Broken Fagot

Andrew1968

'Fagot' not working!

My MiG15 is kaput. Other content is working, but the Fagot is my first DLC.

Downloaded from steam and I seem to have 4 intractable problems.

• Cold start not working.

I have followed the tutorials and clicked every key but it won't start. It might have something to do with the other problems

• My Joystick has disappeared.

Don't know how that happened, so my virtual pilot looks like he is gesturing something rude to the sabre pilots

• CD Key Input.

There is constantly a box lower right corner prompting me to input my activation/CD key (I don't have a CD as its DLC) when the game requests it. The game never requests it

• And finally, worst of all, I have no keyboard functions. Not even Esc key works,

so the only way out is ALt-tab to a previously opened program or Ctrl-alt-del and close from Task manager

I have searched the forum, and cannot identify the config or .lua file exactly, so have tried deleting several, all of which cause different errors and failures, so I have restored them. I have uninstalled DCS and downloaded it again from steam, but my fagot is still fried.

I have to say, DCS is the most fragile setup I have ever used. IL2 never has issues like this.

Can anybody help me please?

Edited by Andrew1968

IL-2 allows you to delete config files .. and keeps working well?

I’m amazed .. dcs wont like that approach.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

I would say you are probably having user issues since your solution was deleting random configs and are surprised that caused problems. DCS is no more ''fragile'' than any other program. Randomly deleting shit you don't understand is likely to affect any program.

The joystick disappearing is a key combo, makes it visible/invisible. If it's asking for an activation key, you should probably supply it. Assuming you're using the Steam version there is a comspicuous ''CD KEY'' button which will provide you that info.

The MiG-15 is extremely simple to start, so you are probably doing something out of sequence or missing a step like ground power.

As for your other control issues, I would start in the options and double check your configuration. Does DCS see your device? Can you assign commands to it? Do you have overlapping commands? Did you do something dumb accidentally like wipe all the keyboard commands? Do other aircraft work?

The MiG is not ''broken'', regardless, the problem is on your end.

Edited by zhukov032186

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

I would say you are probably having user issues since your solution was deleting random configs and are surprised that caused problems. DCS is no more ''fragile'' than any other program. Randomly deleting shit you don't understand is likely to affect any program.

The joystick disappearing is a key combo, makes it visible/invisible. If it's asking for an activation key, you should probably supply it. Assuming you're using the Steam version there is a comspicuous ''CD KEY'' button which will provide you that info.

The MiG-15 is extremely simple to start, so you are probably doing something out of sequence or missing a step like ground power.

As for your other control issues, I would start in the options and double check your configuration. Does DCS see your device? Can you assign commands to it? Do you have overlapping commands? Did you do something dumb accidentally like wipe all the keyboard commands? Do other aircraft work?

The MiG is not ''broken'', regardless, the problem is on your end.

You too should read it again.

I did not delete 'random shit'but deleted each .lua file in turn (and then restored them if they did not work) as the advanced search returns on my forum search suggested. However none seem to have the same directory or structure as on my machine.

I know how to input an activation key, but the little message says'when asked, please input your activation key' BUT, and here is the bit you didn't read, it has, after nearly two weeks and several hours play it has NOT asked for the key to be input.

I have input the key into steam activation box. I have checked the validity of the key on the ED shop. No problem there.

The problem is of course on my end. If it was your problem, maybe I wouldn't give a toss either, and resort to patronising abuse instead. But I'll be the better man and not do that.

This is not my first rodeo. I am not an idiot.

Hope you are having a wonderful christmas.:thumbup:

Edited by Andrew1968

Go to

Windows © / Users / your name / Saved Games / DCS / Config / Input / Mig15

Delete or move the Mig15 folder to desktop and restart. This will rebuild Mig15 folder inside Config folder if other is corrupted.

Try a Repair DCS for missing joystick.

Edited by cthulhu68

'Fagot' not working!

• And finally, worst of all, I have no keyboard functions. Not even Esc key works,

so the only way out is ALt-tab to a previously opened program or Ctrl-alt-del and close from Task manager

I have searched the forum, and cannot identify the config or .lua file exactly, so have tried deleting several, all of which cause different errors and failures, so I have restored them. I have uninstalled DCS and downloaded it again from steam, but my fagot is still fried.

Can anybody help me please?

First UP:

All configs related to all types of input devices that have been modified from defaults (Keyboard, Joysticks, Mouse, TrackIR, etc) are stored here:

IE: c:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\Saved Games\DCS.stable\Config\Input\

So if you wanted to restore DCS controls to defaults (Losing all your customisations) for the MIG-15 (sim mode) you would delete the following:

c:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\Saved Games\DCS.stable\Config\Input\MiG-15bis\

You may also want to try: Renaming / Backing UP your whole Saved Games folder and let DCS recreate a whole new one for testing.

Second: I know you have re-downloaded DCS, but run the Cache verification tool on DCS to verify it matches the defaults.

Third: I am assuming you aren't running any 3rd party MODS, if you are remove them.

Forth: Check MIG-15 module is actually activated in module manager.

Fifth: Post your DCS.log file (c:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\Saved Games\DCS.stable\Logs\DCS.log) so we might be able to get some clues as to the problem.

All of the other issues are minor, only have to resolve this one first.

Regards, Ian.

Edited by MadDog-IC

Asus p877v-pro, Intel I7 3770k 4.2ghz, 32gb Ripjaw X ram, Nvidia RTX-2070 Super, Samsung 32" TV, Saitek x52 pro Joystick and Combat rudder pedals, TrackIR 5, Win8.1 x64 with SSD and SSHD protected by (Avast AV).

DCS Tech Support.