Simpit Software from SDA

HJPuhlmann

JG14_Smil

I think that your suggestion might work, but the Ikarus profile does not show up on my second screen when the game loads. All I get is a black screen with the radar in the upper left. I had this issue with the Viggen, but know the Viggen Ikarus profile does show- I just cannot recall what I did to do that. I am running on full screen at 1920+1920x1080

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

JG14_Smil

I guess it would help if I use the correct Export file. Now everything works great. I have Ikarus on my second screen with a dash in the background box and the radar in the upper right of my second screen.

For Ikarus, x=1921, y=0

for the game resolution, I use 3840x1080 and for the location of the radar, I use:

RIGHT_MFCD =

{

x = 3273;

y = 0;

width = 498;

height = 403;

}

So all is good. I assume that this should also work for the Su-33.

Edited by sobe
upper right

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

Very simple fix. I should have thought of it sooner.

Simply change the DCS IDs In the Instrumentation tab. Switch 84 and 85 around to make needles correct.

:thumbup:

Simpit Software by SDA "SIMPIT DEVELOPER ASSOCIATION"

https://github.com/s-d-a/DAC, https://github.com/H-J-P/Ikarus/releases/latest, https://github.com/s-d-a/DCS-ExportScripts, Deutsches Forum, English Forum

MSI Z270; INTEL Core i7-7700K, 4x 4,8GHz, Quad-Core "Kaby Lake", GeForce GTX 1080 Ti, TrackIR 5 Pro, TM HOTAS Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win 10 x64 Pro, 3 x SSD

keep it simple ... the 1000 small things ...

I changed it now, on my side. But the error could also be in the script or in the module documentation. We'll see.

Thanks Smil

Edited by H-J-P

https://github.com/s-d-a/DAC, https://github.com/H-J-P/Ikarus/releases/latest, https://github.com/s-d-a/DCS-ExportScripts, Deutsches Forum, English Forum

MSI Z270; INTEL Core i7-7700K, 4x 4,8GHz, Quad-Core "Kaby Lake", GeForce GTX 1080 Ti, TrackIR 5 Pro, TM HOTAS Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win 10 x64 Pro, 3 x SSD

• 5 weeks later...

In principle this could work. Ikarus can do this without problems.

By the way, this is more of a question for McMicha and his Export - script.

Thanks devs, this is great. I tried to submit a PR to fix your install docs, but long story short I'll just post it here:

BN4TYSx.png

DCS Wishlist: | Navy F-14 | Navy F/A-18 | AH-6 | Navy A-6 | Official Navy A-4 | Carrier Ops | Dynamic Campaign | Marine AH-1 |

Streaming DCS sometimes:

I need to have some panels displayed by my main computer, and other panels displayed on a secondary computer on the same LAN. Do you know if IKARUS can send and receive data to both computers? If not, can Helios and Ikarus work together?

Hello BaD CrC,

currently we do not support to supply any more installations of ikarus with data.

We are currently considering a solution for the future.

Helios and Ikarus should be able to work together.

You have to rename the Helios Export script (for example HELIOSExport. lua). Copy this file to the Scripts folder.

Then enter the following in the Export. lua file of DCS-ExportScript

dofile(lfs.writedir()..[[scripts\HELIOSExport.lua]])

this entry must be before the entry of the ExportScript.lua.

But I didn't try that.

CU Micha

• DCS ExportScript
  • D.A.C. DCS to Arcaze Communicator
  • Ikarus a new Virtual Cockpit Software

Deutscher Forums Thread

English Forums Thread

Hard/Software: AMD Ryzen 7 1800X, 32 GiB RAM, extra SSD for Windows 10 and DCS World, AMD Vega Frontier Edition with 16 GiB VRAM

Thanks McMicha. Actually I tried to run my helios profile on my main computer and added the do file for Ikarus . I then set up the ip adress of my second computer in the configuration.lua It looks like both were working fine. I am using exports.lua from Captain Zeen.

You mean you are not supporting Ikarus anymore?

Sorry for the misunderstanding.

The ExportScript can only provide one installation of Ikarus with data, not two or more installations on different computers.

• DCS ExportScript

Deutscher Forums Thread

English Forums Thread

Hard/Software: AMD Ryzen 7 1800X, 32 GiB RAM, extra SSD for Windows 10 and DCS World, AMD Vega Frontier Edition with 16 GiB VRAM

Oooh. Ok. But that's fine as long as Incan run both helios and ikarus. I am struggling still a lot with ikarus as to what I can display with it. I need the uh-1h pedestal and overhead for example, but only the front panel pilot and copilot shows up when it connects. Ikarus do support touch screens for flipping switches, right?

McMicha

I have some questions on your post 261:

You have to rename the Helios Export script (for example HELIOSExport. lua). DONE

Copy this file to the Scripts folder. I assume that you mean to copy the new HELIOSEXPORT.LUA file to the Scripts folder so now the scripts folder contains the following:

DCS-ExportScripts Ikarus folder

Export.lua Ikarus export file

HELIOSExport.lua file. Helios file

IS THAT CORRECT?

Code:

I am confused as to where the dofile goes as there is no Export file in the folder DCS-ExportScripts only in the parent Scripts folder?

this entry must be before the entry of the ExportScript.lua. Could you please clarify this statement as to its location.

Edited by sobe

Ikarus - Exports not working

Hi

I have downloaded the files and saved the folder into the saved file structure. I have then appended the line into my existing export.lua. I have positioned the front panel onto my 3rd monitor, started DCS but I get no export to the gauges; nothing at all.

I have tried this is both 1.5 and 2.1. Clearly I have done something wrong but not sure what? Can anyone offer some advise please.

Thanks

Neal

Desktop PC:

Intel i7 14700K, MSI Z790 MAG Tomahawk MOBO, 64Gb RAM , GPU Nvidia RTX 3080ti

Windows 11, VPC joystick, Crosswind rudder peddles, HP Reverb G2, VPC Collective, DOF Reality H2, Gametrix seat, WinWing panels.

McMicha

I have some questions on your post 261:

You have to rename the Helios Export script (for example HELIOSExport. lua). DONE

Copy this file to the Scripts folder. I assume that you mean to copy the new HELIOSEXPORT.LUA file to the Scripts folder so now the scripts folder contains the following:

DCS-ExportScripts Ikarus folder

Export.lua Ikarus export file

HELIOSExport.lua file. Helios file

IS THAT CORRECT?

That's the right way.

Code:

I am confused as to where the dofile goes as there is no Export file in the folder DCS-ExportScripts only in the parent Scripts folder?

this entry must be before the entry of the ExportScript.lua. Could you please clarify this statement as to its location.

Original "Export.lua" file.

-- load the DCS ExportScript for DAC and Ikarus 
dofile(lfs.writedir()..[[scripts\DCS-ExportScript\ExportScript.lua]]

Changed "Export.lua" file.

-- load the HELIOS Export Script
dofile(lfs.writedir()..[[scripts\HELIOSExport.lua]]
-- load the DCS ExportScript for DAC and Ikarus 
dofile(lfs.writedir()..[[scripts\DCS-ExportScript\ExportScript.lua]]

• DCS ExportScript

Deutscher Forums Thread

English Forums Thread

Hi

I have downloaded the files and saved the folder into the saved file structure. I have then appended the line into my existing export.lua. I have positioned the front panel onto my 3rd monitor, started DCS but I get no export to the gauges; nothing at all.

I have tried this is both 1.5 and 2.1. Clearly I have done something wrong but not sure what? Can anyone offer some advise please.

Thanks

Neal

Hello Bluethornton,

Is there an error message in the log file?

C:\Users\<USER>\Saved Games\DCS\Logs\DCS.log

Is there the following file and what does it contain?

C:\Users\<USER>\Saved Games\DCS\Logs\Export.log

What other export script / program do you use?

Please test only with the DCS ExportScript for Ikarus, so without your other script!

CU Micha

• DCS ExportScript

Deutscher Forums Thread

English Forums Thread

Hi Micha

Thankyou for your help. I checked my file structure and I had put the files in the wrong folder, once moved to the script folder it worked flawlessly.

Great programme!

Best regards

Neal

Desktop PC:

Intel i7 14700K, MSI Z790 MAG Tomahawk MOBO, 64Gb RAM , GPU Nvidia RTX 3080ti

Windows 11, VPC joystick, Crosswind rudder peddles, HP Reverb G2, VPC Collective, DOF Reality H2, Gametrix seat, WinWing panels.

I've installed Ikarus and the gauges work like a charm. I'm displaying Ikarus on a 24 inch touch screen and the touch events are slow to respond during the game. My machine is an i7 6700, 16GB of RAM and two Radeon RX 390X video cards in crossfire so this struck me as a bit odd that when I touch the screen to "flip a switch" it takes 2-3 seconds for it to register in the game and reflect it on the touchcreen. When I'm running ikarus outside of the game and touch the screen to "flip a switch" it happens almost instantly.

Looking for any advice on how to make it run faster when DCS is running.

Thanks in advance,

Mike

Hello,

we have again made a few improvements and bug fixes on our software.

DCS ExportScript

• Export of engine status lamps (start and afterburner) for MiG-29A/S/G and Su-27/33
  • Adjustments of Su-33 data due to the new PFM

Ikarus

• some optimizations and bugfixes, change to version 1.2.1.4e
  • Su-27/33 profiles equipped with Engine status lamps

DAC

• no modifications

The ExportScript is compatible to DCS World version 1.5.7 and 2.1.1.

CU Micha

• DCS ExportScript

Deutscher Forums Thread

English Forums Thread

Hello,

we have again made a few improvements and bug fixes on our software.

DCS ExportScript

• Export of engine status lamps (start and afterburner) for MiG-29A/S/G and Su-27/33
  • Adjustments of Su-33 data due to the new PFM

Ikarus

• some optimizations and bugfixes, change to version 1.2.1.4e
  • Su-27/33 profiles equipped with Engine status lamps

DAC

• no modifications

The ExportScript is compatible to DCS World version 1.5.7 and 2.1.1.

CU Micha

Great news, i will try asap:)

Do i have to install all new versions DAC Ikarus?

Thanks!!

Regards,

Wasserfall

Intel Core i5-9600K, Gigabyte Z390 AORUS PRO, 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro, Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2080 WINDFORCE 8G

Has anyone made a decent F-15C profile? The gauges are nice, but the switches are lacking in the default panel. I want to be able to control the radar functions and such without using the keyboard.

Intel I9 9900K, Asus Prime Z390-P, 32 GB GDDR4, GeForce RTX 2080, 1TB Samsung SDD, TM WartHog, Oculus Rift/TrackIR 5

Products: FC3/F-5/F-16/F-18/F-14/Persian Gulf/Nevada

Great news, i will try asap:)

Do i have to install all new versions DAC Ikarus?

Thanks!!

Regards,

Wasserfall

Hello Wasserfall,

please update the DCS ExportScript to the new version.

With Ikarus it should be enough if you replace the exe and pdb file with the new version, with DAC you can do the same.

At Ikarus you should also take a look at the changes to the profiles you use.

CU Micha

• DCS ExportScript

Deutscher Forums Thread

English Forums Thread