Kneeboard Builder (windows app)

AlaskanGrizzly

I am still not getting the icon in the taskbar with the old stable version. What logs do you want and how do I get them?

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

In v 1.8.0.1 & 2, I also do not have the Systray icon. I do have the Taskbar icon. I have run both versions .1 and .2 with and without Admin.

My old version 1.7.0.5 works fine except for the F-14 kneeboards. It has the Systray icon and does not close the app when minimized. When minimized, the SysTray icon is still there and works fine.

I have looked in my Event Viewer and there is no info on a crash for KBB or anything at the time it is started to when it is minimized. Very strange..

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

- ҉ - Blackshark Cockpit Trainer - ҉ -    Thread   | Download

In v 1.8.0.1 & 2, I also do not have the Systray icon. I do have the Taskbar icon. I have run both versions .1 and .2 with and without Admin.

My old version 1.7.0.5 works fine except for the F-14 kneeboards. It has the Systray icon and does not close the app when minimized. When minimized, the SysTray icon is still there and works fine.

I have looked in my Event Viewer and there is no info on a crash for KBB or anything at the time it is started to when it is minimized. Very strange..

I have been able to recreate the problem on my end. I am working on a fix.

Please try replacing your 'KneeboardBuilder.exe' with this one and see if it makes a difference:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AuUSzvHgl6XJlKkElGuX5ScioPUbAw?e=qkW26l

Let me know how it works out. Thanks!

Please try replacing your 'KneeboardBuilder.exe' with this one and see if it makes a difference:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AuUSzvHgl6XJlKkElGuX5ScioPUbAw?e=qkW26l

Let me know how it works out. Thanks!

That fixed the icon! And now when I minimize I can still use the Systray icon to Restore.

Thanks!

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

- ҉ - Blackshark Cockpit Trainer - ҉ -    Thread   | Download

Problem solved. Thanks.

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

I've asked this before. Is there a way to tell how many pages of maps DCS has inserted into the kneeboard for a particular mission, without counting them manually? I'd like to capture the number to a variable or file and pass it on to VA.

Each A10C mission inserts between 5 to 8 pages of maps.

How does this kneeboard builder decide how many pages of maps to insert? why sometimes 5, 7, or 8 etc? If we know the logic then maybe we can foretell the number. Or can the number to insert be fixed?

Each waypoint will have a map section, or several actually, at different scales IIRC.

If your flight path between waypoints is long enough, map sections between those waypoints will be excluded.

There is no way to tell how many map sections will be included in the kneeboard. If several waypoints fit onto one map section, that would be just one section. If they are far enough apart, one per waypoint will be included. There's no way to see beforehand; at least no way of which I know.

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

Degree sign

Hi,

Thanks for the nice software.

You might want to use the degree sign in the Weather data?

Keep up the good work! Thanks!

Character °

Character name DEGREE SIGN

Hex code point 00B0

Decimal code point 176

Hex UTF-8 bytes C2 B0

Sometimes I Amaze even Myself!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm suddenly getting an error box when selecting my kneeboard profile that says "valaue cannot be null. parameter name: path". Any thought on the cause? I've double checked the paths to my saved games and install folders and recreated the profile and no change.

Two error:

1)

When I import a pdf file with form text boxes, the program leave it empty after import. The fields have content.

The previous version did it well. Please let the older version download, not only the 1.7 but the 1.8 series.

2) I try to process 3 pdf in one turn. add all 3 pdf, set the airplane etc and hit import. It crash.

ghostscript error, do not find the temp file. If I import one by one, it can import ... but see error 1 :(

So this version is worst than the one before. PLEASE, PLEASE let the old version download!!!!

• 2 weeks later...
anyone having issues importing a pdf and it coming out in machine language. The PDF looks ok but it imports in Chinese or machine code.

Attached is the PDF Im trying to create.

and how it comes out.

I have seen that, I switched to image captures. I could never this app to work well.

AMD RYZEN 7 2700 / 32GB / RTX2070 / 500GB M.2 with Windows and DCS / 2 - 500GB SSD / Rift S/ TM Warthog with F18 stick and Virpil WarBRD / Foxx Mounts/ MFG Crosswind rudders + 3 MFD's | Now enjoying VR with PointCTRL controllers + Gamematrix JetSeat

Anyone try this in VR yet ? Wondering on how say the text is displayed if it's legible or hard to read? I am interesting in using for things like manuals or guides that are in PDF.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|