ETA for Caucasus 2.1?

finch

To be honest I'm quite interested in what we will see first, F-18C or 2.5. Both are equally appealing. :)

Do, or do not, there is no try.

--------------------------------------------------------

Sapphire Nitro+ Rx Vega 64, i7 4790K ... etc. etc.

Not ETA actually, awaiting official news, expected Mid-Late 2017

I would temper those expectations a little bit. I know they are working as fast as possible but Mid 2017 starts in 2 days.

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

I would temper those expectations a little bit. I know they are working as fast as possible but Mid 2017 starts in 2 days.

but... as I have read somewere here, the Normandy map was made from an outsourcing team, I hope that ED in the meantime worked on the Caucasus (if ED is making it) so maybe in some months we can have an alpha... more testers speed up the bug-find process...

I'm really looking forward to 2.5, but I hope they make 2.1 run as smooth as 1.5 before they merge everything. I'm not entirely happy with the Normandy performance at the moment.

You do realize that the Normandy was just released to Alpha Early Access? ED will tweak its performance a lot in the coming weeks and months. It isn't supoosed to run perfectly yet, hence Early Access.

DCS Finland | SF squadron

but... as I have read somewere here, the Normandy map was made from an outsourcing team, I hope that ED in the meantime worked on the Caucasus (if ED is making it) so maybe in some months we can have an alpha... more testers speed up the bug-find process...

From what Wags said, works on other maps were on hold until Normandy was ready for Early access.

We can only guess how much was done for Caucasus before they decided to finish Normandy first. I do remember that there were images of how the new map will look. Ultimately it was decided to not only upgrade the map to new engine but also build it up to a new standard from a quality level too.

Personally I would not expect 2.5 before next summer.

Next year sounds, I hate to say it, realistic. I keep repeating myself, but the Merge can't get here soon enough, this splitting of DCS World into different branches is a nightmare and has slowed development of improvements to a crawl.

I hope Im wrong though, I hope they decide to keep it simple with the Caucassus upgrade, to get to the merge sooner and to keep it performing at an adequate level.

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

Next year sounds, I hate to say it, realistic. I keep repeating myself, but the Merge can't get here soon enough, this splitting of DCS World into different branches is a nightmare and has slowed development of improvements to a crawl.

I hope Im wrong though, I hope they decide to keep it simple with the Caucassus upgrade, to get to the merge sooner and to keep it performing at an adequate level.

At least we can look forward to F-14, F-18 and Harrier release still happening this year. I think that these three airplanes will keep me busy for a long time until the A-7 will drop.

I'm quite optimistic, I've already removed 1.5 ob and the caucasus is gone... making room for the future updates on my tiny SSD.

I'm enjoying a new flight experience in Nevada, the only issue is the chronic lack of players in MP.

I hope the new Caucasus will be a fantastic Christmas gift

MainMenulogo.png.6e3b585a30c5c1ba684bc2d91f3e37f0.png

ACER Predator Orion 9000: W10H | Intel i9-7900X OC@4.5Ghz | 8x16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport | Sapphire GTX1080TI | Intel 900P 480GB | Intel 600P 256GB | HP EX950 1TB | Seagate Firecuda 2TB

ACER Predator XB281HK: 28" TN G-SYNC 4K@60hz

ThrustMaster Warthog Hotas, TPR, MFD Cougar Pack, HP Reverb Pro

I too have deleted 1.5. Hopefully for good.

• Like 1

Yup! Deleted 1.5 as well. Cannot go back to the old engine. Bring on the caucasus in 2.5. Looking forward to flying through the terrain and seeing the upgrades.

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|

Is it only me that like 1.5 better?

Stable. Much shorter loading time.

Better aircraft physics. In 1.5 you have to work rudder hard during TO (FW190 - P51).

In Nevada and Normandy no rudder input needed. (Have checked that help is disabled).

Please keep the 1.5 alive. In addition to 2.0

:joystick:

I prefer 1.5 atm too, and its silky smooth.

Too many issues in 2.1. Very unpolished. Ton of potential, so looking forward to a more polished state.

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

The devs need feedback by the users to squash bugs and go on with development: if all we remain playing with 1.5, who will report bugs? After all 2.1 is Alpha (a step near internal developing version), I think that use it to discover bugs is an approach to go faster versus 2.5 Stable release...

MainMenulogo.png.6e3b585a30c5c1ba684bc2d91f3e37f0.png

ACER Predator Orion 9000: W10H | Intel i9-7900X OC@4.5Ghz | 8x16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport | Sapphire GTX1080TI | Intel 900P 480GB | Intel 600P 256GB | HP EX950 1TB | Seagate Firecuda 2TB

ACER Predator XB281HK: 28" TN G-SYNC 4K@60hz

ThrustMaster Warthog Hotas, TPR, MFD Cougar Pack, HP Reverb Pro

i'll be happy when we go down to only one install - save some space on my SSD!

It is unlikely that ED will abandon the Open Beta idea so two installs will likely exist for the foreseeable future.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

I am coming back to DCS after a long break. Those training missions are great for getting back into startup/shutdown etc. Is it reasonable to figure that when Caucasus is on the new engine that all those tuts/missions/campaigns will be there too?