How do I release hydraulic pressure?

Reflected

To bleed the system either move the controls around or operate the air brake several times.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Know and use all the capabilities in your airplane. If you don't, sooner or later, some guy who does use them all will kick your ass.

— Dave 'Preacher' Pace, USN.

I believe so. Nothing in the manual says it will but I'm sure in the -1 there would be more details. If it is indeed held up by the hydraulic pressure than if the pressure was released it would theoretically drop.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Know and use all the capabilities in your airplane. If you don't, sooner or later, some guy who does use them all will kick your ass.

— Dave 'Preacher' Pace, USN.

If you don't care about raising the gear again you can pull the emergency gear release handle and all the doors will open.

Specs:

i9 10900K @ 5.1 GHz, EVGA GTX 1080Ti, MSI Z490 MEG Godlike, 32GB DDR4 @ 3600, Win 10, Samsung S34E790C, Vive, TIR5, 10cm extended Warthog on WarBRD, Crosswinds

Moving the controls around relieves the pressure, it doesnt drain all the fluids back into the hydraulics reservoir. Without looking at the hydraulic schematics, Id guess that the brakes have bleed valves or thermistors that will eventually bleed out when the aircraft settles or the oil cools. The pumps dont operate, but gravity still plays a role.

Intel 13900k @ 5.8ghz | 64gb GSkill Trident Z | MSI z790 Meg ACE| Zotac RTX4090 | Asus 1000w psu | Slaw RX Viper 2 pedals | VKB Gunfighter Mk3 MCE Ultimate + STECS/ Virpil MongoosT50+ MongoosT50CM | K-51 Collective + custom AH64D TEDAC | HP Reverb G2 | Windows 11 Pro | |Samsung Odyssey G9 | Next Level Racing Flight Seat Pro

The Boeing MQ-25A Sting Ray = Dirt Devil with wings
 My wallpaper and skins

• 1 month later...

The gear doors are opened by a groundcrew operated switch in the left main gear well according to the pilots notes.

The flight controls are on a different hydraulic system to the "Utility" devices. As far as I can tell, the doors should be up when the gear is down.

Collapsing the gear, with Emergency UP & MAY give them time to open before the gear folds & the nose hits the deck, but I don't think you want to do that ;)

Pilots notes (For the E model) here : http://aviationshoppe.com/manuals/f-86_flight_manual/f-86.html