TM TWCS - How can i disable TFRP rudder pedal PORT input without TARGET script?

Hey guys,

this is not a direct DCS problem but since some here have that throttle and TM seems not to have a proper product forum, maybe someone has an idea.

So i have an analog axis input problem that stems from the TWCS port connector for the compatible TM TFRP rudder pedals. If you don't have those installed, the TWCS driver still registers a 50% input for the TFRP rudder axis. No problem for DCS, but other games like Arma 3 and HITMAN 2016 for instance register this constant input. HITMAN 2016 outright refuses to work properly with mouse and keyboard and thinks i've got an Xbox controller plugged in. Arma 3 on the otherhand adds the TFRP rudder axis input to each keybind i want to remap. It doesn't have such a nice dedicated modifier list like DCS.

So once i finally tracked this input signal problem down to that TWCS port or better the false rudder pedal input signal, i set up a TARGET profile for the TWCS which does not contain the rudder pedal axes at all. Yep, that sufficiently solves my issue. But i kinda don't like having a TARGET profile running at all. I would have to spend a good deal of time remapping everything. Is there any other way i might be able to disable this TFRP rudder pedal input signal without TARGET?

Edited by sc_neo

Arma3 allows you to disable on a controller by controller basis, so you can disable the TWCS, do keybinds, re-enable. An awkward work-around, not a solution - I have hit the same thing previously.

Potential Solution:

Download DIView - http://ftp.vkb-sim.pro/Programms/

If you right click on an axis, would can set axis values. In "calibration" set min/centre/max to zero.

That may stop the games detecting a concurrent input with keybinds since the axis will always report "zero".

Yep, have been disabling all controllers in arma 3 when rebinding. Still cumbersome to do it everytime. Thx for the tip with DIView. I was hoping to forgo an extra program...then i might rather go with the TARGET script. Andyway to give the virutal thrustmaster device a TARGET script presents to windows the same name as the default 'Thrustmaster TWCS', so i don't need to rebind hundreds of keys?

Btw, i contected Thrustmaster support explaining in detail what is going on and they said they relayed the info to the driver/firmware engineers and that it would be considered whether this makes it into a new firmware some day. Fingers crossed!

Thanks man, that was a golden tip! I thought i had to run IDView constantly in the background and thus it would be kinda of a substitue for the TARGET script. I didn't know that it only altered the devices win registry values. After some fiddling around, it works like charm now!

So in the end, it was not that TFRP slider 1 (the main steering axis), but the two toebrakes are interpreted at 100% all the time according to DIVIEW. The TM game controller displays them at a zero value though. The trick that did it was to max both axes out with min,centre,max set to its maximum of 1023 in DIView. Counterintuitive i think, but that is what it takes to have them report 50% like all the other axes in neutral. Both problematic games have no issue with my TWCS anymore...nice!