SimShaker for DCS World Sound Mode Expansion - Discussion

Guys, I've got at last BK-GR2 device.

So, I started to revise all the Sound Module effects, using the device and making essential changes.

Hope, you will like updated SimShaker more, once this work is done.

Gametrix JetSeats thread (in English) ,

SimShaker addon for bass-shakers thread (in English),

Andre's blog, downloads, manuals (in English).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...

Dear Andre,

I am building an obutto racing / flight cockpit, consisting a couple of transducers (buttkickers) at the frame, seat and pedals.

I am still not sure, wether to use the jet-seat too or if this will be unnecessary. generally I am missing a feature list of your software and the price. Maybe it would be helpful to put these informations (feature, q&a, price) on the first page and on your homepage?

So basically your software does the same for DCS as simvibe from simxperience.com does for racing titles, correct? How many transducers are supported so far?

Regards Boris

9900k, 2080TI, 64GB, ssd, valve index, Thrustmaster on virpil, virpil cm2 throttle, tpr pedals, mfd.

As I understand it, you can either use the jetseat, or transducers.

Not both at the same time.

There was a comment from one with both types of equipment, that the seat was more accurate than transducers, but I cannot personally compare since I only have the seat.

Very satisfied with the seat though.

As I understand it, stereo is supported in sound mode, that should mean two transducers, one in each side.

System specs:

Gigabyte Aorus Master, i7 9700K@std, GTX 1080TI OC, 32 GB 3000 MHz RAM, NVMe M.2 SSD, Oculus Quest VR (2x1600x1440)

Warthog HOTAS w/150mm extension, Slaw pedals, Gametrix Jetseat, TrackIR for monitor use

I think the Jetseat would be more accurate as you have more than one shaker, so you get positional shake (left/right) and buttkicker is mono mode only (unless you have 2 amps & shakers, one for each channel :))

No longer active in DCS...

Maybe it would be helpful to put these informations (feature, q&a, price) on the first page and on your homepage?

Hi Boris,

I'm trying to keep all the features at my software GUI.

Sound really strange, doesn't it? :)

Since SimShaker software is free, every one can install it and get up-to-date informatiton. If one doesn't want to install, one can read SimShaker User Guide at the web-site.

q&a is at our discussion threads. Please look for links at my signature. We've got there plenty of answers mate :)

SimShaker's Sound Module is not released yet. So there is no it's price at the web-site yet. Please feel free to use its demo version to try it out.

So basically your software does the same for DCS as simvibe from simxperience.com does for racing titles, correct?

Correct.

How many transducers are supported so far?

Two, left and right.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

As I understand it, you can either use the jetseat, or transducers.

Not both at the same time.

This is correct if we are talking about SimShaker.

But one can get working both devices simultaneosly, using SimShaker for the first device and legacy soundcard output for the second one.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi,

I just discovered Voicemeeter Banana. This is a software audio mixer which allows you to route, mix and eq different sound sources on your computer. With Voicemeeter I was able to mix SimShaker Sounds with the Windows default sounds (e.g. DCS stereo sound), thus, bass sounds like explosions are passed to the shaker!!! By using the eq, I added a low pass filter which only allows bass sounds to pass to the shaker.

Here is my small guide:

1. Install Voicemeeter Banana from: http://vb-audio.pagesperso-orange.fr/Voicemeeter/banana.htm

If you really like this, please donate to the developers.

2. Follow the instructions from Voicemeeter → reboot

3. Setup your Windows default sound to be passed to Voicemeeter Input

4. Setup your Windows default recording device to VoiceMeeter Output

5. Open Voicemeeter Banana.

6. For the Hardware Input you should select your microphone, here you can add nice FXs like gate or compressor. Make sure that the mic is routed only to the virtual audio bus B1.

7. Define output A1, A2, A3 (if available). For my setup I set A1 to MME Main Speaker, A2 M-Audio Out 5/6 and A3 to M-Audio Out 3/4. Your setup might be totally different.

8. SimShaker Sound Module → select output VoiceMeeter Aux

9. Define virtual input routing. I route the virtual input Voicemeeter VAIO to A1 A2 A3 thus the default Windows sound is played through all my devices. Virtual input VoiceMeeter AUX (SimShaker) is only routed to A2 and A3.

10. Add EQ for A2 and A3 to prevent high frequencies from passing to the shaker.

A problem is, that now, the volume control of windows is not working anymore BUT you can hook the media keys on your keyboard with VoiceMeeter. The feature can be find under Menu → Hook Volume Keys.

voicemeeter1.thumb.png.c22282292d9a010c2bf25303c4189220.png

voicemeeter2_eq.png.9109fe630e8c8d42c52f27b795990391.png

Gents SimShaker update is published.

http://dreamsimteam.blogspot.ru/2015/09/simshaker-for-dcs-world-update-10623.html

Sound Mode effects were fully revised using Buttkickers. Thanks Edin (Kuky) for testing with Buttkicker Simulation Kit, friendly feedback and support . See also recommended settings for Buttkicker users.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi Andre - I'm new to the discussion, and I'm very interested in assisting with this project if you're interested in having me join. It's been frustrating trying to separate/boost frequencies so that things I care about like gun, gear, flaps sounds etc are more pronounced without all the extraneous clutter while running my BK on full sound in the sim.

I run a Buttkicker Advance with a 300W amp, and I plan to use my Azalia on board sound with SimShaker and my Asus D2x 7.1 sound card for everything else.

Regarding the sound modules, I've donated $20 on your site because I think this is a very worthwhile endeavor, so is that sufficient for getting my hands on a set a set of modules to test with?

Thank you so much for your efforts in getting this working!

I've already downloaded and installed the base program.

System Specs:

Win 10 x64 Pro, ASUS Maximus X Formula, i9-9900K @ 4.7 GHz, 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 3200 MHz, NZXT Kraken X73 AIO Cooler, Titan X Pascal GPU, EVGA Supernova 1000W P2 PSU, C: 1TB Samsung 960 Pro m.2 PCIe SSD, D: 1TB Samsung 850 Pro SATA SSD, HT Omega Claro PCIe 7.1 Sound, Denon AVR-1709 7.1 Receiver, 46" Sharp Aquos Quattron Main Screen, 27" Acer T272HL TouchScreen + Helios, TrackIR 5, ThrustMaster HOTAS Warthog, Crosswinds pedals, SimShaker

Hi Andre - I'm new to the discussion, and I'm very interested in assisting with this project if you're interested in having me join. It's been frustrating trying to separate/boost frequencies so that things I care about like gun, gear, flaps sounds etc are more pronounced without all the extraneous clutter while running my BK on full sound in the sim.

I run a Buttkicker Advance with a 300W amp, and I plan to use my Azalia on board sound with SimShaker and my Asus D2x 7.1 sound card for everything else.

Regarding the sound modules, I've donated $20 on your site because I think this is a very worthwhile endeavor, so is that sufficient for getting my hands on a set a set of modules to test with?

Thank you so much for your efforts in getting this working!

I've already downloaded and installed the base program.

Hi Clayton,

thanks a lot for your support!

I hope you've already got familiar a bit with SimShaker software, using demo mode. Send me please your personal activation string, in order to get an authorization code.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi Clayton,

thanks a lot for your support!

I hope you've already got familiar a bit with SimShaker software, using demo mode. Send me please your personal activation string, in order to get an authorization code.

Hi Andrey - thanks for the activation code. I was able to get SimShaker up and running with minimal effort tonight after purchasing 3.5 mini-to-RCA stereo adapter cable to run from my on board sound center/subwoofer rear jack to the BK amp.

I mentioned earlier I had on board Azalia sound, that wasn't quite right. The Azalia sound unit is only for the front panel connectors. The rear 5.1 jacks are serviced by the on board Creative SoundBlaster Recon3Di chipset on my EVGA Z87 Classified motherboard. I installed the drivers, rebooted, started SimShaker, and selected the Recon3Di device for output, all was well.

I started DCS world and flew a couple A-10C missions, and follows are my observations:

1. Possible major problem for users of Helios - I run a glass cockpit via Helios and Loz's SM V2.1 profile. The first thing I noticed when testing gear sounds was a very pronounced lag after swiping the gear handle down on my touchscreen before it actually moved to the down position. I hadn't been paying much attention to the gauges and whatnot during testing, but after noticing the gear handle lag, I could see that all the real time gauges were only updating about once per half second or so. I shut down DCS World and restarted it with SimShaker still active, same problem. I shut down DCS World again and exited SimShaker. I restarted DCS world and this time all the A-10C gauges were smooth as butter again. I tried shutting down both Helios and SimShaker, and one time started Helios first and then SimShaker, same problem. I repeated the procedure and started SimShaker first and then Helios, made no difference. Again, after exiting SimShaker and restarting the sim all was well with the Helios gauges. The only things I can think of is that there must be some interference in the lua scripting or possibly the loopback address if you're using that for anything? Let me know what your thoughts are regarding this.

2. General observations (and I realize this is all still in development with improvements on the way):

a. All A-10C sounds/shakes that were supposed to be output to the BK from SimShaker worked.

b. The shake for the A-10C gun didn't match the firing frequency. I would assume that taking into account the massive recoil of the GAU-8, one would feel every round leaving at the same frequency as the gun sound?

c. The shake for the stall shudder was more of an intermittent buzz than a shudder. It felt pretty much the same as the flaps deployment/retraction.

d. Gear, missile and bomb deployment and ejection effects were great!

e. Ground roll effects were a repetitive pattern that remained the same at slower speeds even when I was rolling very slowly, almost at a complete stop. More speed steps to be implemented at some point?

All in all, and considering this is still in development, I'd say you've done a wonderful job thus far! The biggest thing for me is the Helios problem - I don't know that I could ever go back to using the mouse after using Helios.

Please let me know if/when you'd like for me to do more testing and I'll be glad to help!

Edited by GeneralDynamics

System Specs:

Win 10 x64 Pro, ASUS Maximus X Formula, i9-9900K @ 4.7 GHz, 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 3200 MHz, NZXT Kraken X73 AIO Cooler, Titan X Pascal GPU, EVGA Supernova 1000W P2 PSU, C: 1TB Samsung 960 Pro m.2 PCIe SSD, D: 1TB Samsung 850 Pro SATA SSD, HT Omega Claro PCIe 7.1 Sound, Denon AVR-1709 7.1 Receiver, 46" Sharp Aquos Quattron Main Screen, 27" Acer T272HL TouchScreen + Helios, TrackIR 5, ThrustMaster HOTAS Warthog, Crosswinds pedals, SimShaker

I too have noticed the helios lag but hadn't looked into it yet.

Intel 9600K@4.9GHz, Asus Z390, 32GB DDR4, EVGA RTX 3070, Custom Water Cooling, 970 EVO 1TB NVMe

34" UltraWide 3440x1440 Curved Monitor, 21" Touch Screen MFD monitor, TIR5

My Pit Build, VKB Gunfighter Pro w/WH Grip, TMWH Throttle, MFG Crosswinds W/Combat Pedals, Cougar MFDs, Custom A-10C panels, Custom Helo Collective, SimShaker with Transducer

Hi guys,

thanks for the feedback.

I do not use Helios and I do not have touch LCD to set it up.

Let's try to figure out what's wrong together. Please try to run SimShaker and Helios with SimShaker Sound Module shutted down (actually no effects playing) and report me results.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi guys,

thanks for the feedback.

I do not use Helios and I do not have touch LCD to set it up.

Let's try to figure out what's wrong together. Please try to run SimShaker and Helios with SimShaker Sound Module shutted down (actually no effects playing) and report me results.

Hi Andrey - I started SimShaker and unchecked automatic startup of the sound module. I exited SimShaker and restarted, the sound module did not start. The same problem persisted in Helios. Hope this helps.

System Specs:

Hi Andrey - I started SimShaker and unchecked automatic startup of the sound module. I exited SimShaker and restarted, the sound module did not start. The same problem persisted in Helios. Hope this helps.

OK, thank you.

I wonder, if you just shutdown SimShaker and do not restart sim, is Helios still laggy?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

OK, thank you.

I wonder, if you just shutdown SimShaker and do not restart sim, is Helios still laggy?

I started SimShaker (again without sound module), started sim and A-10C mission. Gauges problem persisted. While the sim was running and in flight, I did ALT-TAB, and exited SimShaker. Gauges on the touch screen smoothed out again immediately.

System Specs: