Is there a release time for 2.5?

The_Pharoah

Just trying to figure out an approximate release time. As I'm in Aust, I"m assuming I will get the release on 1 Feb sometime or some ridiculous hour :)

AMD AM4 Ryzen7 3700X 3.6ghz/MSI AM4 ATX MAG X570 Tomahawk DDR4/32GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600mhz/1TB 970 Evo SSD/ASUS RTX2070 8gb Super

Ok thanks mate - likes like 1-3am my time.

NZ here so around 4am on the 1st. Just hoping it won't be a 6 hour download as I am going to get up real early for this one.

InWin S Frame with Asus Z170 | i7-6700K @ 4.5 Water Cooled CPU and Graphics | 16GB DDR4 | GTX1070 | 240GB M.2 SSD | Warthog Hotas | MFG Crosswind | 40" Samsung 4K | CV1 | Replica MB Mk10 Ejection Seat with Gametrix 908

Just trying to figure out an approximate release time. As I'm in Aust, I"m assuming I will get the release on 1 Feb sometime or some ridiculous hour :)

No, release time in Austria will still be on the 31 Jan in the afternoon.

Edited by QuiGon

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

The OT just wrote "Aust", so the release time depends on whether you use the "-ria" or "-ralia" suffix.

no-kangaroos-in-austria.png

You're right. I just saw the 't' at the end and was thinking AUT. So it's not really clear what country is meant, although time zone talking points towards australia.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

I have a day off tomorrow, I would love to have it a little sooner than 4PM CET...

People that think that they'll get some proper playing in that one "work off" day on release are going to be disappointed, half the day you'll just be spending downloading and installing if the servers down't blow up.

Not to mention release day doesn't really count since the update won't be out at the time most people wake up in the morning.

Modules: A-10C I/II, F/A-18C, Mig-21Bis, M-2000C, AJS-37, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, P-47, FC3, SC, CA, WW2AP, CE2. Terrains: NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf, Syria

I don't know why, but I think it would be for most just better to wait for the weekend as there are many possible bugs or all that is causing trouble. As well the downloading peaks would be well maintained (even with P2P technology).

I can understand well that people who do youtube videos for work, are fighting to get early access to make videos as they are competing from audience and "I am first!" but that is the thing why publishers should release pre-versions for trusted broadcasters so they can make the videos days before and prepare them for the launch day release in week or two time.

The difference really is like going to a toy store and buy a new toy and start playing right away, vs going to a hobby store and buy a 1/48 scale model and wait to get home to assemble it so you can play with it... :D

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.