Speedmaster flight seat

TAW_Blaze

Can this compete with obutto?

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Win 10 Pro | Trustmaster Warthog | MFG Rudders | VivePro Wireless Gear Lens modded | 1080ti OC Asus | 32 GB DD4 RAM | i7 9700 | Razer Chroma Orbweaver Keypad | Corsair KB | Derek Switchbox | USB Keypad | Logitech 502 | Jetseat with SimShaker Software | TrackIR5 | Autotkey | Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs | Monstertech Mounts | Saitek Throttle Quadrant

It depends. I needed something that can fit under my desk, can be used for sim and all types of other games aswell as watching movies etc. The speedmaster seat is modular and you can dismantle the front and only have the chair. I asked for the dimensions from their support and based on that it should fit comfortably under my place, and the chair has a sliding function so getting in and out should in theory not be a problem. I say in theory because you never quite know how a product works out until you get it. Unfortunately no possibility to try it out with this, but IMO it's good enough to make the "gamble" worthwhile.

The obutto looks super uncomfortable for anything other than sim / racing. I can't imagine playing any FPS on such a setup or any other genre in general. No arm rests, hell not even your lower arm is able to rest on anything from what it looks like. That's just straight up horrible.

Good stuff, bud. Gotta get you some Slaw pedals now to mount on that nice looking pedal plate :thumbup:

Let us know how you like it once it arrives and you get everything all set up...should be just in time for 2.5

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

Yea Im curious too. Obutto seems to have very long production time :(

This one reminds me of my DIY simsetup (bought it from a talented DIY racing guy). My setup is extremly sturdy but ugly as hell and doesnt work very good with my table. But the worst thing about it is that I have my HOTAS on the table and this really sucks. The Obutto Rev along with Warthog mounts looks really good for this use case. This seat seems to lack some features I’d miss

Win 10 Pro | Trustmaster Warthog | MFG Rudders | VivePro Wireless Gear Lens modded | 1080ti OC Asus | 32 GB DD4 RAM | i7 9700 | Razer Chroma Orbweaver Keypad | Corsair KB | Derek Switchbox | USB Keypad | Logitech 502 | Jetseat with SimShaker Software | TrackIR5 | Autotkey | Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs | Monstertech Mounts | Saitek Throttle Quadrant

To me the fact that it has a nice center stick mount and another mount to have the stick is perfect. Although I'm still worried the stick mount is a little too far forward, we'll see. My #1 gripe is that my current seat is uncomfortable as hell for flying and my #2 is that I need a 5 minute logistic tour to setup or unsetup my flight gear.

My hope is that this will be comfy for normal gaming and flying while my keyboard / mouse will stay on the desk and the permanently mounted flight gear will hopefully not disturb either. Having HOTAS on the table is absolute no go for me, and should be for anyone. It is a complete nightmare for your health. I won't even settle for a side stick config, also incredibly uncomfortable and unintuitive (especially with a Warthog ).

They passed it to DHL yesterday so it should be here anytime within the next 2 weeks. Hopefully it'll be comfy in every way possible. If not I'll have to mod it a bit :D

Looks like you had similar goals. I ordered 2 Monstertech Mounts and a Mit freundlichen Grüßen Extension to ease 80% of my pain. Looking at my setup (IKEA desk and DIY simchair made of aluminum sheaths and a racing seat) I needed a proper place for Throttle and most of all Stick. As you said. Hotas on desk is no joy and perhaps one of the main reason I procastrinated playing/learning/relearning DCS. Monstertech is cheaper and way faster than Obutto and now I can enjoy the winter. The Monstertech clamps also have quick releases. I like that. They are already being shipped. I just need to modify my simchair (unscrew the wheel mount) so I can sit higher compared to my desk. Then all my worst problems (stick position, relative TIR5 position, uncomfortable „WASD-Position“) should be fine. The speedmaster would be no improvement for me other than better asthetics compared to my DIY mess. Not worth changing I guess ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Someone knows why they ship only in some European countries (Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Belgium) and not all of them?

It is quite strange

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽  Valve Index 🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, Virpil Alpha Grip, Virpil CM3 Throttle + Control Panel 2, Winwing Orion (Skywalker) Pedals, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png

Just for info...i wrote them an email...and suddenly they added Italy to the shipping countries....so if someone also is interested can do the same

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽  Valve Index 🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, Virpil Alpha Grip, Virpil CM3 Throttle + Control Panel 2, Winwing Orion (Skywalker) Pedals, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

• 5 weeks later...

I have the monster tech mount for centre joystick and it works and it is handy to have but it is uncomfortable because you are sitting up straight at all times while in flight. I just registered with Speedmaster and will be ordering the flight unit in March as a treat. It certainly looks like the ultimate solution for comfortability and ergonomic design, complimenting the warthog. I will drop money on it so I can finally have a proper comfortable sim rig.

Edited by Dav IRL

4.8 I7, 1080, TMW&T, SSD, VKB MK.IV.

I have the monster tech mount for centre joystick and it works and it is handy to have but it is uncomfortable because you are sitting up straight at all times while in flight. I just registered with Speedmaster and will be ordering the flight unit in March as a treat. It certainly looks like the ultimate solution for comfortability and ergonomic design, complimenting the warthog. I will drop money on it so I can finally have a proper comfortable sim rig.
Trust me...you won't regret it...

Inviato dal mio ONEPLUS A5010 utilizzando Tapatalk

It depends. I needed something that can fit under my desk, can be used for sim and all types of other games aswell as watching movies etc. The speedmaster seat is modular and you can dismantle the front and only have the chair. I asked for the dimensions from their support and based on that it should fit comfortably under my place, and the chair has a sliding function so getting in and out should in theory not be a problem. I say in theory because you never quite know how a product works out until you get it. Unfortunately no possibility to try it out with this, but IMO it's good enough to make the "gamble" worthwhile.

The obutto looks super uncomfortable for anything other than sim / racing. I can't imagine playing any FPS on such a setup or any other genre in general. No arm rests, hell not even your lower arm is able to rest on anything from what it looks like. That's just straight up horrible.

The obutto works just fine for FPS use as well. It has a large adjustable padded tray for the keyboard and mouse. The forward humps in the back rest do function as arm rests.

I use speedmaster Flight for everything....both dimming/gaming/working on the PC....when I don't fly usually I detach the warthog grip to be more comfortable but it can be used also with it mounted...

The only downside is the center mount (which I use) that is a little too flexible...I am trying a diy to strengthen it in order to use my warthog extension again (with it the center mount is unbalanced).

That diy should not be necessary in a 600 Euros product...it is my only complaint on the product anyway..also the fact that you have to drill your own holes for mounting stick and throttle (I used Velcro for the pedals as when I don't fly I detach them, and would not be practical if them were hardmounted) is only a minor annoyance while positive for many people that prefer customize things...

• 2 weeks later...
I use speedmaster Flight for everything....both dimming/gaming/working on the PC....when I don't fly usually I detach the warthog grip to be more comfortable but it can be used also with it mounted...

The only downside is the center mount (which I use) that is a little too flexible...I am trying a diy to strengthen it in order to use my warthog extension again (with it the center mount is unbalanced).

That diy should not be necessary in a 600 Euros product...it is my only complaint on the product anyway..also the fact that you have to drill your own holes for mounting stick and throttle (I used Velcro for the pedals as when I don't fly I detach them, and would not be practical if them were hardmounted) is only a minor annoyance while positive for many people that prefer customize things...

Do I have to drill holes? I would have thought this would come standard?

4.8 I7, 1080, TMW&T, SSD, VKB MK.IV.

Finally the new version of this bad boy is out:

https://speedmasterseats.de/speedmaster-flight/

just ordered it, can't wait. My wallet hurts for sure though :D

feel your pain. I'm building an aces seat and im investing in some lube on top of the extras im about to buy. Should have just bought the ceap racing seat off ebay and some 2x4s.

Looks good, but i would like a center-mounted option for something like that. Volair has one, but the shipping might be outrageous

edit: seems there is a center mounted option. its just hard to see.

Edited by Skopro_PL

| 8700k @4.9 | Gigabyte Gaming 7 | 32gb Tridentz @3000 | EVGA 1080 TI SC2 | CV1 | VKB MCG PRO

[sigpic]https://drive.google.com/file/d/1FeLGqKyJ3K08k3z-7XaegWgRuGRGkKUs/view?usp=sharing[/sigpic]

To bad you can’t just order the seat and stand portion as the front end will be useless to me for vr flight

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Acer predator laptop/ i7 7720, 2.4ghz, 32 gb ddr4 ram, 500gb ssd,1tb hdd,nvidia 1080 8gb vram

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better. A new post every Friday.

Do I have to drill holes? I would have thought this would come standard?
Yes you have to drill it....I asked them about it, their reply was that in their experience everybody would have liked/needed something different.... but really, I think that this could be true for side mounts (where you can mount all sticks and throttle you can buy) and pedal plate, but the center mount has the exact shape for the warthog stick (without the base of course)... anyway drilling these plates is not too difficult...

To bad you can’t just order the seat and stand portion as the front end will be useless to me for vr flight
Yes but still useful for other things you can do while at your PC....

Anyway if you don't need it, you could just buy a simple seat....

• 4 weeks later...

Did you have to buy or build any additional gadgets to achieve this, or was everything needed provided in the base package?

Anyone tried this with an extension on the grip?

Windows 10 64bit, Intel i9-9900@5Ghz, 32 Gig RAM, MSI RTX 3080 TI, 2 TB SSD, 43" 2160p@1440p monitor.

No everything is there by default...I didn't mount the two tablet holders,and use the right plate (intended for use with warthog as side stick) with a second keyboard (maybe in the future I will build a control panel)

Did you have to buy or build any additional gadgets to achieve this, or was everything needed provided in the base package?

Anyone tried this with an extension on the grip?

I have also an extension (virpil 5cm) for the warthog stick...

The only thing I can complain of is that the center mount is not very sturdy too much flexible and I am thinking about a mod to solve this issue...and on a 600 Euros equipment you should not need this kind of mods....

Is it worth the 500 euros they are asking for it? What level of assembly is required?

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Acer predator laptop/ i7 7720, 2.4ghz, 32 gb ddr4 ram, 500gb ssd,1tb hdd,nvidia 1080 8gb vram

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better. A new post every Friday.

Is it worth the 500 euros they are asking for it? What level of assembly is required?
The assembly is quite easy...just the seat (comes jn two parts) is a little bit tricky to put together...

About the value I don't know...I needed something like that, and in Europe it is surely the beast available for the money...if I would be able I would have built something myself...but I am not..m