Sharing Pre-flight Planning concept

Sgt_Cyanide

Sgt_Cyanide,

I have earlier mentioned not being able to use this tool at it's full potential due to not being able to load previously created plans back in. And you have stated to have no idea what might be wrong.

Can you please read following post (#363) and the three after it?

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=3353494

I as well run Win7 pro 64.

You don't happen to work in VisualStudio 2017?

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FOUND IT!

Well, I finally found what was making it impossible for me to import plans I had successfully managed to export before!

I'll explain everything here just in case anyone else get a similar problem.

Did some tests and found out that I could import them if I removed all decimals from all lat/long coordinates. Not just replace with zero, but remove them, and the decimal point (.).

That made me suspicious about a Win7 configuration I made looong time ago. I most often write in English and have an English keyboard, even if I'm Swedish. I have set it up so that if I need to write in Swedish I hit a key combination to switch to Swedish layout.

Now, many years ago I had a reason to change settings for what decimal point Windows used while writing in Swedish. Standard is comma (,), but I needed point (.). I believe it was for CSV exporting, having (,) as decimal point caused problems.

I tested to reset these settings, and now for some strange reason I can export and import plans as much as I want!

I have no idea whatsoever the underlying reasons for this in DMP, but it works!:thumbup:

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5

It doesn't look like editing the lat/longs on an existing waypoint (by typing in the provided fields on the left side of the screen) modifies it either on the DMP Map or in the game when the cartridge is loaded?

Is manual typing of coords a work in progress? it would be very useful for establishing precise target points for BK90 etc. As it works currently, you have to carefully move the mouse to the exact location, which is painful when you're flightplan isn't on part of the map provided.

It doesn't look like editing the lat/longs on an existing waypoint (by typing in the provided fields on the left side of the screen) modifies it either on the DMP Map or in the game when the cartridge is loaded?

Is manual typing of coords a work in progress? it would be very useful for establishing precise target points for BK90 etc. As it works currently, you have to carefully move the mouse to the exact location, which is painful when you're flightplan isn't on part of the map provided.

Noticed this to yesterday as well. A workaround is to first create the flight plan and save. Then open the init.lua file in Notepad++ or similar and manually edit the lat/long for the target. They are in decimal degrees in the file (ddmmss in dmp) so some conversion might be necessary depending on what format you have for the target. Not perfect but doable.

Unfortunately Sgt_Cyanide hasn't been around for quite some time...

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5

Unfortunately Sgt_Cyanide hasn't been around for quite some time...

He was last online in december, according to his public profile... Hopefully this project is not dead :(

i7-14700KF 5.6GHz Water Cooled /// ZOTAC RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB /// 32GB RAM DDR5 /// Win11 /// SSDs only

DCS - XP12 - MSFS2020

When I try to export my flight plan to a data cartridge i get the following message

Export Failed: Access to the the path 'C:|Program Files\Eagle

Dynamics\DCS

World\Mods\Aircraft\AJS37\Cockpit\scripts\NavigationPanel\D

evice\init.lua' is denied

Any ideas how to fix???

No expert but couple of things the C:| should be a C:\ but that could be a typo

Also you running as Administrator?

It seems to work fine for me at least for cartridge 1, yet to try it for others

I cannot get it to import right now, it's a pity if it's dead its a great tool and with a little improvement could be awesome, but glad I have it and very grateful to Sgt Cyanide

Why Heatblur did not come up with this in the first place is beyond me, because programming through the Mission Editor taking the Lat/Long and entering the codes is a pain.

Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong..

When I go to load the flight plan when i'm on the main page of DCS I get the following..

"Data cartrigdes with invalid flight plans found. Data cartridge ID: 2,3,4,5" I click Ok and I get Export successfully.

I go to through the starting process of viggen in the kneeboard I select cartrigde 1 and nothing happens. I'm on ver 2.5 and can't figure out what I'm doing wrong.

Thanks in advance...

Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong..

When I go to load the flight plan when i'm on the main page of DCS I get the following..

"Data cartrigdes with invalid flight plans found. Data cartridge ID: 2,3,4,5" I click Ok and I get Export successfully.

I go to through the starting process of viggen in the kneeboard I select cartrigde 1 and nothing happens. I'm on ver 2.5 and can't figure out what I'm doing wrong.

Thanks in advance...

I get the "invalid flight plans" message to, but nothing to worry about.

Stupid question maybe, but have you pointed the planing tool to the correct init.lua file? If so, have you changed name or location of the game folder after an update?

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5

I get the "invalid flight plans" message to, but nothing to worry about.

Stupid question maybe, but have you pointed the planing tool to the correct init.lua file? If so, have you changed name or location of the game folder after an update?

There is never a stupid question because it fixed my problem ..

Thanks...

But what's causing the "invalid flight plans" 2-5 ?

There is never a stupid question because it fixed my problem ..

Thanks...

But what's causing the "invalid flight plans" 2-5 ?

Good to hear it was solved.

You can create 5 flight plans, you have a drop-down list (down left) to select which one you want to work with. Each need to at least contain departure, one waypoint and landing not to generate that message. But as long as you have at least one correct plan it's not necessary to have all five.

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5

I've had problems using this since 2.5. According to the patch notes, the data cartridges should no longer require a re-seating to be loaded in multiplayer and should work even if you're already inside the plane. This however has failed every time so far.

Any tips?

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...