Normandy Map Discussion

Lenux

I saw but what is?

Assets from WWII. :D

Meaning period Sherman and Panzer tanks, trains, ships, anti-aircraft guns etc.

So eye candy as you fly around Normandy map and also used in Combat Arms module.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

ASo eye candy as you fly around Normandy map and also used in Combat Arms module.
Well, I wouldn't say just eye candy since I think you will want some target to fire at, wether Shermans, Tigers, flaks, or a B-17, later expanded with several other IA aircraft units. I would say that's pretty much necessary in a full environment, not just eye candy :thumbup:.

S!

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

I think an exciting aspect of this that hasn't been talked about too much will be the combined arms part. Sure, loitering in a jeep or doing tank battles has been mentioned but there are other interesting aspects.

For MP servers, not only could you have PvP in tanks, but I think it will be fun to man a Bofors AA and try to take out humane players flying at objectives. They could even set up a Combined Arms only server for those who wanted to do ground battles, though who knows how popular that would be since I imagine CA is not as popular as flying, being this is primarily a flight simulator.

And depending on how in depth they get with the 88mm (will it only be anti-tank or could you use it as AAA?) - imagine trying to take out bombers with bursting air shells. Might not be the most exciting, but probably a pretty novel thing to see in a modern day simulator!

Either way, should be fun for those of us that like the WWII aspect of games and simulators!

I think an exciting aspect of this that hasn't been talked about too much will be the combined arms part. Sure, loitering in a jeep or doing tank battles has been mentioned but there are other interesting aspects.

For MP servers, not only could you have PvP in tanks, but I think it will be fun to man a Bofors AA and try to take out humane players flying at objectives. They could even set up a Combined Arms only server for those who wanted to do ground battles, though who knows how popular that would be since I imagine CA is not as popular as flying, being this is primarily a flight simulator.

And depending on how in depth they get with the 88mm (will it only be anti-tank or could you use it as AAA?) - imagine trying to take out bombers with bursting air shells. Might not be the most exciting, but probably a pretty novel thing to see in a modern day simulator!

Either way, should be fun for those of us that like the WWII aspect of games and simulators!

;) Or shoot at bomber formations with a battery of 88's

We are Virtual Pilots, a growing International Squad of pilots, we fly Allies in WWII and Red Force in Korea and Modern combat. We are recruiting like minded people of all Nationalities and skill levels.

http://virtual-pilots.com/

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

CA actually continue very "green" on features, functionalities, physics, performances and a long, etc. To a "realistic" tank battle need improve a realistic "armour" model (expected can rewards from the on develop new aircraft damage model), and expected see realistic track behaviour on tanks on some point in the future (or a hardcore module).

AAA working actually on DCS: W. Put a 2 cm Flak 30/38/Flakvierling is not a problem.

If the "fake" radar panel of Sa-8, Sa-15, etc, can be export to a Flak battery or build a Kommandogerät 40 fire control and / or a Wurzburg radar to guide Flak functional to CA, to guide the 8,8 cm FlaK 18/36/37/41 and other heavy flaks (10.5 cm FlaK 38 and 12.8 cm FlaK 40)

I have a beginner question. Does WW2 needs a lot Hardware power without going online?

If i have enabled the standard Dcs KI my frames dont get over 22 Fps. Without any KI's stable 45 Fps.

Gesendet von meinem BV6000 mit Tapatalk

I7 920 @ 3,8 GHZ , Zotac 1070 OC , PC Memory 16GB , Saitek X52 , VPP Pedals , G25 Rudder Pedals , DD wheel , DOF 3 Motion Simulator

CA actually continue very "green" on features, functionalities, physics, performances and a long, etc. To a "realistic" tank battle need improve a realistic "armour" model (expected can rewards from the on develop new aircraft damage model), and expected see realistic track behaviour on tanks on some point in the future (or a hardcore module).

Yes, I definitely thought of that too. I'm going into this thinking that the armor modeling will be rather basic (such as line-of-sight angles increasing effective thickness of the armor probably won't be recognized at this time). I think it will still be fun regardless and I'm sure people will make some good missions. Who knows, maybe down the road they would be able to invest a bit more time into that aspect if it becomes very popular. I've always wanted a modern replacement for Steel Fury: Kharkov 1942. One can always dream!

I have a beginner question. Does WW2 needs a lot Hardware power without going online?

If i have enabled the standard Dcs KI my frames dont get over 22 Fps. Without any KI's stable 45 Fps.

What ever a KI is, Normandy is going to be just as taxing as Nevada.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

What ever a KI is, Normandy is going to be just as taxing as Nevada.

:D

Its german. Sometimes languages mix up. KI means AI.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Gainward RTX 2080 OC | i7 8700K OC | 32GB G.Skill RipJaws V DDR4 3600 MHz | MSI Z370-A PRO | Samsung 970 EVO 500GB

Will there be a replay of the Normandy live feed for those who weren't able to make the live feed preview? TC

Win 10 Pro 64bit | Half X F/T Case | Corsair 1200AT ps | Asus ROG Maximums XIII Extreme | I9 11900K Clocked@4200 | Nepton 240 W/C | 64GB DDR4-3600 Gskill Mem | Asus 3080 gpu/8gb | SB-Z audio | Asus 32" 1440 Monitor | Winwing Super Tauras/Super Libra | Crosswind R/P | Track-ir-5 |

The Normandy Live Stream will be on the 18th, from the latest info from Wags: Normandy Map 1944 Live Stream Post#95, so you haven't missed anything yet ;)

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

Thanks. TC

Win 10 Pro 64bit | Half X F/T Case | Corsair 1200AT ps | Asus ROG Maximums XIII Extreme | I9 11900K Clocked@4200 | Nepton 240 W/C | 64GB DDR4-3600 Gskill Mem | Asus 3080 gpu/8gb | SB-Z audio | Asus 32" 1440 Monitor | Winwing Super Tauras/Super Libra | Crosswind R/P | Track-ir-5 |

• ED Team

In addition to the in-game check and notification system, we also updated the store page to better clarify that the stand-alone purchase of the Normandy map does not include the Assets Pack units.

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/shop/terrains/normandy_terrain/

Thank you for the feedback.

Map is looking very nice.

Mechanized Infantry was quite important in WWII. Will we be able to embark and disembark infantry from trucks, jeeps, trains and ships? That will give the players a better reason to interdict convois and trains or prevent an sea invasion.

Will the trees and orchards be collidable and do they provide cover or screening from AI ground units? This would make the map a dream map for helicopter pilots.

Thank you!

• Like 1

Will the trees and orchards be collidable and do they provide cover or screening from AI ground units?

This is a very good question, indeed. I hope you get an answer :)

A warrior's mission is to foster the success of others.

i9-12900K | MSI RTX 3080Ti Suprim X | 128 GB Ram 3200 MHz DDR-4 | MSI MPG Edge Z690 | Samung EVO 980 Pro SSD | Virpil Stick, Throttle and Collective | MFG Crosswind | HP Reverb G2

RAT - On the Range - Rescue Helo - Recovery Tanker - Warehouse - Airboss

Will there be any concessions for purchasing maps to use exclusively on servers? With the release of more and more maps, it will become prohibitively costly to continue to support DCS World in all it's theatres.

A version of DCS World that prevents the installation of any modules except campaigns asset packs and maps would ensure the terms of a server license couldn't be broken perhaps?

v2.0

Normandy_zpssuvurax2.png

Edited by cichlidfan

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

The Asset DLC should also work under 1.5.

Should?

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

In addition to the in-game check and notification system, we also updated the store page to better clarify that the stand-alone purchase of the Normandy map does not include the Assets Pack units.

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/shop/terrains/normandy_terrain/

Thank you for the feedback.

I was thinking, maybe is good form to add in the WWII Backer section of the profile- beside the Normandy map line also the models?

1b2a8a2ef8bca42ffd42f027199d3f70fac7a472.jpg

There's the risk someone buys that twice.