Night vision googles for the C-101 pilot?

Vyrtuoz

I was wondering if, for the sake of multi-role operations, the C-101 pilot would be able to use night vision googles. Let’s say, like a Huey pilot…

I don’t know if this is the case in real life, but I don’t think this would break the realism in the worst case. It could be quite fun to hunt down drug dealers trucks by night in deep mountains valleys using this little bird!

This is a feature I would like to see more often in DCS World aircrafts…

tacview-signature-512x128x24.png

I wonder if this might be added as a general mod, rather than a plane-specific feature. It might already be a mod, for all I know - I haven't searched for it.

That would allow one to retrofit NVG on any aircraft, since, as Tango notes, it's independent of aircraft IRL.

I think an Su-25 with NVG could be interesting, as well :)

I think an Su-25 with NVG could be interesting, as well :)

That would be awesome to get NVG with the C-101 ;)

Dear Friends, I'm very sorry for this little off topic, but SU-25A with NVG is possible via a small lua tweak.

It is a huge help for night CAS with the Frogfoot.

Add these 3 lines at LINE 59 in the file :

...\DCS World\Mods\aircraft\Flaming Cliffs\Input\su-25\keyboard\default.lua

{combos = {{key = 'H', reformers = {'RShift'}}} , down = iCommandViewNightVisionGogglesOn , name = _('Night Vision Goggles') , category = _('Sensors')},

{combos = {{key = 'H', reformers = {'RShift','RCtrl'}}}, pressed = iCommandPlane_Helmet_Brightess_Up , name = _('Night Vision Goggles Gain Up') , category = _('Sensors')},

{combos = {{key = 'H', reformers = {'RShift','RAlt'}}} , pressed = iCommandPlane_Helmet_Brightess_Down, name = _('Night Vision Goggles Gain Down'), category = _('Sensors')},

Screen_150218_180341.jpg

Edited by Lilkiki

Maybe you could even add the system, I don't know how C-101 is structured but for F86 if you add:

devices["HELMET_DEVICE"] = counter() -- 17

in devices.lua at the end and:

creators[devices.HELMET_DEVICE] = {"avNightVisionGoggles"}

in device_init.lua just after line 85

and of course the keybord commands Lilkiki mentioned above... you have NVG.

like in this older picture :D

s33g46.png

I also have the NVG mod...

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

Good job!

Indeed, I would like the NVG to be an officially universal feature available to all aircrafts without having to hack the scripts... I think that, in the worst case, this is up to the user to know if he/she wants to use them or not depending of the era the flight is taking place in.

tacview-signature-512x128x24.png

Works great....thanks for doing this.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]WIN 10, i7 10700, 32GB DDR4, RTX 2080 Super, Crucial 1TB SSD, Samsung EVO 850 500GB SSD, TM Warthog with 10cm extension, TIR5, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Wheelstand Pro, LG 40" 4K TV, Razer Black Widow Ultimate KB[/size]