Yak-52 progress?

Flarpt

I don't want WW3 please.

I have owned the Yak since release.

It still gets about HALF the fps of all other finished aircraft I own. Stutter city too.

It is not new anymore by well over a year. I asked this before and the answer was that ED never finished it. Another answer was ED never finished the LODS. Another said it remained un-optimized....

I have no idea what is true. All I know is that I paid good money for the Yak and cannot fly it after I think near 2 years now. Unacceptable. Can anyone provide me help or an answer please, I only want to fly what I paid for. If there is a MOD or something I am all ears, please help.

If my Harrier, A10a, A10C [all FC3 aircraft] and choppers all run well, then a lowly little Yak should fly Smooooth as butter.

What can I do, what does it take please?

Thank you friends☺

• Like 2

Well, as i wrote I fly ALL the FC3 aircraft, all choppers, and the Harrier [smooth as butter], A10C etc without these issues, so no it is not just my settings.

Once again, I can fly smooth in all other aircraft EXCEPT for the also-unfinished and unoptimized F14, F16, and F18 [all ED purchases...]. But then I hop in he Yak and its stuttery low fps...

So once again, no, not my settings.

One commonality is that the aircraft I own that have these same low fps and stutter issues are all ED aircraft.

All still 'early access' even well over a year out. All with other posts declaring them as unfinished, unoptimized and needing serious help such as LODs...

If it helps I am flying 2.5.5 in WMR VR, Odyessy+, RTX2080, Ryzen 5 and all other aircraft run well enough unlike this Yak, f-16 & F18..

Anyway, will I be looking back at this post in another 6 months of not being able to enjoy my purchase from the year before last year again?

And wondering if I should bother to post asking yet again knowing I will only be told it must be me and not ED even though many others wasted their time and money like this as well?

Are there any REAL answers?

And they think I am going to BUY anything else from them ever again with $200 worth of unfinished aircraft collecting dust after 2 years☺---HA!

• Like 1

Well, do you feel better now that you had a good cry?

Nobody's disputing your experience, but if you're flying solo it is odd you would have any FPS issues. I have flown with other Yaks about in limited numbers, and dual seating, amd didn't have any significant issue. I have heard the LOD issue before, but with a system like yours (and mine) I would expect it takes more than just one or two around to have issue, as I've also had them as static objects nearby and not had issue. All bs aside, the Yak isn't THAT badly optimised.

It sounds like some particular quirk of your system, tbh, possibly exacerbated by the Yak's issues. Considering you've got a decent system, I assume you're also running a SSD? That's the only thing offhand I could think of that is a common source of stuttering.

F-14 is not an ED aircraft, btw, that's HeatBlur, it's also the most demanding aircraft in.the game currently and has minimum reqs well above the norm. Nature of the beast. I would also question whether or not you really know what ''optimised'' means, and if you're not one of those guys that flings that word around expecting magic ;)

Edited by zhukov032186

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

Well, do you feel better now that you had a good cry?

Nobody's disputing your experience, but if you're flying solo it is odd you would have any FPS issues. I have flown with other Yaks about in limited numbers, and dual seating, amd didn't have any significant issue. I have heard the LOD issue before, but with a system like yours (and mine) I would expect it takes more than just one or two around to have issue, as I've also had them as static objects nearby and not had issue. All bs aside, the Yak isn't THAT badly optimised.

It sounds like some particular quirk of your system, tbh, possibly exacerbated by the Yak's issues. Considering you've got a decent system, I assume you're also running a SSD? That's the only thing offhand I could think of that is a common source of stuttering.

F-14 is not an ED aircraft, btw, that's HeatBlur, it's also the most demanding aircraft in.the game currently and has minimum reqs well above the norm. Nature of the beast. I would also question whether or not you really know what ''optimised'' means, and if you're not one of those guys that flings that word around expecting magic ;)

No, not really. ☺

I have only been involved with computers since Pong, and CGI FX's startup working every summer block buster since JP. We used many Amiga 4ks at first there.

But hey, what would I know compared to you since it runs great for you, right? I mean, that's what I posted right, was asking who's PC ran it great on?

I've only worked on ground breaking things for film and games for almost 30 years, so what is my staggering level of ignorance compared to your vast grasp of all things having nothing to do with what I spoke to? Verily I am but a worm and have no right to have posted within the shadow of your presence. The fault lay with me surely.

And before you ask, since you are being so very helpful and respectful:

- Cycling down the modem didn't help.

- Changing the oil in my truck is no help either.

- I am in the right house, on the right PC and currently facing the monitor, so that's not the issue either before you recommend those things to try too.

Plus I can run EVERYTHING touted as 'demanding' nearly flawlessly on my rig, including the large number of DCS aircraft that I already listed above while asking what I did ask. You know, the aircraft that were done right, the aircraft that are completed and that are optimized.

[[ Think hard, rhymes with FC3 aircraft, Harrier, F5, A10C etc,,, ]]

Nope, must not just be me or my quirky system. Looks like it might possibly be the Yak, F-16 and F18. Like I first posted. Which are admittedly unfinished. Some for years now. Which has been the topic of MANY a thread for years now.

Plus, I never asked anyone who could run the Yak wonderfully on their systems for their personal experiences with them, or to start a pissing match with me over their ignorance levels or inability to read with comprehension above the 5th grade level.

Now, anyone out there who does know what they are talking about please, have I missed some post or release or MOD info somewhere that can answer my initial post's question please?☺

• Like 3

Fair point on the tone of the message above yours, but, it might have been better ignoring it and spending the time you spent responding on saying exactly what is wrong? With data, with a track or mission to reproduce. It might be something in the mission, the location and the terrain, an object, it might be something explainable, since others don't have that issue, and I can certainly view the Yak model and don't have any framerate drop when looking at it. I find in 2D all the modules are within 10% of each other for frames based on a look at more than ten types of them as I was recently doing some FPS tests and checking precisely that. Even a quick video, all cards come with basic free recording software and YT is free, but I'm left clueless with no data to work on as a reader wanting to help.

• Like 1

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

That was a very lengthy response to a one sentence needling, and as expected you are, of course, a film/industry/whatever expert etc lol I have an amaaaazing knack to always encounter such people! Your flare for the dramatic supports the idea of a career in theater, though.

Regardless, the rest of my post was not intended in any off manner, and still stands. The Yak has known issues, but they are not so severe to cause problems outside certain circumstances. Your computer is powerful enough those should not be issues for the most part, likewise for optimisation in general. The Yak is not ''barely flyable''. The SSD remark was not a dig, people using HDDs is an extremely common source of stutters at regular intervals. Tis a valid suggestion.

All those things noted, and considering the lack of useful details and abundance of drama, that leaves a few possible things:

#1 Something about the mission (too much stuff, too many Yaks, busy mp server, etc)

#2 Grpahic settings, possibly? Despite your proclamations of badassery, if your PC is being stretched thin (probable in VR) it could potentially be ''on the line'' in some fashion where it's pegging out in one aircraft or scenario but not another . Also, your PC while decent is nothing crushingly powerful, either, so it's safe to say you're not able to peak out on everything, considering the nature lf VR. Certain settings are known killers, like shadows (which seemingly have little visual difference but hammer performance above ''low'')

#3 Something in your PC acting up or causing issue somehow

#4 You're just dramatic (certainly a factor, though how much we don't yet know)

Edited by zhukov032186
  • Like 1

Fair point on the tone of the message above yours, but, it might have been better ignoring it and spending the time you spent responding on saying exactly what is wrong? With data, with a track or mission to reproduce. It might be something in the mission, the location and the terrain, an object, it might be something explainable, since others don't have that issue, and I can certainly view the Yak model and don't have any framerate drop when looking at it. I find in 2D all the modules are within 10% of each other for frames based on a look at more than ten types of them as I was recently doing some FPS tests and checking precisely that. Even a quick video, all cards come with basic free recording software and YT is free, but I'm left clueless with no data to work on as a reader wanting to help.

Honestly I pretty much posted the criteria. It does not matter map, time of day, mission clutter etc. I have posted my rig of RTX 2080/Ryzen 5/SD etc so often that it does not matter because that only 'every-time' stimulates the endless repeat posts from people answering & claiming even this rig is not enough for DCS's ancient single-core code etc..

* Which is no answer to my question to begin with, anymore than grandma's chocolate chip cookie recipe.☺

If I fly a mission in ANY FC3 aircraft, or chopper, or F5, or A10C or Harrier [the smoothest performing non FC3 Aircraft I own BTW ] etc, then I get a smooth and as close to stutter free flight as is possible for DCS's ancient spaghetti code {Ed's words from their Reddit article last month, not mine].

__----> Which, TIME-OUT - Why cannot all the over-priced and poor preforming DCS aircraft run as butter-Smooooth and bug free as the Harrier from many years ago?

* Answer, there is no excuse, they all should. Especially a simple-basic kite like the Yak that is now several years old!☺ -----<☺

But, again, IF I go into the map editor and replace said 'any other' aircraft with the Yak or the F-16 or F18 I will, every time without fail, since the Yak/F16/F18 came out - suffer approx 30+% fps hit and much greater stutters.

No matter what.

Year in and year out.

Now I know that whenever I post I will have to invest about 60% of my time working through responses that really do not come close to being answers to my thread based, but instead are some just wanting to help by burying me in guesswork. The time waste is not fun, but I get a right-heart trying to be kind, so I appreciate that. Almost better than nothing, am I right?☺

But with this said, my post is soliciting help from those that are actually answering my question with reality and experience based info.

So, I am seeking IF anyone has heard of a MOD that completes the Yak seeing as I continue to read posts from others that ED admits the Yak is not finalized or optimized just yet. Along with pretty much all the aircraft they have released for about 2 years now.... Their words and obvious common sense, so please do not hijack my thread to debate the obvious there either please.

SO, with that said there is no reason for me to defend for 32 responses that the Yak is not finished or Optimized yet, and yes, there are known and unfixed for years issues with its performance.

And before I am bombarded by someone telling me it is hard coded and impossible to MOD or fix etc, I submit that a community modder has released a VR Shader pack for free, that completes what ED couldn't find a free afternoon to supply us VR pilots with in the last 3 years.

Serious as a heart attack; this MODDER rewrote DCS VR shaders in a weekend, and it is the BEST thing I have seen for DCS/Lomac in about 15 years.☺ So yes, it can be done by the community since ED has released they are focusing over 95% of their efforts for the next 18 months towards PayWare only, and not on any goals for performance repairs or boots.

So, back to my initial question pretty please,

Has anyone heard tell of a Mod to help Yak performance, or an actual ED release stating they plan of finishing it sooner than in the next 36 months, or are there any YAK tweaks some kind soul would please share here with us or so, etc please☺

• Like 1

Sorry don’t know any mods

Everyone just flies so there’s one Yak at a time to avoid the LOD issues, that’s the best fix. Have your Yak be the only Yak.

But if your issue is as bad as you say it is for F-18, and F-16, ever thought about opening a support ticket? Haven’t seen your computer specs, that would help figure out if maybe something in your system is the limit, again Support could help you, You have a RTX 2080 so you should nt have a problem unless your running max settings with a Pimax.

I know you think people commenting on your hardware is “as useful as grandmas chocloate chip recipe,” but it really does help people help you, and no matter the severity of the issue if you provide all your specs and logs to support they will go through it thoroughly.

I’m not a modder but I have never seen a LOD mod or computer saving prop mod, it really is something we will have to wait for. There’s lots of talented models out there but they can’t do anything

Edited by AeriaGloria

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

Dear me, you're verbose.

I started to try to be helpful just now, then realised you're more interested in prattling pretentious nonsense than in receiving aid... so have it! Welcome to the forums, you'll fit in great

About shader patch - to each his own. I tried it myself as well, because it was said to help with performance for 2D users as well. Bumped the framerate somewhat indeed, but visual deterioration was so bad that I removed it shortly afterwards. I read it doesn't universally help all VR players either, depending on headset used. In either case, I'm not surprised ED hasn't adopted the same approach and God forbid they do so if it would mean the same visual hit.

As for the Yak, I haven't seen any fps mods for it either. It's never been very popular product amongst DCS customers and thus neither modders... nor ED it seems pay much attention to it, sadly. The only official word we've got is they plan to bring it to out-of-early-access status this year - make of it what you will.

• Like 1

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

Sorry don’t know any mods

Everyone just flies so there’s one Yak at a time to avoid the LOD issues, that’s the best fix. Have your Yak be the only Yak.

But if your issue is as bad as you say it is for F-18, and F-16, ever thought about opening a support ticket? Haven’t seen your computer specs, that would help figure out if maybe something in your system is the limit, again Support could help you, You have a RTX 2080 so you should nt have a problem unless your running max settings with a Pimax.

I know you think people commenting on your hardware is “as useful as grandmas chocloate chip recipe,” but it really does help people help you, and no matter the severity of the issue if you provide all your specs and logs to support they will go through it thoroughly.

I’m not a modder but I have never seen a LOD mod or computer saving prop mod, it really is something we will have to wait for. There’s lots of talented models out there but they can’t do anything

Thank you.

To answer you I have previously posted my RTX2080, Ryzen 5, SSD but then all you get is a slew of guessers offering I should update. If those guesses held merit then my included and often repeated information that I can fly all FC3 aircraft, Harrier, F5 etc without these issues really does supply the need for me not to have to chase the usual 20 "must be your system/specs guesswork", which seeing as I fly all other aircraft well, then no it is not my specs.

You see, I thank you for your kind answer. You cared and you tried and I appreciate this.Didn't help me, but now I know a few more things for all my efforts here☺.

Now from my perspective:

I post "Does anyone have any info on, Know any good mods or tweaks for etc?"

Simple question.

But..

To this I get over a dozen people guessing, hijacking my question thread into a specs circular argument. numbnuts declaring they have no similar issues, as if I asked anything that rhymes with any of that; therefor it must be me all crazy,and lastly dummies who throw down because how dare anyone dissent their DCS gods as imperfect?

You know, it gets really old guys. Tighten up and grow up.

Honestly, I asked a simply question.

About a dozen showed they did not have the reading comprehension of a fifth grader, many more took my question away and derailed it for specs and personal affronts.... Not a lot of intelligence or good character on display here.☺

So, here we are. A few good men read with comprehension, a few cared to offer help. Thank you. To the rest of you with sore widdle tummies, you are the problem with these forums. Nobody needs your guesses, attacks, or hijackings. If you don't have a clue then avoiding advertising said cluelessness makes you look a little better. That's really good advise not to mistreat others as you majority have.

You are welcome.

Still waiting after about 2 years for ED to COMPLETE the Yak and fix the bugs. I am hoping that some kind MODDER out there takes the afternoon to FIX what ED should have almost 2 years ago. Hint-Hint

• Like 1

Well you’re not going to like me probably now becuase I think you’ve pretty much self sabotaged any help you could get.

If your having performance issues posting the full specs of your computer, RAM, monitor resolution or VR headset, SSD size, there is so much stuff you have to supply if you need help about a performance related issue. Ryzen 5s have bee made for a long time, SSDs come in all sizes, even information like power supply tells a lot to people TRYING to help you!

If you want to judge someone’s ability to help before deciding they are noble enough To share 3 components of your computer with, then of course you are not going to get much help.

It’s the same thing with support, provide your specs and they will help you, but without specs they can’t help you. So provide your specs if you want us to help you for free or give your specs to support to get the support that comes with the product you paid for.

So sorry not sorry I’m out of here, you won’t help us help you, and if you won’t do anything else like reach support or post more then 3 specs or even logs, that’s all on you. FWIW I think everyone responded to you courteously with respect and honestly tried to help you but you denied their help and went off about how crap people are. So yeah I hope you get your problem fixed, but I won’t have anything to do with it.

Yes people on the internet can be a little rough, that’s a known fact and ranting about it and how the people trying to help you exemplify your idea of internet idiots in no way moves the situation forward for anyone’s sake

Edited by AeriaGloria
  • Like 1

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

I find the yak very flyable, and surprisingly fun. That being said, there s ems much left to finish on it, and it's confusing that arguably EDs least complicated aircraft has been incomplete for so long. Additionally, I really don't understand the logic behind not having an armed version as an option.

For reference, I fly on stable, single player only. I9-9900k, RTX2070 FE , ROG Maximus, 32g ram, and a HTC Vive

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] DCS: The most expensive free game you'll ever play

Modules: All of them

System:

I9-9900k, ROG Maximus , 32gb ram, RTX2070 Founder's Edition, t16000,hotas, pedals & cougar MFD, HP Reverb 1.2, HTC VIVE

Probably because it's really hard to find accurate flying charts of that, the flight model would be totally inaccurate.

Why do you say that, or was it sarcasm that I missed? Unlike many of the planes in DCS, the yak-52 is not uncommon in civil aviation

• Like 2

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] DCS: The most expensive free game you'll ever play

Modules: All of them

System:

I9-9900k, ROG Maximus , 32gb ram, RTX2070 Founder's Edition, t16000,hotas, pedals & cougar MFD, HP Reverb 1.2, HTC VIVE

not having an armed version as an option

IIRC it wasn't a real option. You see pics of 2 underwing rocket pods attached, but I think that was just a test that never went into production. Correct me if I'm wrong though.

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.

Just bought this and I’m enjoying it, although I do like GA stuff in other sims. The external model and cockpit are great, I like the FM and sounds.

I can understand why people are frustrated that it hasn’t been worked on in a while and feel not finishing it is a bit of an own goal for ED but it’s far from unusable as is.

• Like 1

• ED Team

As mentioned in other threads the team are aware of issues and plan to have the Yak-52 feature complete this year.

We have just resolved some issues with multicrew and are working on other issues.

As we progress we will pass on more details but it is going to be later in the year.

thanks

• Thanks 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• 1 year later...
  • ED Team
30 minutes ago, spinaker said:

Later in the year have happened long time ago. Lots of modules are produced, lots announced. How is the progress with Як-52?

yes long overdue, the team is aware. As soon as there is free dev time we hope to give the yak-52 some love.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2