=BURNING SKIES= WWII Server

eekz

Statistics! WOW :thumbup:

PS: IMHO 'Kill/Death ratio' is more common phrase for 'ratio of Air Wins to Lost Planes'. Or I will rather call it 'Wins/Loses' instead of just 'K/L' to make it more clear to users.

I am just suggesting, feel free to do it your way :)

W/L is great idea. Will do so!

Куплю B-17, можно B-24. B-29 не предлагать!

Burning Skies

=Burning Skies= @ Facebook

Hello pilots!

We've improved statistics score system. From now on, the amount of points for killing ground units will correspond to the values set in DCS World for those units. For air win you'll be getting 50 point as previously. If there will be additional changes to score system we'll let you know. Stay tuned!

Also, we keep working on the statistics system for Burning Skies WWII Server. All major bugs and issues are fixed now. Nevertheless we keep an eye on the system and will address all the issues.

See you @ =Burning Skies=!

Edited by eekz

Burning Skies

Hi all!

I'm glad to announce that in a day or two we'll be launching Air Superiority mission on Burning Skies WWII Server. The objective is to achive air superiority on the battlefield. The side which will collect set amount of points first - wins. Current ground targets will be there too, but they will be side objectives which will add to your score pool if completed.

While I add last finishing touces to the mission, you may get acquinted with briefing pictures, illustrating the air superiority mechanics.

See you at Burning Skies!

neutral.thumb.jpg.ccd4804fef34cff319fee4a1f91e71ce.jpg

red.thumb.jpg.871319b528eadf4145fd31c8e1f853d8.jpg

blue.thumb.jpg.259ff33f844f95371e199fa3ac5f1012.jpg

contested.thumb.jpg.f3215dce97c8d111e5b64bb3b853e123.jpg

Burning Skies

Great stuff eekz!

Only 1 remark, looks like the zone is a little too big.

With the visual issues in DCS this can leave the zone in Contested status for a long time.

Maybe you are right! However, I'll make neccesary ajusments if needed, hoping to launch it today and then we'll see :)

Burning Skies

Due to many statistics algorithm fixes and new mission format I decided to wipe stats for all pilots. However, here is a screenshot of first 25 pilots progress from approximately stats launch day till the current moment!

stats_eng.thumb.jpg.a1fed75bac2b54970f6ea56f69cd79b3.jpg

Edited by eekz

Burning Skies

Hello!

We added Favorite plane (Любимый ЛА) to statistics page.

It shows the plane type that a pilot has selected most frequently, so choose carefully!

Stats page is on the following link, as always:

http://burningskies-stats.16mb.com/

12316102_953188804753869_7127609373690581496_n.jpg?oh=b630d19675bcebc5b7a60cc18c1f0211&oe=56D9D6E5

:)

Burning Skies

ANNOUNCEMENT!

Since in 1.5.2 Improved spotting (Enlarged models) feature does not work as it intended:

at Small settings it almost has no effect,

at Medium setting contacts tend to disappear and reappear depending on distance and enemy aircraft angle

at Large the are too big and rendered at up to ~50km and also disappear at some range

I decided to enable Labels at Burning Skies server.

As soon as Model Enlargement is fixed and tuned correctly by ED - labels will be disabled.

You can enable labels by pressing SHIFT+F10

Edited by eekz

Burning Skies

I would like to but as far as I know server cant force label settings to clients so it has no point at the moment.

As labels are not realistic and I want to keep BS more of realistic server, I'll keep labels and sprites off till the moment when we can enforce label settings to clients or sprites will work good and will look realistic.

I hope for more feedback to ED from DCS WWII community on spotting in the game.

Burning Skies

After many testing I've set Model Enlargement to option "small" on a server. This option has not bad effects like disappearing or rendering contacts at unrealistic distances, aslo it might be slightly better than default visibility.

IMO optimal solution till next patch.

Also, added some additional supply columns.

Have fun:)

Burning Skies

New WWII COMBAT mission is live on Burning Skies server.

Main objective is to destroy enemy artillery groups which are close to each other to make battles more intensive! Pictures here:

https://www.facebook.com/burningskieswwii

and in mission briefing

Burning Skies

After many testing I've set Model Enlargement to option "small" on a server. This option has not bad effects like disappearing or rendering contacts at unrealistic distances, aslo it might be slightly better than default visibility.

IMO optimal solution till next patch.

Also, added some additional supply columns.

Have fun:)

I think small is not a good choice. First of all it's not realistic. IRL it's easier to spot planes, then enlargement set to small. It's also easier in other WW2 sims (1946, BoS, CloD).

Second of all, you can't find anybody. I was on the server with 8 other people, divided in 4 and 5, and all i could see was airfield vulching. Players fly around, look for enemies, don't see anything, get frustrated, and then hover to the enemy airfield, to shoot down planes on the ground, and eventually gotten shot down by Flak. Gameplay wise that makes no sense at all.

I'd really try to get some decent dogfights in DCS, but currently that's just not possible.

Setting it to normal would not hurt anybody. In fact, it would definitely enhance gameplay, and spotting there is not overdone like when it's set to large.

Please consider. In the current state it makes no sense to hop on your server, when one is looking for some dogfights. I'll gladly come back with different visibility settings..

Cheers

Hi all!

First news in this year.

Burning Skies server got new stats page:

http://s1.fossil.by/

Also, holiday is over, so labels were disabled on the server.

We have Improved visibility option set to "SMALL".

Stats were wiped so it's a nice chance to start it all over again :)

Have fun and stay tuned for more news to come!

Best pilots of the previous season can be seen here: http://bs-stats.fossil.by

Burning Skies

Hello. I was at your server yesterday. I have noticed that you are not using any model enlargement. I was a witness of the server going empty while there were around 12 people when I joined.

It seemed that most people had problems to find each other and switched to ACG.

I would recommend large models. I was myself looking for a target for around 30min and only foundhim by knowing that destroyed a ground unit.

B&Z with current LOD is impoossible.

Mission itself was OK. Just spotting hurt :(

Edited by Solty

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]In 21st century there is only war and ponies.

My experience: Jane's attack squadron, IL2 for couple of years, War Thunder and DCS.

My channel:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyAXX9rAX_Sqdc0IKJuv6dA