[REPORTED]Scenery Remove Objects Zone - Does Not Remove (Bug or WIP)?

SUNTSAG

Hi All,

I have noticed that creating a zone for the removal of scenery, does not function as an actual removal of objects action. It looks more like a "you won't be able to see objects zone". If you want to place alternative items where a building previously stood, then this happens (please refer to the images below).

It is a welcome addition to the mission builders tool box but is this a WIP scenario or a bug? If it's neither, it does not really give us the functionality I was anticipating. By the way this is not a complaint just simply an observation and genuine enquiry. Thank you for your time. :thumbup:

attachment.php?attachmentid=181302&stc=1&d=1521539985

attachment.php?attachmentid=181303&stc=1&d=1521539985

attachment.php?attachmentid=181304&stc=1&d=1521539985

Edited by BIGNEWY
TITLE

Callsign: NAKED

My YouTube Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• ED Team

Thanks for the report SUNTSAG

Not sure if it is W.I.P or a bug but ED have the report now.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

If you place the new building just off to the side of the old one very slightly it will stay on the ground, it only does that when you place it right on top of the old building. It takes a little trial and error to work out how far you have to move it but its easily done. As a rule of thumb if you place the square of the new one just over half way off the square of the old one you should get the right result.

Here is an example of it, the rather ugly old Restaurant building at Batumi removed and replaced with one of VP's buildings, plus a few extra's:

Screen_180320_195138.thumb.png.d904d212f777e22133f989461a2d5864.png

Screen_180320_195404.thumb.png.01d0e83b4179e4b85a56794a56e7d190.png

Spirits.....? Aliens.....? Nope street lights in the removal zone. Sorry I simply had to add this image it made me chuckle when I stumbled across it.

Hi crazyeddie,

You are right that is possible but I would like to use the footprint left behind particularly when a road joins it. Thank you for highlighting it though much appreciated. :thumbup:

attachment.php?attachmentid=181461&stc=1&d=1521754362

Callsign: NAKED

My YouTube Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

When only removing trees, the results are not restricted to only the defined trigger zone, in neither shape nor size:

attachment.php?attachmentid=185357&stc=1&d=1527269316

The light colored splotches around the tigger zones are the areas actually cleared of trees.

Each of the trigger zones (Exp 1 - Exp 14) has a radius of 75 feet.

Each SCENERY REMOVE OBJECTS ZONE action is preceded by an EXPLOSION action with ALTITUDE 1 VOLUME 100, but the EXPLOSION actions are only for visual and acoustic effects, as they actually do nothing to trees.

Mission attached.

Screen_180524_205121.thumb.png.6f358faa88dac7bc8162f138a5b10228.png

Cauc WWII Remove Trees Test.miz

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

Thank you for fixing this in the latest release. It now works in SP very well.....I haven't tried MP yet. :thumbup:

I wouldn't be so bold as to make that statement.

At least as far as trees are concerned, AI ground vehicles will not drive through areas cleared of trees, as if the trees were still present. Player controlled vehicles can drive through such areas, and there are no collisions.

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

I was only testing for SP, so I have no idea about MP.

First off, "trees" are NOT all the same, and I'm talking Caucasus map here. Most trees you can drive and shoot right through them. There are however some small trees which at least block movement. And these small trees are not removed through Scenery Remove Objects Zone.

attachment.php?attachmentid=186420&stc=1&d=1528030002

Here's the screenshot of an area I cleared of trees. The trees used to connect the woods on this side of the stream (which you can just make out crossing the center of the screenshot going from left-to-right).

A couple of yards in front of the AAV-7 you see a post with a white can on top and just behind it across the stream you see another. These marked the edge of the trees, before they were removed. Between these two posts you can recognize three scorch marks from three explosion volumes I added to the targets used in the Scenery Remove Objects Zone commands to remove the trees, which I added for graphical effects. All those small trees you see anywhere near between the two posts were not removed by the Scenery Remove Objects Zone commands, and also are the only trees which block vehicles, both before and after the Scenery Remove Objects Zone commands.

Beyond this, AI vehicles with a path of waypoints passing between the two posts are ignored by AI. Instead AI leads the AI vehicles way off to the left, crosses the trees at some point and then return back down stream skirting along the right bank of the stream, although the AI ought to have simply crossed the cleared area and headed straight for the stream, even if it refuses to cross the stream here.

The debacle with stream crossing is for a matter for a different thread, but suffice to say, it's absolutely ridiculous and shameful that ED even released the way it is currently working, or to be more exact, not working.

Screen_180603_144130.thumb.jpg.9af917d6862b9cfc1c31e91d535daadf.jpg

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler