DCSFlightpanels (DCSFP) thread. Saitek Pro Flight Panels & DCS

ArturDCS

"There are no stupid questions" as a very good teacher once said.

Check this page : https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=3438804&highlight=open+beta#post3438804

You have to change the path in DCSFP to point to the open beta DCS-BIOS folder. (under Settings)

Hello,

First off, thanks for the awesome application! This has solved so many issues for me and I'm using it daily! :thumbup:

One little change that would help out would be if you could add support for "Frequency Knobs sensitivity" to the KeyEmulator for all PZ69 radios.

Right now that setting doesn't work with keyemulator and you get tons of clicks when trying to assign any knobs.

If you added "SkipCurrentFrequencyChange()" with a break to line 197 of RadioPanelPZ69Emulators.cs then you get that functionality very easily. I've gone ahead and built my own version of your source with this change, but figured the community will want this change as well, so thought I would post here.

Also, then I can get your updates without having to build a custom build every time. ;)

Thanks again!! Awesome tool!!!

Thanks & thanks for the suggestion! And yes this was a bug of some sorts.

I've made a new release here.

Is it working properly now?

:)

Hello,

First off, thanks for the awesome application! This has solved so many issues for me and I'm using it daily! :thumbup:

One little change that would help out would be if you could add support for "Frequency Knobs sensitivity" to the KeyEmulator for all PZ69 radios.

Right now that setting doesn't work with keyemulator and you get tons of clicks when trying to assign any knobs.

If you added "SkipCurrentFrequencyChange()" with a break to line 197 of RadioPanelPZ69Emulators.cs then you get that functionality very easily. I've gone ahead and built my own version of your source with this change, but figured the community will want this change as well, so thought I would post here.

Also, then I can get your updates without having to build a custom build every time. ;)

Thanks again!! Awesome tool!!!

I haven't tried the NS430 yet, but I am a little confused how I can use the NS430 and the module for my aircraft at the same time. I.e. I can't run two profiles at the same time, and the NS430 seems to be listed as if it is a stand alone aircraft profile. Do I just run two instances of DCSFlightPanels? One for my aircraft configured for the radio panel, and one for the NS430 configured for the Multi-Panel, for example? What simple answer am I missing?

Sorry if this was explained earlier. I'm sure I am missing some simple answer here.

Works like a charm!!! Thank you! thumbup.gif

Excellent!

I haven't tried the NS430 yet, but I am a little confused ...

If you want to fly the Mi-8 with NS 430 then you create a [Mi8NS430] profile. If you already have a Mi-8 then you can just replace the

Airframe=Mi8

with

Airframe=Mi8NS430

Edited by ArturDCS

If you want to fly the Mi-8 with NS 430 then you create a [Mi8NS430] profile. If you already have a Mi-8 then you can just replace the

Is it the same for using the stand alone NS430? Say with the Gazelle where it isn't integrated?

So so... new attempt. :)

New pre-release here.

New menu "Extras" added.

The NS 430 DCS-BIOS module can be loaded/unloaded using this menu. The information whether the profile should use NS 430 or not is stored as "UseNS430=True/False"

Please report back whether it works as intended. And keep in mind that I don't fly DCS or own NS 430. (=> need feedback)

Hmm I have to rethink the whole thing. Apparently NS 430 is supported for a lot of airframes. I thought it was only the Mi-8 and the L-39.

The NS430 is supported as a pop up window in all aircraft (a key combo makes it come up), but supported as an in dash device on the Mi8 and L39. How that affects your software, I don't know, but hopefully it is the same either way.

I'll try the new update as soon as I can. Thanks!

Hi ArturDCS,

Another quick question. I see that there is code in there for it to check for the DCS window and potentially give it focus prior to performing the keypresses. Is this work in progress as I don't see the menu option that is mentioned in the comment for (finding DCS).

Also, would be nice to have a feature where we can hotkey DCSFlightpanels on and off to "reset" the panel without it sending keypresses when we get shot down. Right now I do it on the screen before I reset back. But would be nice to have the option.

Again, awesome work! Thanks again for your efforts with this great tool.

Brett

New pre-release here.

• Menu Check For DCS removed
  • New button Enable/Disable to control whether DCSFP forwards panel events or not
  • Version check fixed. Now also reports on pre-releases

Please report back if it works so I can make it official (pre-relase => release).

Hello!

Awesome tool... is it working with the open Beta of DCS? I tried it but I get this error on startup (running as admin).

I attached the error log txt file.

Yes it works, you need to have DCS-BIOS in both DCS versions and you need under Settings point to the beta DCS-BIOS location.

Hi Again Artur,

1. From time to time I see the panels don't interact with DCS for some reason, mainly on MP,

and sometimes they need several restarts (all export options enabled in MP).

I haven't found a repeatable scenario yet.

Is there a certain recommended procedure/sequence to start up the right way?

2. A new feature idea if you like it... :

In the BIP Panel, add an option of "blink" to the led configuration, with the time interval wanted i.e. "Blink" - Enabled, "Interval" 0.5 seconds.

for example I would like to have the "Speed Brakes" to blink on and off to attract my attention, (although I know it is not suppose to blink in DCS).

The time interval can be left open to fill,

or just a preset of few selectable times , i.e :

Default action is Disabled , and pressing it will open a drop down menu to select a few time intervals 0.3 , 0.5, 0.7, 1 , 1.5 , 2 sec )

Even without it - It is a great program!! :)

Thank you Artur!

Callsign   SETUP

Hi Again Artur,

1. From time to time I see the panels don't interact with DCS for some reason, mainly on MP,

2. A new feature idea if you like it... :

In the BIP Panel, add an option of "blink" to the led configuration, with the time interval wanted i.e. "Blink" - Enabled, "Interval" 0.5 seconds.

for example I would like to have the "Speed Brakes" to blink on and off to attract my attention, (although I know it is not suppose to blink in DCS).

The time interval can be left open to fill,

or just a preset of few selectable times , i.e :

Default action is Disabled , and pressing it will open a drop down menu to select a few time intervals 0.3 , 0.5, 0.7, 1 , 1.5 , 2 sec )

Even without it - It is a great program!! :)

Thank you Artur!

OK, I have to think about it. Because blinking requires threads running alongside doing the on/off thing. It isn't that easy (for me) to do it.

BUT if you have something that actually blinks in the cockpit you can map that DCS-BIOS control to a BIP and the BIP will blink accordingly.

OK, I have to think about it. Because blinking requires threads running alongside doing the on/off thing. It isn't that easy (for me) to do it.

BUT if you have something that actually blinks in the cockpit you can map that DCS-BIOS control to a BIP and the BIP will blink accordingly.

OK, fair enough... :thumbup:

Do you have any idea about my first question maybe?

Callsign   SETUP

Hi Again Artur,

Sorry forgot. Hmm no, I really don't have any idea what the problem is or how to bypass it.

But I hope someone else that plays MP could give some feedback regarding this. Is it some MP cheat protection that could be causing it?

Is there a certain recommended procedure/sequence to start up the right way!

Have you run the command to disable the EnhancedPowerManagementEnabled in the registry? It could be Windows is powering down the panels.

See these posts for details:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3573978&postcount=824

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3574082&postcount=825

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3575546&postcount=832

ArturDCS added this to one of the menus in DCSFlightpanels which effectively runs the script I linked in the above post. I forget which menu it is in, but it should be labeled something like "Disable Windows Enhanced USB Power Management." MP sometimes draws more resources than SP, and I have seen more issues with USB devices in those cases. So it could be the power management thing (which causes no end of issues with DCS). Or, if not that, it could be a general issue with DCS being overloaded at rare moments. Like when first entering a MP server, I have often had USB controller issues though not specifically with DCSFlightPanels. So to confirm, I have not seen issues like you describe. Just offering some ideas.

As for a sequence to start the "right way", run DCSFlightpanels first, load your profile. Load DCS and it should work. But even if you load DCS first and then load DCSFlightpanels second, it should still work. It is agnostic regarding order of operations it seems.