news all of them! Goodies come slowly but all of that seems exactly what we need. It's nice to hear that new products are coming along but the best part is to create the base (core) for them and make the current modules work as they should.

Way to go ED! :thumbup:

@EtherealN,

basically you´re right. I only had the hope to see the next jet a bit earlier...More than 4 years ago, the very first DCS module came out. And that one we have got two times already + the hog. I am so much exited about the fast mover. That is actually and basically all I am sad about. ED will have their reasons to put the P-51 in front of everythings else, I cant see that point....but at the end, it is somethings to fly...and it´ll be somethings quite new to play with. Time will pass by faster once the announced things are finallyr released. And we dont have to check the forum eaxch day for any small update. That will definately shorten the timeframe until the real expected DCS Module comes out.

At the End, ED´s proceeding in all their steps are a great win for us. Although I don´t really like the FC series I nontheless think that it´ll fit great into the DCS world. As EB1 stated fun features are provided, whatever that means, i am exitetd and will definately buy that thing.

Addintionally to this, and that´s somethings I am thankfull to ED is

[...] I really want to see this core-based system.

right he is....:D

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

Specs:: ASrock Z790 Pro RS; Intel i5-13600K @5,1Ghz; 64GB DDR5 RAM; RTX 3080 @10GB; Corsair RMX Serie 750; 2x SSD 850 EVO 1x860 EVO 500GB 1x nvme M.2 970 EVO 1TB; 1x nvme M.2 980 Pro 2TB+ 3 TB HDD

Thank you Memphis, you spoke exactly what I was thinking. Even if one guy is working on the jet while everyone else is developing the Mustang, it's still being developed in parallel, right? ;) It's our fault that we assumed that equal emphasis was given to each model.

I was basing ED's next aircraft on the Gamingshogun's interview in March 2011. Now I understand how some things can change a bit, so I kind of nodded at the mention of the Mustang (announced in November) being tossed in the mix. Now suddenly there's multi-announcements (hype) concerning the Mustang & a year after the release of the A-10 we're still quite possibly years out from even seeing anything fast moving?

Yup, that's a good business model right there. Inform customers of the next product and deliver 2 new products before it. I guess it's just me & my lack of flexibility & understanding. Considering there are multiple groups/wings I'm personally aware of that have already stood up a squadron in (reasonable) anticipation for a jet based on the same information...but nevermind, that's their fault too. After all, no one forced them to do it/gave them any insight that it would be released soon.

But nah, if you want fighters that's what FC is for right? Wait, isn't that the game that was hacked that still isn't resolved after it was mentioned in January? :doh:

It's now to the point where we'll believe it when we see it. I really can't believe I'm saying this, but it's beginning to smell a lot like fighterops around here.

Your word? It means a whole lot of squat right about now.

-A happy customer

• ED Team

Maybe when ED said "working on in parallel" they ment in a parallel universe lol

great news about the core stuff, and looking forward to flying a new bird soon

thanks for the update :)

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

®

ToMoRrow :smilewink:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, MSI MEG X570 UNIFY (AM4, AMD X570, ATX), Noctua NH-DH14, EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti XC3 ULTRA, Seasonic Focus PX (850W), Kingston HyperX 240GB, Samsung 970 EVO Plus (1000GB, M.2 2280), 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo DDR4-3600 DIMM CL16, Cooler Master 932 HAF, Samsung Odyssey G5; 34", Win 10 X64 Pro, Track IR, TM Warthog, TM MFDs, Saitek Pro Flight Rudders

Too bad on the DCS jet, but at least now I know what to expect for hardware planning.

For the time being looking forward for FC3. :)

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

Yes it will.

On another note CA is fantastic fun :)

Nate

Oh man, really can't wait for CA. I think this module will have potential to totally revolutionise this game.

A sneak peak well deserved for all that hard work you testers do. :thumbup:

[url=http://www.aef-hq.com.au/aef4/forumdisplay.php?262-Digital-Combat-Simulator][SIGPIC]http://img856.imageshack.us/img856/2500/a10161sqnsignitureedite.png[/SIGPIC][/url]

Newsletter sounds bad...

I thought the production of the new fixed wing was parralel to the P51 guess we were wrongly informed....

From the newsletter http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=86848

The next DCS Jet

This DCS jet aircraft is still in its early stages and a lot can still change, even the aircraft itself. As such, we will not be announcing what aircraft this is until it is much further along.

Now im sure...

As a big fan of your products im hugly diasspointed that you gave the P51 priority. Big let down for me :(

In the future please consider making official polls to see what customers really want thank you.

Edited by Milene

Flanker, Flanker 2.0, Flanker 2.5, Lockon, FC1, FC2,FC3, BS1, BS2, A10C, CA and World

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I thought the production of the new fixed wing was parralel to the P51 guess we were wrongly informed....

Incorrect.

A question for you: Does the making of a Hot-Dog take the same time as a Chocolate Cake?

Answer:

No, of course not.

I can make them both at the same time. I will however be finished with the Hot-Dog looooong before I finish the Chocolate Cake.

Same principle finds applicability in this instance.

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

If I want to buy a Hot-Dog, I do not go to a bakery. :p ;)

Quite so. But then again, I know that you know exactly what I meant by the illustration.

A helluva lot more goes into a modern aircraft than a WWII aircraft. As a consequence it is obvious (or should be) that, whilst development has been and is continuing in parallel, the one will always take longer than the other insofar as the developmental cycle is concerned :)

Edited by 159th_Viper

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Incorrect.

A question for you: Does the making of a Hot-Dog take the same time as a Chocolate Cake?

Answer:

No, of course not.

I can make them both at the same time. I will however be finished with the Hot-Dog looooong before I finish the Chocolate Cake.

Same principle finds applicability in this instance.

I like your analogy :D

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

Maybe you would,if the bakery is the only place in town making hot dogs ;)

Hm afaik there are already some hot dog producers. But i am not the fan of this hot dog era stuff. :D

But then again, I know that you know exactly what I meant by the illustration ;)

yes maybe (what does not mean I am convinced of your illustration(s) ;))

I like your analogy :D

Aye - cannot go wrong with the two main food-groups :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

This time, i wont pay for FC3 as i pay from FC1 to FC2 to move planes into DCS World.

Same movement no more.

------------

Hot dogs? there are other partys with Hot Dogs and very good (A2A, IL2, COD) why making hot dogs when 99% wants cakes!!! cakes are top sell for sure!!

Anyway, DCS Jet for 2.014 minimum, wait in a chair guys...

Early stages after years, LOL...

Greetinsg

Thanks to Cindy Howard! She found the ultimate answer for "our problem".

FamilyFun reader Cindy Howard of Enterprise, Alabama, was inspired to cook up this creative cake after seeing a similar one in a women's magazine. She served it to her kids with gumdrop relish and fries on the side.

hot-dog-and-fries-cake-recipe-photo-260-FF0499CAKEA04.jpg

Here is the receipt:

http://familyfun.go.com/recipes/hot-dog-and-fries-cake-686093/

This time, i wont pay for FC3 as i pay from FC1 to FC2 to move planes into DCS World.

Same movement no more.

------------

Hot dogs? there are other partys with Hot Dogs and very good (A2A, IL2, COD) why making hot dogs when 99% wants cakes!!! cakes are top sell for sure!!

Anyway, DCS Jet for 2.014 minimum, wait in a chair guys...

Early stages after years, LOL...

Greetinsg

it´s a bit disappointing and annoying. But honestly. ED needs to find it´s way in the whole development process.

We do not have to forget where DCS actually comes from. DCS has never been planed as a certain product. DCS is a result of the ongoing development process of the former and never released FC 1.2 KA-50 Black Shark Addon. From that point, ED had ideas what to do to improve the game and expirience in whole.

Personally I am one of an impatient person and would like to have the next DCS Jet, FC3, CA and what not rather tomorrow than in 2 years. But it is time what we need to let passing by, ED needs to find it´s way to take their products in a certain order. At the time they do what they think they have to do.

we all should be patient and awaiting the days once the core based and modular system has been realized, once the engine has reached it´s final level. We will have a blast of simulation then.

Our problem is that we´re too close...way to close to the dev team...we´re sitting here in the forums and try to get every piece of information they spread out...unfortunately its less than we would like to have...but that is pretty normal in Software developing....things needs time...

I will purchase all upcoming products, whether I like them or not. Just to make sure that ED will still keep develope those things even when I am an old and grey man.

Thats the best we can do. let them work and be happy with the things you have...

believe me, it´s hard for me to say this and more harder to do so, but it´s really the best we can do.

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

we all should be patient and awaiting the days once the core based and modular system has been realized, once the engine has reached it´s final level. We will have a blast of simulation then.

I'm not sure you understand the concept correctly. Why would there ever be a "final level" of the engine? Me, i'd like to see it updated continuously.

As on the rest of your post, i agree. I think what many people tend to forget is that a fast fighter requires a lot of groundwork to be laid out that simply is not there yet. There's the whole radar stuff, then there's the new missile flight models that need to be developed, etc. So there is a lot of stuff that needs to be done "under the hood" before a fast fighter jet is possible. Maybe the current line of announced work is EDs way to be able to cram all that out for the next big module and at the same time not make this fiscal year a total disaster.

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!