Gazelle Air-to-Air

Chaogen

I was able to shoot down my first fast mover in a combat MP session. Pretty exciting. The RWR is very helpful in figuring out where to aim the seekers since my Vive doesn't really help with visual identification. I shot down what I thought was a Mig 21 since it showed up as a U on the RWR among the 23's. Turns out reviewing my Tacview file it was actually an enemy Mirage. So I'm wondering why a French Helicopter RWR can't ID a French Fighter? Just curious.

According to developer (sikrid dokumentz), that RWR is so advanced it can tell Su-33 nails from those of Su-27 and Mig-29 :D

That ingame performance has nothing to do with real capabilities, of course it can tell if its a mirage nail in real life.

It's just most probably because RWR library hasnt received any updates since 2016 :D

Not sure if polyflop ever cared about their products at all :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It was reported several months ago, all we got back was “show us documents about the RWR or else we don’t have to do anything” followed by “we’re too busy working on a new project to fix the gazelle.” Don’t forget the sound bug for the shitstral seeker has been around for multiple months now too. Don’t expect things to change, they haven’t in the past 6+ months.

"Fighter pilots have ice in their veins. They don't have emotions. They think, anticipate. They know that fear and other concerns cloud your mind from what's going on and what you should be involved in." -Buzz Aldrin

It's better to give money to an homeless and help him buy something to eat than buying modules of such developers...critical bug are still there after months and no dev show up to fix them. But hey they have secrets documents to study...Who are we to judge? We just have to throw our money at them and stfu

It's just most probably because RWR library hasnt received any updates since 2016 :D

Completely unacceptable. Just asinine. I have fun with the module and it has it's problems, but for something like this to go on for 3 years without an update is a bridge too far.

Intel 9600K@4.9GHz, Asus Z390, 32GB DDR4, EVGA RTX 3070, Custom Water Cooling, 970 EVO 1TB NVMe

34" UltraWide 3440x1440 Curved Monitor, 21" Touch Screen MFD monitor, TIR5

My Pit Build, VKB Gunfighter Pro w/WH Grip, TMWH Throttle, MFG Crosswinds W/Combat Pedals, Cougar MFDs, Custom A-10C panels, Custom Helo Collective, SimShaker with Transducer

It’s funny though because clearly they have touched it, since the RWR knows what a J-11 is and displays it differently from the Su-27, Su-33, and MiG-29... they just don’t want to acknowledge their issue

"Fighter pilots have ice in their veins. They don't have emotions. They think, anticipate. They know that fear and other concerns cloud your mind from what's going on and what you should be involved in." -Buzz Aldrin

Sounds to me like there's a few disgruntled customers around. I really hope they pay heed to what's being said as they potentially have a fantastic module in the Gazelle, just needs a few tweaks here and there to make it one of the most enjoyable. The tone missing on the Mistral version really is an example of a high priority fix. Customers will no doubt consider the support that is given to existing modules before buying future ones, worth noting I reckon.

The main issue is that the aforementioned "tweaks" are very slow to come.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).