How to Create a Dedicated Server. 10 Easy Steps

You need to buy terrains but modules is not needed.

Thanks for info, I'll go to pick up the Persian Gulf until offer sale ends, and then Nevada on next sale period for the server account! :pilotfly:

FlighRIG => CPU: RyZen 5900x | RAM: 64GB Corsair 3000Mhz | GPU: nVIDIA RTX 4090 FE | OS Storage: SSD NVMe Samsung 850 Pro 512GB, DCS Storage: SSD NVMe Sabrent 1TB | Device: Multipurpose-UFC, VirPil T-50, TM WARTHOG Throttle, TrackHat, MFD Cougar with screen.

Our Servers => [ITA] Banshee | Krasnodar - PvE | PersianConquest PvE Live Map&Stats | Syria Liberation PvE Conquest

Support us on twitch subscribing with amazon prime account linked, it's free!

Thanks for info, I'll go to pick up the Persian Gulf until offer sale ends, and then Nevada on next sale period for the server account! :pilotfly:

Actually you can buy the terrains on your main ED shop account and ask ED support to transfer the use rights to the server account.

• 1 month later...
Actually you can buy the terrains on your main ED shop account and ask ED support to transfer the use rights to the server account.

Can you clarify (sorry, old post, I know, but I'm still pretty new)?

Are you saying, if I have an account, MDCSName, and that's what I use to buy my stuff, and then I create another account for my dedicated server, lets call it MyDCSName_SRV, I can use one of my licenses, say on the Nevada map, and run it in both places?

B. "Swany" Swanberg

Gigabyte Designare, Intel i9 9900KF (3.6, OC'd to 5.0)

32GB Patriot Viper Steel (black, non-RGB)

OS installed on a Samsung Evo 970 1TB SSD

DCS installed on a Samsun Evo 860 1TB SSD

EVGA 2080Ti 11GB

EVGA Supernova 720p 750w PS

3 Dell S2716DG monitors in Surround mode (7680x1440)

Oculus Rift S VR

Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle and Stick

Thrusmaster Rudder Pedals

assorted button boxes/Arduino boards

All drivers always kept up to date (30 days old, max)

• 2 months later...
Can you clarify (sorry, old post, I know, but I'm still pretty new)?

Are you saying, if I have an account, MDCSName, and that's what I use to buy my stuff, and then I create another account for my dedicated server, lets call it MyDCSName_SRV, I can use one of my licenses, say on the Nevada map, and run it in both places?

No, you can't use the same license for both account.

I think @HiJack suggest to buy the terrain with you main account to use discount accumulated on main account to buy terrain, and then transfer to server account.

FlighRIG => CPU: RyZen 5900x | RAM: 64GB Corsair 3000Mhz | GPU: nVIDIA RTX 4090 FE | OS Storage: SSD NVMe Samsung 850 Pro 512GB, DCS Storage: SSD NVMe Sabrent 1TB | Device: Multipurpose-UFC, VirPil T-50, TM WARTHOG Throttle, TrackHat, MFD Cougar with screen.

Our Servers => [ITA] Banshee | Krasnodar - PvE | PersianConquest PvE Live Map&Stats | Syria Liberation PvE Conquest

Support us on twitch subscribing with amazon prime account linked, it's free!

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all,

I'm looking for some advice regarding a virtual server for hosting a DCS world Server.

I'm UK based and looking for recommendations for a hosting provider and not sure on the best one to pick. Obviously cost is one of the major factors. I've considered Azure but I'm not sure they are cost effective?

I'm looking for recommendations and experiences of the community.

Home hosting is an option however, I am not sure on bandwidth requirements for a server hosting up to 20 people for PVE based missions. I stream other games when the server would be running, also have other people in the household using the internet so don't want to end up with throttling issues, hence looking at a hosting provider.

• 1 year later...

DCS server is very power hungry - you'll need a full on dedicated server to make it work for 20 people. The VPS will only work for maximum 1-2 people.

2. The DCS MOVIE information!

4. REAL UFO FOOTAGE

I don't trust anything that bleeds for five days, and doesn't die

government: gives me money because of coronavirus

me: spends all money on the missing DCS modules

government: ... you dumbo! We won't give you money anymore

me: It's ok. I don't need anything else - I now have the entire DCS collection

my cat: looking at the empty bowl for a while and goes back to sleep

me: it's hard times, Mig, suck it up!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]