Well done (again) BST!

Hook47

I will second that emotion.

Well done. The level of systems detail is amazing.

I have never flown an Mig or an F-86, obviously, but the difference in the feel between the two models is unlike anything I have ever felt in a flight simulator before.

Inspiring work you have accomplished.

• Like 1

I can't say enough good things about Belsimtek, the DCS F-86F or the new DCS Mig-15bis. I was screwing around with the Mig-15bis, all night. She is amazing! I instantly bonded with this very lovely transonic bomber interceptor. The Mig is very sim pilot friendly and a whole lot of fun. I absolutely recommend the Mig-15bis. Thank you to the team for making such a wonderful add-on.

:thumbup: MJ

Edited by mjmorrow

So I tune in...! The MiG-15Bis is truly a masterpiece. Is this still a beta one should ask?! It handles so well I did not encounter any problems so far. I tested her for a few hours yesterday and I can say the level of detail is amazing. And the soundset! The soundset is sooo immersive. I mean just listen to that engine spool up...! Anyway, F-86 pilots should beware, now. The MiG´s cannons are absolutely deadly and it just entered the arena.

Well done BST! :thumbup:

But I have one question remaining: what exactly does the "Isolation Valve" (next to the fuel & engine switches) on the left switch panel do? I could not get behind it. Has it any effect? Any help would be appreciated.

Edited by Tango3B

+1

Truly an amazing piece of work - tried it yesterday and it immediately became one of my favorite DCS toys :D

But I have one question remaining: what exactly does the "Isolation Valve" (next to the fuel & engine switches) on the left switch panel do? I could not get behind it. Has it any effect? Any help would be appreciated.

Got this from the manual of another MiG-15bis model out there - one would need to test this:

The Isolation valve controls fuel flow to the engine. If disabled, the fuel flow is only

controlled by the throttle position. It would then normally be possible to exceed the

RPM limits.

@ golani79:

Thank you for your help on that. That is what I thought to be the possible use of that valve but I had no source of confirmation. Anyways, I will test engine operation with and without that valve as soon as I am back home from work. Will post if I observe any differences...:pilotfly:

I love it. I did first dogfight with Sabre and managed to take it down. And then successfully land.

Edited by Mirtma

Gigabyte Z490 Gaming X | i5 10600K@4700 | 32 Gb DDR4 @ 3200Mhz | Gigabyte Aorus GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11G |

MONITOR IIYAMA 24,5" LED LCD @ 1920 x 1080 | Windows 11

| Saitek X-55 Rhino | TrackIR 5 Pro

I really like the Mig-15 and think Belsimtek did a fantastic job. The plane looks and feels really good. I did the cold start and taxi a few times, and for me, since I have only concentrated on the FC3 aircraft (really, I only fly the Su-25), the relative simplicity of the older jet is really nice.

Starting procedure in easy to remember after a few tries. Quickstart guide was pretty good to get going re basic procedures. Will like to learn more when more detailed guide is available. Taxi steering seemed hard at first, but with a little practice it started to be intuitive.

Take off and landing feel was very good and feel it will not take much practice to get good at that. For me, it is the perfect aircraft to begin with more detailed modeling like fully clickable cockpit etc.

In short, I really like the Mig-15 much more than I expected. ED and the 3rd parties are putting out some very nice products, but for me, the Mig-15 is my favorite. I think I will really love this Mig. Many thanks to Belsimtek for such a great aircraft model.

Any ETA when it will be released on Steam? I'm itching to buy it.

Some of my steam friends and I switched over to standalone not long ago, its definitely worth it. I know its not an answer to your question but with SA you wont need to worry about release dates.. :thumbup:

Maximus VI Hero

780Ti 2-way SLI

16GB 2X8GB 1866mhz G.Skill Ripjaws Z

Samsung 850 Pro SSDs

3 Benq XL2720Z monitors in surround

TrackIR 5

Windows 10 Pro

HOTAS Warthog

Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals

The list goes on..

Nice kill man!

What a beast this plane is! I am having so much fun flying it.

Thank you.

Yes, real beast. And that cannon ...

Gigabyte Z490 Gaming X | i5 10600K@4700 | 32 Gb DDR4 @ 3200Mhz | Gigabyte Aorus GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11G |

MONITOR IIYAMA 24,5" LED LCD @ 1920 x 1080 | Windows 11

| Saitek X-55 Rhino | TrackIR 5 Pro

Y'all did it again, when I first got the F-86 I really had no interest in Jets of any kind but figured, why not? So glad I did. What a joy that is to fly, and now the MiG-15bis. Great job BST, another one that is just an absolute joy to fly.

The real fun is trying to compare the two, I've been having a great time and i've only just begun