• J-5A
    • J-6III
    • J-7G
    • J-8E
    • J-8F
    • Q-5III
    • Q-5D
    • H-5

Kev, what about J-8II and Q-5? Both have no Soviet equivalent per se, the J-8II is indeginous albeit a scaled up MiG-21 planform on the outside, and the Q-5 has many more differences to MiG-19 then most people assume. Other then the different front fuselage intakes and guns, it has a longer area ruled fuselage with a thinner less swept wing, and it even has a bomb bay that can carry bombs or fuel. In the Jabbers interview J-8IIB and Q-5C were listed as possible future modules after JF-17 and J-11.

I think both J-8II and Q-5 would surprise people in how different they are then Soviet equivalents, Both at some point or another we’re the most indeginous design China had.

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

There may well be a lineage, but if you look at the planform and shape of the intake, the final result of J-10 and Lavi don't really have anything more than a superficial resemblance between them. So I'd say calling it a full on copy or calling it Lavi is rather unfair.

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

This is youtube, so I don't know how creditable this is.

If it is true, then J-10 is still being offered for export. That means maybe, just maybe, one day we might get...... maybe a J-10A...with old Russian none vertical control engine......with only export variant of PL-12......without PL-9 for DCS.

Edited by J-20

• ED Team

Hi all

just a quick reminder we have rules here, please review them before posting.

Above all, just be nice to each other

thank you.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Wow, I can hardly believe this. There more people like Q-5 than J-7G.

For those who love J-7G, I suggest you guys to pick up slack. :P

Yeah I don't doubt it could be an interesting machine, although I don't need another MiG-21 copy.

Like I mentioned the other day I would much prefer the Lavi's derivative.

Hangar
FC3 | F-14A/B | F-16C | F/A-18C | MiG-21bis | Mirage 2000C ... ... JA 37 | Kfir | MiG-23 | Mirage IIIE
Mi-8 MTV2

system
i7-4790 K , 16 GB DDR3 , GTX 1660 Ti 6GB , Samsung 860 QVO 1TB

Yeah I don't doubt it could be an interesting machine, although I don't need another MiG-21 copy.

Like I mentioned the other day I would much prefer the Lavi's derivative.

I'd like the F35 copy... Or a J15... :)

RTR39W7I.jpg?itok=gQQxu_Kt

I'll also point out most of the Lavi "tech transfer" wasn't really about aerodynamic shaping, it was electronics systems and missile tech from what I know of it. Elta/Elisra EW System, FLCS systems, Elta EL/M-2035 Multi-Mode Pulse Doppler Radar , INS, Python3 etc. And it did happen.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

• ED Team

I have deleted some posts and had a cleanup.

Again please be nice to each other, leave nationalism out of this discussion, keep the topic on DCS only.

thank you

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Surprised Xi'an JH-7A didn't make the list, never mind - though personally the Chengdu J/F-10A gets my vote (would definitely go for a B if not for the alleged AESA RADAR)

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

Surprised Xi'an JH-7A didn't make the list, never mind - though personally the Chengdu J/F-10A gets my vote (would definitely go for a B if not for the alleged AESA RADAR)

I don't know if JH-7 is an option right now, since it is still in service as a frontline bomber, not a secondline bomber in reserve.

But if you can read Chinese language, this is just out, if you are interested:

As for J-10B, my source says that it has a PESA, not a AESA. The one with an AESA is the J-10C

Also, I doubt J-10B is going to be an option for DCS module for many years to come.

Edited by J-20

I'd like the F35 copy... Or a J15... :)

I'll also point out most of the Lavi "tech transfer" wasn't really about aerodynamic shaping, it was electronics systems and missile tech from what I know of it. Elta/Elisra EW System, FLCS systems, Elta EL/M-2035 Multi-Mode Pulse Doppler Radar , INS, Python3 etc. And it did happen.

And I've flown that one already, it's the Su-33 in Flaming Cliffs 3.

Hangar
FC3 | F-14A/B | F-16C | F/A-18C | MiG-21bis | Mirage 2000C ... ... JA 37 | Kfir | MiG-23 | Mirage IIIE
Mi-8 MTV2

system

And I've flown that one already, it's the Su-33 in Flaming Cliffs 3.

And you point being????

The Chinese government and Ukraine government had always stated that J-15 was based on the T-10 prototype, just like they had always stated that J-10 was developed 1 year ahead of Lavi. So what's your point?

Also, you haven't flown J-15. J-15 has way better avionics, radar, weaponry, RWR etc.

Since you don't even own a JF-17 module, why are you even here? Just bored and trying to start a fight?

Edited by J-20

And you point being????

The Chinese government and Ukraine government had always stated that J-15 was based on the T-10 prototype, just like they had always stated that J-10 was developed 1 year ahead of Lavi. So what's your point?

Also, you haven't flown J-15. J-15 has way cheaper avionics, radar, weaponry, RWR etc.

Since you don't even own a JF-17 module, why are you even here? Just bored and trying to start a fight?

There, fixed that for you.

And you know it's true, mainly to sell in the export market.

No fight whatsoever only polite conversation, remember rule 1.2.

Hangar
Mi-8 MTV2

system

:music_whistling: woooow, relax buddy, and perhaps thicken your skin a bit

last time i checked, we were all here cuz we enjoy flight sims :pilotfly:

getting back on topic, i'd like to see Chinese rotorcraft, perhaps a Z-9 as a follow-on aircraft. we rotorheads are a bit nutty that way

1920px-Chinese_Helicopter_Lands_on_HMS_Cornwall_MOD_45150752.jpg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harbin_Z-9#/media/File:Chinese_Helicopter_Lands_on_HMS_Cornwall_MOD_45150752.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] DCS: The most expensive free game you'll ever play

Modules: All of them

System:

I9-9900k, ROG Maximus , 32gb ram, RTX2070 Founder's Edition, t16000,hotas, pedals & cougar MFD, HP Reverb 1.2, HTC VIVE

There, fixed that for you.

And you know it's true, mainly to sell in the export market.

No fight whatsoever only polite conversation, remember rule 1.2.

yes, it is "polite" to accuse others of being "cheap" and "theft". Sorry, but in China, we have very different definition of polite than Portugal.

Seems we also have a very different definition of "cheap" as well. And since when J-15 is " mainly to sell in the export market"?

Whatever you are on, I want some.

yyvc4KC.png

Edited by J-20

• ED Team

If you click on a users profile you can use "user list" and add to ignore.

Lets not continue the back and forth.

thanks

Assume that's true for a sec.

First of all, it proves J-10 is an indigenous design.

Secondly, what you said only applies to early various of J-10A. Because there were numerous upgrades and overhauls in later variants in terms of EW system, FBW and other avionics. J-10B has an indigenous PESA radar, while J-10C has an indigenous AESA radar, not to mention it uses PL-10 and PL-15, which are both Chinese missiles.

qLjvyQ3.png

My Adorable Communist Errand Girls  🙂

Led by me, the Communist Errand Panda 🥰

THE F111 AARDVARK.. and examples why

The Aardvark... THE ARDVARK. Lemme show you why.

First, the little things people like about each of these modules, the Aardvark has them all in one package.

The F111 Aardvark can carry 8 CBU87s, or 20 MK20s, Thats comparable to the Warthog.

a 1oo,ooo pound takeout weight. 27,ooo pound wingload

It has AN INTERNAL CANON. and will carry A2A missiles.

it has the chance to implement an AI RIO (like HBs Tommie RIO eveyones talking about) 2 seater. It could be MULTIPLAYER

Its FASTER than the Phantom. m2.5 at 6o,oook! SIXTY. m1.4 on the deck.

Ill say that twice, so it will sink in. A Super Sonic Warthog.. yeeeah.

The F111 has a 3,500nm range. thats twice the ferry range (w tank) of the Phantom

Its got an INTERNAL bay. its got SWEPT WING. Its versatile ECM variants.

AtA refueling.. ARRESTING GEAR (a warthog with arresting gear)

And all the fun problems that come with a 2 engine craft. (2x the parts 2x the problems)

All the things people brag and S.T.S. about.. 2 player multiplayer planes, SPEED, stupid huge bombload, FUEL complaining, dedicated dogfighting canon.. Packed in ONE ridiculously sexy plane.

They built the B1 Lancer, and the F15 Strike Eagle to replace the F111. It was filling BOTH those roles single handedly.

Precision/dedicating bombing, Nuclear deterrence, INTERDICTION, & Tank Plinking (ie loitering, SEAM)

In other words.. DCS players can fly it in whatever role they want, or are good at

AND.. when it dumps fuel, they kick the burners and it belches flame like a dragon. That is so bright.. ED would have to model the Dump and Burn maneuver like a SUU-25 flare. Id buy the Aardvark, just to see it turn Night into Day in DCS

heres actual video of a night "dump and burn"

Theres just no comparison. It fits the 3rd gen direction that DCS is headed in right now with the F4. And gaming wise? ITS GOT THE RIGHT STUFF

Its Fun, Its Got Something for Everyone, It looks Badass, and it will SELL

image027.jpg

• Like 1

I believe most people will still want another redfor aircraft capable of BVR. The blue aircrafts in DCS are just way more modern than the red aircrafts. It is really a struggle to fight in MP using red aircraft. Also, a modern multirole aircraft will have more functionality than an old aircraft, it is definitely more fun to fly a modern aircraft in the long run. Thus, please consider the J-10, or other modernized aircraft like J-8F.

If DEKA is determined to build only from the model listed above?

We should consider everything from Playability, Versatility and even Looks.

ALL of these things will determine how many Aircraft DEKA/DCS sell. The more they sell, the better the future products will be.

In my opinion. From the list above, the 2 options are

the J-8II (and only this variant)

the Q-5 (and only the latter variants that were armed to the teeth)

Some practical things to consider. Unless someone collects aircraft, they will be hesitant to purchase a module that resembles a mod they already spent 70 dollars on (even after it was reduced in price)

However we can get around that with the J8ii, not only is it TWIN ENGINE cousin of the J7, which the J7 is always going to be seen as a MiG21. But the Cockpit and Radar dome was completely redesigned (in looks.. and capability)

So what we have is this absolute beast, that barely even resembles the J7. Has twice the engines and state of the art Radar. Possibly even the F4 Phantoms radar suite (which it was specifically designed to handle, though "officially" we were told there wasnt any collaboration.)

This makes the J8ii.. ABSOLUTELY capable and UNIQUE (even to people who would want complain about "reverse engineering" yada yada)

After that, the Q-5 is basically, one of those planes based on Early Gen airframes, That culminates every adaptation, every trick and tech advancement, and does this very well.

The AK-47 of Eastern Aircraft. Every advantage learned was pressed into service in one of the dozens of variants.

It is a Ground Attack plane.. so that should be considered.

i really wish the h5 was capable. Because people would buy it just because the way it looks. IT DOES HAVE A REAR TURRET! love to see THAT modeled and user capable. BUT the h5 can only carry 4 500 pounders. NO ONE wants to pay 60 dollars for a twin engine bomber that can only drop a single JDAM.

id also like to encourage any modders reading this.. to build the CRICRI. i would pay for a CriCri (especially if you could arm it with a single pylon and appropriate munitions)

edit: ↑ see the guy who just wrote "i will have all the Fishbeds" This is what i mean. It Appeals to collectors. But even the Collectors see the 19 and 21 as MiG variants. When we need to reach both the Collectors and People who would want a Unique airframe, like myself. I want the MiG-21, as my next module. Im Familiar with the 21, because its famous. If given the option. I would buy the MiG21bis before i went with the j7, because i know about it. I know its limitations its edges. The J8ii would grab my attention as a totally new craft worth buying based on its own merits.

Edited by Bartacomus