Night Harrier OP lighting

Stump [JOW]

Hello everyone,

Does anyone have any tips for flying the Harrier at night in VR? I find that the lighting from the HUD and MPCDs is so bright that it kills my night vision, and it seems that the day and night modes for the HUD and MPCDs don't make much of a difference. Am I missing something?

Thank you!

You’re not missing anything. Lighting brightness settings are somehow not yet implemented for a night attack jet.

Virpil WarBRD | Thrustmaster Hornet Grip | Foxx Mount | Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle | Logitech G Throttle Quadrant | VKB T-Rudder IV | TrackIR 5

AMD Ryzen 5 3600 | Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB | 32GB DDR4 3200 | SSD

I wouldn't hold my breath on a quick fix. Just fly in the day like everyone else. See its fine.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

When ?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DCS & BMS

F14B | AV-8B | F15E | F18C | F16C | F5 | F86 | A10C | JF17 | Viggen |Mirage 2000 | F1 |  L-39 | C101 | Mig15 | Mig21 | Mig29 | SU27 | SU33 | F15C | AH64 | MI8 | Mi24 | Huey | KA50 | Gazelle | P47 | P51 | BF109 | FW190A/D | Spitfire | Mossie | CA | Persian Gulf | Nevada | Normandy | Channel | Syria | South Atlantic | Sinai 

Liquid Cooled ROG 690 13700K @ 5.9Ghz | RTX3090 FTW Ultra | 64GB DDR4 3600 MHz | 2x2TB SSD m2 Samsung 980/990 | Pimax Crystal/Reverb G2 | MFG Crosswinds | Virpil T50/CM3 | Winwing & Cougar MFD's | Buddyfox UFC | Winwing TOP & CP | Jetseat

also how about actually making the MFD buttons work for this, so in mission as the light levels change, not in special, thats pointless when already flying.

Have raised a whole issue about this and the FLIR in bug section 3 days after 2.5.6 came out. You will note there was a similar issue with the JF17, corrected on the next patch.

Whilst were talking about issues and someone from Razbam has actually responded any news on the 2 year wait for the TDC slew to work properly re axis binds?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DCS & BMS

F14B | AV-8B | F15E | F18C | F16C | F5 | F86 | A10C | JF17 | Viggen |Mirage 2000 | F1 |  L-39 | C101 | Mig15 | Mig21 | Mig29 | SU27 | SU33 | F15C | AH64 | MI8 | Mi24 | Huey | KA50 | Gazelle | P47 | P51 | BF109 | FW190A/D | Spitfire | Mossie | CA | Persian Gulf | Nevada | Normandy | Channel | Syria | South Atlantic | Sinai 

Liquid Cooled ROG 690 13700K @ 5.9Ghz | RTX3090 FTW Ultra | 64GB DDR4 3600 MHz | 2x2TB SSD m2 Samsung 980/990 | Pimax Crystal/Reverb G2 | MFG Crosswinds | Virpil T50/CM3 | Winwing & Cougar MFD's | Buddyfox UFC | Winwing TOP & CP | Jetseat

The coders will add a slider to the special options tab so you can choose how bright it is.

That makes exactly ZERO sense.

A slider in the options for MFD brightness? Really? That's ridiculous.

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

Why add a slider when there are already controls in the cockpit that can control brightness of the various displays? Why not just make those functional instead?

Because its no doubt easier.

Hence why i raised it re MFD buttons not a slider you'd think after 2 years they would have the MFD brightness coded, you know being a basic requirement to use the actual jet. The EHSD is totally screwed at night now also and low light cannot be used re map, was one of the best in DCS now the worst.

As for the FLIR on Hud - well that is blinding in VR and totally unusable.

But to even mention a slider just show's how out of touch they are - question do you actually fly your own modules anymore in a competitive multiplayer environment in all weather / times of day - clearly not.

Unfortunately my patience has run out with Razbam this year with pathetic time frame's for a response or just ignoring completely. They are way behind other dev teams in terms of customer feedback and communication, it actually feel's like the Razbam forum is pointless - my only wish is that Deka / Heatblur had been given the F15. Cannot buy into any more Razbam products until they sort out there customer relationship and show a willingness to sort out basic but vital issues.

Stop working on pilot bodies, Mig 23 and Falklands and get the Harrier basic's use sorted. Eye candy and other functionality can wait. A night attack harrier that cannot be used at night just about say's it all really.

Poor performance from Razbam has to be said which is a shame as the Harrier has the potential to be one of the best modules.

DCS & BMS

Honestly, that is a very disappointing reply and fix. The real thing does not have a "special options tab" hidden somewhere in the jet that allows it to perform its primary role of night attack aircraft, why is this solution considered acceptable?

I realize some things are hard to translate to DCS and require an extra bit outside of the game (like the issue with the Mirage's TDC). This problem is not one of those things, not even close.

Honestly, that is a very disappointing reply and fix. The real thing does not have a "special options tab" hidden somewhere in the jet that allows it to perform its primary role of night attack aircraft, why is this solution considered acceptable?

I realize some things are hard to translate to DCS and require an extra bit outside of the game (like the issue with the Mirage's TDC). This problem is not one of those things, not even close.

Like I said, Message Zues he is the coder and would be best suited to speak with regarding this matter

Water cooled i9-9900K | Maximus Code XI MB | RTX3090  | 64GB | HP Reverb G2 

The coders will add a slider to the special options tab so you can choose how bright it is.

Are there more things not implemented in the Early Access version that will never be implemented in the final version?

I mean who would have thought that this kind of thing would be degraded to a slider in the special options when they bought the early access version. Sure, the description probably did not say we where supposed to be able to adjust it, but it probably did not say we where supposed to extend the landing gear either.

Basically this means that they feel that in the definition of a full fidelity module, working adjusting of brightness for displays is not included so if they like they can just skip implementing it during the Early Access period. There must be some kind of basic requirements for what the finished product should include in order to be sold as a full fidelity module in the ED store.

Could RAZBAM provide a list of similar features that have been canceled for implementation in the final version since the module was released as Early Access?

Like I said, Message Zues he is the coder and would be best suited to speak with regarding this matter

If I remember, your task was to communicate with the forum on RAZBAMs behalf, I thought I saw that in some old post.

Surely as a representative, you must be able to relay this feedback to the team?

If I remember, your task was to communicate with the forum on RAZBAMs behalf, I thought I saw that in some old post.

Surely as a representative, you must be able to relay this feedback to the team?

Ask Larry, i dont have the answer and the easiest way to get it would be to ask Zues

Edited by =DECOY=

I think its just a temporary fix?

I wrote a message to Zeus. I will let you know, if i get a answer :)

correct, i didn't explain that very well, the day night buttons work during day light but for some reason not at night, this is being addressed

Hello folks.

Please allow me to explain:

1. The Night/Day switch in the MPCD is working. If you set it to night, it reduces display brightness to 60% of current value.

2. The slider idea was for you to determine how much the brightness will be reduced when you activate the night switch; 10, 20, 60% of set value. You don't like it, then it is not going to happen.

Also, we are looking into other causes that may be affecting the brightness when the night switch is active.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

New night mode factor value.

Please be aware that using the moving map with the NVG is not recommended.

NVG_Night_Mode_1.thumb.jpg.92d81014b9c4d45b09c0abbd5ee64fcd.jpg

NVG_Night_Mode_2.thumb.jpg.66537bb17e08482a68927dd05a848007.jpg

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

Thought I'd quickly chime in here as I thought the MFD day/night buttons were broken as well. To everyone reading this PRESS RIGHT CLICK ON THE DAY/NIGHT MFD BUTTON. I thought that it was broken because I was left clicking on the night part and nothing was happening. Zeus maybe this could be implemented better seeing as everyone thought this was broken?

Also at the moment the day/night buttons only affect the symbology. The moving map is not affected by any brightness settings including the rotary dial. (Tested on Openbeta Night Training Missions)

Edited by lukeXIII
Clarifying better