color corrections in the game

wju

As we have in the game the gamma slider only, this is the only color correction for VR users. Monitor pilots do not need in-game color correction much, as the most of them have buttons on monitor.

Some VR´s are so bright, that the head hurts, some have colors washed out, some are dim, some bluish cold…

So my wish is to have color correction in the game, at least brightness, contrast and saturation. Color temperature would be nice bonus.

Regards:thumbup:

Edited by wju
  • Like 1

i7-7820X@4.5Ghz; GPU 3080Ti, 64GB RAM, HP Reverb G2; VKB Ultimate stick; VIRPIL Throttle; Slaw Pedals; custom AX&BTN BOX

One thing I notice in the game, in or out of vr is that the terrain is waaaay to vibrant in colour. It is, well, a bit lego. Caucasus is a good example. Great map, nature in woodlands is more dark green from the air. The sim would look more like a sim and less like a game if the terrain was less vibrant.

....One thing I notice in the game, in or out of vr is that the terrain is waaaay to vibrant in colour...

..may be due lowered gamma, the worst is Normandy.

the game may be well calibrated to sRGB standard, but only few of us have monitor calibrated well and VR headsets are without such possibility

the color corrections please...

i7-7820X@4.5Ghz; GPU 3080Ti, 64GB RAM, HP Reverb G2; VKB Ultimate stick; VIRPIL Throttle; Slaw Pedals; custom AX&BTN BOX

+1

I find overall ground textures to be far too bright. Tried reducing gamma settings to 1.2, but then I can't read my cockpit instruments (especially those shaded side panels)

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

As we have in the game the gamma slider only, this is the only color correction for VR users. Monitor pilots do not need in-game color correction much, as the most of them have buttons on monitor.

Some VR´s are so bright, that the head hurts, some have colors washed out, some are dim, some bluish cold…

So my wish is to have color correction in the game, at least brightness, contrast and saturation. Color temperature would be nice bonus.

Regards:thumbup:

E X C E L L E N T suggestion! :thumbup:

Mainboard: ASUS Maximus X Hero Intel Z 370

CPU: Intel Core i7-8086K @ 4.0 GHz

Memory: 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4-3000

Graphics Card: ASUS NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 10GB

Monitor ASUS PA 329 32" @ 4K

1 SSD Samsung 860 PRO 256 GB

1 SSD Samsung 860 PRO 4 TB

Windows 10 - 64 V. 2004

CH Pro combatstick, throttle and pedals

Having just started trying to set up a color printer, I'm of the opinion now this is self inflicted by poor monitor calibration. We usually just yank stuff out of the box and run with it, but it may be better to like... actually set the screen up properly like we would any other device. Sloppiness gets what sloppiness gets.

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

Having just started trying to set up a color printer, I'm of the opinion now this is self inflicted by poor monitor calibration. We usually just yank stuff out of the box and run with it, but it may be better to like... actually set the screen up properly like we would any other device. Sloppiness gets what sloppiness gets.

Monitor? Who's talking about monitors?

Please tell me how to adjust saturation on my Oculus Rift ;)

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

What about the gfx driver control panel? Game's colors are usually well calibrated (at least by the dev's choice) and the users can make corrections for their hw on their own.

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

What about the gfx driver control panel? Game's colors are usually well calibrated (at least by the dev's choice) and the users can make corrections for their hw on their own.

VR headsets do not have any "buttons" to correct, neither gfx driver sliders

Monitor? Who's talking about monitors?

Please tell me how to adjust saturation on my Oculus Rift ;)

you have to options in VR now:

1) lower the gamma and accept "toy story" color saturation

2) increase the gamma and consequently have headache from over-bright image

:)

Rendering is still generated through the gfx card so the settings in the driver apply.

gfx driver correction does not work for VR; it was possible in the past, they identified it as a bug and had "fixed" it; at least fo nVidia :-(

btw: i am not sure, that gfx correction are not overrided by the game even for monitor, I have played with it couple weeks ago and when I lowered saturation for Normandy, it appeared on monitor for a very short moment but almost immediately reseted to default setting

Edited by wju