Yak-52 and Warthog stick curves.

Sydy

Hi guys,

I hope everybody enjoying the Yak like I am. I just got back home from an assignment and having a ball with it.

In one of the videos I saw from DISCO I saw the ideal curves. I just can't find it anymore. I already wrote to him, but if one of you remember the curves for the Warthog to make it closer to the real thing, I will thank you for that.

All the best,

Sydy

• 2 weeks later...

Pitch & Roll Curves for Yak-52

I originally started flying (w HOTAS Warthog) the Yak Bird with my DCS Defaults of 10% Curves for Pitch & Roll.

The Yak-52 proved way too sensitive at 10% Curves which resulted in fast twitchy control inputs - very unrealistic. I've increased them (to 20-25% for Yak-52 Specific) which has resulted in much smoother and realistic aircraft response to flight control inputs.

Don't worry about any optimum setting Graphs - a Little Trial & Error will let you actually feel your adjustments as you fine tune them - you'll be one Happy Ruski (no offense) in less than 5 Minutes.

I'm having a Ball with the Yak-52 - Great Fun Plane. Wish I had one for Real ! :pilotfly:

I originally started flying (w HOTAS Warthog) the Yak Bird with my DCS Defaults of 10% Curves for Pitch & Roll.

The Yak-52 proved way too sensitive at 10% Curves which resulted in fast twitchy control inputs - very unrealistic. I've increased them (to 20-25% for Yak-52 Specific) which has resulted in much smoother and realistic aircraft response to flight control inputs.

Don't worry about any optimum setting Graphs - a Little Trial & Error will let you actually feel your adjustments as you fine tune them - you'll be one Happy Ruski (no offense) in less than 5 Minutes.

I'm having a Ball with the Yak-52 - Great Fun Plane. Wish I had one for Real ! :pilotfly:

Hi Igor,

Thank you for the post. I am going to try with 20-25% to feel it. I loved that bird so much that I decided to creat a mission on Caucasus to Navigate the entire map flying VFR and even created an Air Club with a short strip South of Senaki. You gotta be with the airplane well familirized to make in and out there. There are 10 navigation missions and the 11th is for the Air Club.

Although I don’t know anything about triggers or anything fancy, I am having a ball flying that mission I created.

All the best,

Sydy

Hi guys,

I hope everybody enjoying the Yak like I am. I just got back home from an assignment and having a ball with it.

In one of the videos I saw from DISCO I saw the ideal curves. I just can't find it anymore. I already wrote to him, but if one of you remember the curves for the Warthog to make it closer to the real thing, I will thank you for that.

All the best,

Sydy

Sydy, I am now at 30 curves and still not happy, too light - I was going to make an updated review video but the plane actually feels worse to me right now - need to fly it again and see what is happening before I do another review.

JK

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

A-4E | F-5E | F-14B | F/A-18C | AV-8B NA | UH-1H | FC3 | Yak-52 | KA-50 | Mi-8 | SA-342

i7 8700K | GTX 1070 Ti | 32GB 3000 DDR4

FAA Comm'l/Instrument, FAST Formation Wingman, Yak-52 Owner/Pilot

Sydy, I am now at 30 curves and still not happy, too light - I was going to make an updated review video but the plane actually feels worse to me right now - need to fly it again and see what is happening before I do another review.

JK

Tks, JK. Btw, I will visit an Yak-52 here in my city air club. Maybe I arrange a flight as well. Let's hope.

All the best,

Sydy