D

D

P51_Av_4407_DA_Merlin_p128_W.png

TYPE-Sound mod for P/T51

AVAILABLE-https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3068422/index.php

PROMO-Coming soon

SMALL PRINT-Not the same sound mod seen in early 2017 promo but better more refined , still some work to do hence beta version release , all future work / updates / releases for this particular sound mod will be found in this thread .

NOTE-NOT COMPATIBLE WITH OTHER SOUND MODS

Cheers

Jafa

Edited by jafa
  • Like 4

[sIGPIC]picture.php?albumid=1526&pictureid=9861[/sIGPIC]

Woohoo!!

Hardware: T-50 Mongoose, VKB STECS, Saitek 3 Throttle Quadrant, Homemade 32-function Leo Bodnar Button Box, MFG Crosswind Pedals Oculus Rift S

System Specs: MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS, RTX 3090, Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 32GB DDR4-3200, Samsung 860 EVO, Samsung 970 EVO 250GB

Modules: AH-64D, Ka-50, Mi-8MTV2, F-16C, F-15E, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-5E, P-51D, Spitfire Mk LF Mk. IXc, Bf-109K-4, Fw-190A-8

Maps: Normandy, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria

Listening to the sounds now!!

*starts making happy screeching noises*

So happy!!!

Edited by Magic Zach

Hardware: T-50 Mongoose, VKB STECS, Saitek 3 Throttle Quadrant, Homemade 32-function Leo Bodnar Button Box, MFG Crosswind Pedals Oculus Rift S

System Specs: MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS, RTX 3090, Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 32GB DDR4-3200, Samsung 860 EVO, Samsung 970 EVO 250GB

Modules: AH-64D, Ka-50, Mi-8MTV2, F-16C, F-15E, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-5E, P-51D, Spitfire Mk LF Mk. IXc, Bf-109K-4, Fw-190A-8

Just tested it. Nice work Jafa.

9./JG27

"If you can't hit anything, it's because you suck. If you get shot down, it's because you suck. You and me, we know we suck, and that makes it ok." - Worst person in all of DCS

"In the end, which will never come, we will all be satisifed... we must fight them on forum, we will fight them on reddit..." - Dunravin

It does I was just flying it online.

9./JG27

"If you can't hit anything, it's because you suck. If you get shot down, it's because you suck. You and me, we know we suck, and that makes it ok." - Worst person in all of DCS

"In the end, which will never come, we will all be satisifed... we must fight them on forum, we will fight them on reddit..." - Dunravin

Listening to the sounds now!!

*starts making happy screeching noises*

So happy!!!

Exactly how did you install this? Can it be put into saved games and if so how? Thanks TC

Win 10 Pro 64bit | Half X F/T Case | Corsair 1200AT ps | Asus ROG Maximums XIII Extreme | I9 11900K Clocked@4200 | Nepton 240 W/C | 64GB DDR4-3600 Gskill Mem | Asus 3080 gpu/8gb | SB-Z audio | Asus 32" 1440 Monitor | Winwing Super Tauras/Super Libra | Crosswind R/P | Track-ir-5 |

Exactly how did you install this? Can it be put into saved games and if so how? Thanks TC
I installed it like any other mod, using OVGME (JSGME would work too). I made a folder for the mod, opened that folder. Then opened the .zip and drag and dropped "Sounds" into it.

To hell with 2.5, Hornet and whatnot. THIS is what I wanted to get on Christmas :D. Thanks a lot! Now we're waiting for the Spitfire edition.

@TC - the fastest way to install it for these who use JSGME or OVGME is just extracting the "p51" folder to mod folders of these enablers and turning it on. Don't know how to use it in Saved Games, as I don't put my mods there, someone else will have to check it.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

To hell with 2.5, Hornet and whatnot. THIS is what I wanted to get on Christmas :D. Thanks a lot! Now we're waiting for the Spitfire edition.

@TC - the fastest way to install it for these who use JSGME or OVGME is just extracting the "p51" folder to mod folders of these enablers and turning it on. Don't know how to use it in Saved Games, as I don't put my mods there, someone else will have to check it.

I take the folders out of .zip files out of habit from JSGME times. But yeah it works through the Saved Games method as well.

And I thought the same. I doubt I'll be as excited for 2.5 or Hornet is I am for these sounds.

After first tests, I would consider toning down the volume of guns somewhat, as I don't think they should be so loud and clear through the roar of the engine and closed canopy (i.e. I prefer more noticeable volume difference in current Spitfire guns samples in open vs closed canopy situation). One could also argue that exhaust note in external F2 cam is more clear in default soundpack.

Still, the rest is effin' great already, and a sign of even better things to come when this mod is out of beta.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

I take the folders out of .zip files out of habit from JSGME times. But yeah it works through the Saved Games method as well.

And I thought the same. I doubt I'll be as excited for 2.5 or Hornet is I am for these sounds.

How do you structure it for saved games folder? TC

Win 10 Pro 64bit | Half X F/T Case | Corsair 1200AT ps | Asus ROG Maximums XIII Extreme | I9 11900K Clocked@4200 | Nepton 240 W/C | 64GB DDR4-3600 Gskill Mem | Asus 3080 gpu/8gb | SB-Z audio | Asus 32" 1440 Monitor | Winwing Super Tauras/Super Libra | Crosswind R/P | Track-ir-5 |

Jafa, I don't even know where to begin... I've tried many soundmods in DCS that were a couple of realistic sound samples put together in a very unrealistic way, and I uninstalled all of them soon.

This one is a total game changer. My favorite module has just come alive! The sound is so rich, it's deep, rumbling, but also screaming, popping, everythig a P-51 should do. All the different sounds are put together in such a smooth, natural way..man, English is not my native language so I probably won’t be able to fully express what I think. Thank you for this amazing work, ED HAS TO implement this with the next update.

Thanks Reflected and also to everyone else for all of your kind comments on this sound mod.

For all of you commenting on the over loud "internal" gun sounds I will release a revised version at some point it , will come under "WEAPONS HOT FIX" and will be available at the bottom of the fist post so keep an eye out if you want it.

Lastly look out over the coming weeks for thread title "M"in the Spitfire section :santa:

Cheers

Jafa

[sIGPIC]picture.php?albumid=1526&pictureid=9861[/sIGPIC]

Not quite sure what you mean , please explain ...

Cheers

Jafa

When I am flying at 61'hg Manifold Pressure the sound is realy nice, you can feel the power, but sometimes you need more power.

So I expect that when I engage WEP the sudden jump from 61' to 67'hg would be quite audible, just as it is in the standard DCS.

But with your mod I cannot feel much difference if any between 61' and 67'hg power settings.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]In 21st century there is only war and ponies.

My experience: Jane's attack squadron, IL2 for couple of years, War Thunder and DCS.

My channel:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyAXX9rAX_Sqdc0IKJuv6dA