jtac won't lase

colubridae

It's bit of a pain to set JTACs up...

Had the same issue with "no mark, 1688" and the ME told me the distance should be under 10km. Well, at least from the first waypoint on it was under 8km and the second is similar. But the ME takes into account the initial WP which was too far away, so I had to move the drone up to an airstart close enough. Would totally appreciate if this was fixed somehow. Want them to take off and go there and be able to lase from higher distances which probably would be possible with the real things. Right now we have to mess around with invisible and immortal to make them even work properly because of the ridiculously low range that's been accepted by the ME...

Also, I'd like to provide them the same callsigns the ground bases JTACs use, but the ME limits those units to the few default callsigns for airborne units.

And I couldn't find out how to set their laser code... I was planning to have multiple JTACs up there with different codes and try out if I can call more than one to activate their lasers at the same time on different targets.

There also comes the problem that they won't tell me their exact target and I can't choose except for making them shift through until I might get the right one. In my mission there's "SAM, Zeus, SA-8" reported... I'd prefer if he'd at least designate the most dangerous ones first, which are the SA-8.

342685127_DCS2018-11-1100-10-13-87.thumb.jpg.3485634ee33f1992106856dc8491e3c3.jpg

669352856_DCS2018-11-1100-12-09-04.thumb.jpg.5e94247146b35884c9db97b54de265e9.jpg

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

In my example I now got "TERMINATE. No mark." - happens when the drone turns around (LH turn at WP2 to go back to WP1) and gets out of it's 10km radius to the target. That limit clearly is too strict. Lasing capability won't come back by itself, I've got to run through the NineLine, remarks, readback and stuff all over again to make him lase again. Now I have to find a way to make him circle around the target area instead of race-tracking to make sure he stays in range...

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

• 3 weeks later...