[OLD BUG REPORTS] Cleaning and Organization of old posts

RAZBAM_ELMO

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the May 20 patch notes, it states:

Updated manual (version 1.1.0)

In my system in the module Doc folder I have a DCS M-2000C Flight Manual EN.pdf dated 3-30-2020 that says version 1.1.1.

What gives? Typo somewhere?

Thx! I wonder why 1.1.1 is dated 3-30 but the change log (with typo!) is from 5/28 then?

:D

EDIT: and the 30 March release notes do stated:

Manual updated with Magic MAV search

So I do wonder if we were supposed to get another manual update on 5/28 and it did not happen? Or?

Edited by hlfritz
additional comment

If I recall correctly you are not supposed to start the plane on the battery alone.

The M2000-C is supposed to be started using ground power, that way you can work the INS and use the radio without having to wait until the generators are running.

Starting on the battery would kill it ... I'm not a pilot IRL so I'm just relying on what I've heard from said techs and pilots here or there ...

If I recall correctly you are not supposed to start the plane on the battery alone.

The M2000-C is supposed to be started using ground power, that way you can work the INS and use the radio without having to wait until the generators are running.

Starting on the battery would kill it ... I'm not a pilot IRL so I'm just relying on what I've heard from said techs and pilots here or there ...

You can start on the battery of course, especially if you are on a remote airfield.

But yes, on a daily basis, they start with ground power to spare battery life. Because if you start every flight on battery it will have to be replace sooner.

But battery don't wear out in DCS.

It's a little bit like aero braking (nose high) after touch down.

It isn't for breaking efficiency, it to spare braking system wearing.

On short runway, front nose wheel down ASAP and brake.

:smilewink:

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

+1 on this, it's impossible to adjust the lighting in the cockpit to not have crazy glare in the NVG, I'm not sure if this is realistic or not but considering it's the same effect as other NVG's in the game that do have gain settings, this seems like something that should be available.

Hi

After updating in the POL mode and APP mode, the angle of attack indicator from the windshield indicator disappeared

it’s also impossible to turn pages on a knee pad:(

The AOA in the HUD is a -5 feature, that is why it was removed from the C.

You can put it back by selecting it in Special Options.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=luJmsMOGKno

Hello.

During a turn the flight path marker while placed at the horizon line the aircraft decents and need to use the Vertical Speed Indicator to hold altitude.

In all aircrafts with hud when the FPM is at the horizon line regardless of roll angle the VSI shows Zero.

Hope it's fixed soon

Thank you!

Edited by Tlepolemos

I carried 2 GBU 12 but it's not listed in the weapons panel. Does anyone notice this issue?

As per RL, mixed A2G loadouts are not supported by the weapons computer.

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080